I pit MordecaiB

Fine. I will agree that the specifically cited post was super self important. Would I have pitted him for it? Probably not, but he was making it seem really, really personal with W.E., and it’s way out of line for ATMB. And the fact that no one posted after him . . . how often are we told NOT to rise to the bait? I’ve seen Mods commend threads for letting crap like that sit fallow until they could respond to flags.

Otherwise though, while I often disagree with MordecaiB, he’s not particularly irritating, well, at least not any more so than the rest of us. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Didn’t know this was a thing. Great. :honeybee:

For what it’s worth, Mordecai’s a fuckin jackass. Awhile ago I was talking to him about an author, and mentioned parenthetically the author’s racism and misogyny, but also said a whole bunch of other stuff. Dude went the fuck off on me, until a mod eventually made him shut up.

Made an impression, that did.

I find it strange how he sort of appeared out of nowhere highly concerned about the board’s downfall. I was curious enough to look at posting history. The guy had some activity in the early 'oughts, lurks for like ten years with one or two posts a year. He’s either been paying since I was a baby, or he took advantage of one of the charter drives before the switch to Discourse.

After years of keeping a low profile, in 2020 it’s SDMB mania, multiple posts a day. He instantly shows up in ATMB, ‘man has the moderation gone to shit we’re never going to attract new posters’!

Look dude, if bad moderation are scaring posters away why are you suddenly active here? We must have been doing something right to lure you back! Right?

A curious case, maybe there’s a PM scene or something and he’s been active the whole time…

~Max

One. Taoo, Three. Three flags to get post hidden :owl: :mortar_board:

Flagging accuracy would eventually come into play. Whenever the mods agree with your flag, your accuracy goes up. Whenever they disagree with it, your accuracy goes down. Get low enough an accuracy score, and your reports don’t count toward hiding the flagged post (at least on the boards I’m familiar with).

So a cadre of people flagging posts for the helluvit would eventually find that their tactic stops working.

God, what a fucking dipshit. From “Threads With Men as Objects of Lust” in ATMB:

Yookeroo: “There are times I would welcome (people expressing sexual attraction to me) and times I would not.”

MordecaiB: “Are you saying that anyone, man or woman, could grab you by the dick at any time and you’d be fine with that?”

Pretty classic example of his argumentative technique.

Its been 6 hours, the post is there and I didn’t get an auto-message this time. I’m not feeling neglected and ignored, but thought you would want to know.

He first came to my attention in the thread last month about why some people have trouble being punctual. He was aggressively demanding that anyone who claimed to have ADD post their complete medical history so he could render judgment on whether the claim was valid or not.

Starts going off the rails about here, continues until he gets two consecutive modnotes from different mods!

Oh, and nobody has yet linked this thread in which he accuses hajario of, um, something really horrible involving Giraffe Boards, which he can’t provide any details about for, um, reasons.

In the end it turned out that hajario’s crime was apparently to post moronecai’s SDMB join date, which is public information available to anyone, in the GB thread mocking him. mordecai apparently thought he had used some Giraffe mod hacker ability to obtain this extremely personal information and then publicized it in order to ruin his life. Or something. Again, this is the guy who thinks he has the right to demand other people post their medical records in order to satisfy his curiosity.

(I hope this post isn’t read as an attempt to start a board war; I’m trying to provide context for mordecai’s rant against hajario, which happened on this board and would be less funny if you didn’t realize the incredibly trivial nature of his actual complaint)

And as a bonus, the thread has some classic DrDeth moments! Read it if you dare.

Except you did just mention it. So, you’re stupid.

Also all you cowards who are so “Concerned” about the unmentionable place yet constantly whine like babies about it still have your Constitutional Rights to go over there.

But you don’t because you’re cowards.

So you keeping whining about it claiming they are trying to start “board wars” when everyone knows it’s you idiots trying to start “board wars”.

And what do think will happen if an actual “board war” occurred?

I mean I know you have the IQ of a mentally challenged empty tub of butter but what probably will happen is that the Sun Times or who ever is losing money on this place will just shut it down. And then where will you troll? Not the unmentionable place. You’ve already proven you’re too cowardly to go over there and troll because you know you’ll get called on your idiocy and can’t bully the mods with your endless rules lawyering bullshit.

So stop being cowardly pieces of shit and go over to the unmentionable place already and hang out and be regular pieces of shit.

I endorse all of the above post except for the suggestion that chela should go post over there.

Actually, by you removing the sentences he wrote before and after the quite, you completely changed the meaning of what MordecaiB wrote.

I don’t think we are talking about what you are. Are you saying that anyone, man or woman, could grab you by the dick at any time, and you are fine with that? Cuz, that’s what we, or at least me, are talking about. Nobody here has a problem with consensual touching. It’s a totally different subject.

Brazen Cafe Flirt!

I don’t think I changed the meaning, I just made the bullshit clearer by editing out some word salad. The thread was about “objectification”, which can mean a lot of things, from leering at sexy photos to catcalls on the street to actual sexual harassment or worse.

This little shitstain unilaterally moved the goalposts to define “objectification” as meaning only “violent sexual assault”, and then attacked Yookeroo for not having read his mind.

Also in that thread, I said that sexual harassment of men was less common than harassment of women. He claimed I said sexual harassment of men was “no big deal” and that “men love being grabbed by the ass, they should be flattered”. I mean, I think he was saying I said that. He was replying to me at the time, and since neither I nor anyone else had actually said anything remotely like that, I think I was the one he was lying about at that particular time. But his posts are too disorganized and ungrammatical to really be sure what he’s trying to convey.

If you want to act as his defense attorney, maybe you could point to any evidence that anyone else in the thread was using the phrase the way he was.

Fuck him, and fuck you for defending him.

After seeing Broomstick’s story I can well understand why no one wants to go there. Some people are scum.

I don’t know what Broomstick’s story was, but she’s fucking crazy and a pathological liar, so…

Oh, wait, this was the one about how she allegedly got some threatening PMs on the SDMB from an SDMB member and decided it was somehow GB’s fault? But has never been able to present any evidence supporting that?

I know this is a thread pitting MordecaiB, who has been posting a lot of crap lately, but this is some absolute bullshit. The context needscoffee added absolutely changes the meaning. Your quote looks like an outrageous in-your-face strawman attack. The more complete one is a slightly dickish, in-your-face you’re-in-the-wrong-thread attack.

I don’t know what we’re arguing about, but okay.

MordecaiB, I scorn thee!

Not to pass judgement on BS’s story, but if someone did what she claims Giraffe posters did today (and that would have been waaaaaaaay before my time), mods here can read PMs if they are reported, and the perpetrators would be banned.