I pit EGG

This thread is making me hungry. Scrambled eggs with cheese and smoked salmon? Mmmmmm.

I like egg sammiches. Haven’t had one in a while though.

And I’m a big fan of scrambled. Even more than omelets.

Hard boiled eggs are a treat! How many ways can one make them? I was sheltered, I’ve only had hard boiled and scrambled.

Johnny, Thanks for the welcome back and saving me, I really appreciate that :wink:

Maiira, I was meant to eat scrambled eggs and smoked salmon and a muffin for breakfast this morning, and honestly I tried, I really, really did. However I had to stop for fear of regurgitating it all over the table. At least I tried though!

Welcome back, Hippos!

I’m not overly fond of eggs myself, I particularly dislike the yolks. Smoked salmon, though… mmmmmm!

Thank you Broomstick! Yes definitely mmmmmmmmm to smoked salmon! I have never met anyone who doesn’t like smoked salmon!

<nervously steps forward> Pleased to meet you.

I like eggs, but have to watch them because there is a history of high cholesterol in the family. And I like the yolk the best! Typically, I only eat eggs when I’m eating at IHOP or at a hotel; too lazy to make them myself.

I love scrambled, but don’t dare put American “cheese” in it :slight_smile:

While I can deal with eggs as an ingredient in other things, eggs on a plate? No, not really. I can never get around the fact that I’m eating another species’ reproductive matter.

In my own case it doesn’t matter. I’ve gone through periods when I didn’t eat any eggs, and periods when I ate 3-4 a day. I take meds for my cholesterol, and they work just as well regardless of my egg consumption.

For the millionth time, eating eggs doesn’t raise cholesterol. Serum cholesterol is produced in your body.

I wish I liked eggs more since they’re the perfect food nutritionally and economically, and they keep for ages. Just the fact that every animal I’ve heard of naturally likes them tells me that I should, too, but I don’t get that excited over them. I tend to like them most when they’re covered in hollandaise in an eggs Benedict or something along those lines. Deviled eggs are good. Now dessert eggs such as custards, puddings, mousses, meringues…heaven.

Love eggs. Absolutely love them. Sunday morning, the NYT, and a wonderful egg breakfast. Fried or scrambled, with ham or bacon, and golden brown toast. Yum, yum, yum!!

In the movie Julie/Julia, Julie admits that she had never eaten an egg on its own. Then she followed Julia’s recipe and was hooked.

That’s all I’m sayin’

Why am I thinking of Female Trouble?

:stuck_out_tongue:

(Scene. 00:34.)

The main problem with eggs is that they can be tricky to cook. When eating out, I stick to fried over easy, because other types are too iffy. Never bother with large trays of scrambled (they usually have to include powdered egg).

Several tricks to making eggs better.

1. Make omelets instead of scrambled eggs. Use Alton Brown’s method and they’ll turn out crisp on the outside and creamy inside.

2. A poached egg is one dropped into boiling water; those who use egg poachers are cheating themselvs. Add a bit of vinegar first and swirl the water when adding the egg. When done, put on a buttered English muffin.

3. If you must scramble, make sure there’s plenty of room in the buttered pan. Pour in the batter. Let the eggs set a bit, then move them around gently and carefully. When they stop being shiny on top, they’re done. Keep the heat on medium so they don’t separate (if the pan is too hot, liquid comes out of the eggs, and they’re disgusting).

4. Fried eggs are best sunny side up (but restaurants often don’t cook the yolks correctly). You need to cover the egg while cooking; the steam will turn the yolk a little bit white.

5. Hard boiled eggs aren’t boiled. Simmer them in a pan of almost boiling water for about 20 minutes.

Why would you dilute the egg like that! Give me 3 billion eggs, some salt, pepper and some butter and I think I could survive for a few weeks, at which point I’d start starving to death because I would have ate all the eggs already.

Really? Define ages.

More than a steak probably.

I think there are hormones that can cut this to a couple of times a year.

:smack:

Of course, my quote should have said ‘meat’; not ‘mean’.

And the glögi isn’t even done yet, much less drunk!