I Pit Mr_Hoogly

Fuck off, you anti-medicine moron. And take your anti-vax garbage and your moron typing with you.

The problem with you is… well everything. Primarily, you are a fucking stupid gullible idiot, who willingly gobbles up the bullshit being fed to you by the very media you are so happy to shit on.

An example of your fucking idiocy.

No, you have not “heard this” anywhere. It only exists in your febrile imagination, along with your memory of the kleenex that you whacked off into while composing your response.

There were a couple of isolated examples of where there really were media reports of the dead being piled up in the streets: Guayaquil in Spring 2020, for example. But unless Mr Hoogly lives there, why would he have seen it with his own eyes?

Me, too. Well, I get one every year after a few Decembers when I was much younger having a flu from hell that laid me low for nearly a week each time…and made me want to die. I grew a brain and got my flu shot every year after that, and I haven’t had the flu for decades.

Near as I can tell, his argument is that people who have engaged in high-risk behaviors for the past year, deserve to be rewarded for that, by being allowed to take further, and unnecessary, risks.

You can debate the wisdom of the lockdowns and the like. Those had a tremendous cost, and so you need to decide whether the cost is worth the benefit. But the vaccines have almost no drawback whatsoever, and are extremely effective. Getting almost everyone vaccinated (and that “almost” covers only genuine medical contraindications, not things like needle anxiety) should be a no-brainer.

I know it’s a fool’s errand to expect consistency, but here’s what he thinks about the timing of vaccines:

I guess we’re to conclude that he was for the vaccine before there was a vaccine, but now that there is a vaccine, he’s against it.

Impenetrable logic. Like his skull.

It’s… logical? to require something that isn’t possible? What is this I don’t even…

No, no, his point was that we needed the vaccine when we were having all of those deaths. Now that the infection rate and the death rate is down, we don’t need the vaccine.

EXCEPT THAT THE DEATH RATE IS DOWN BECAUSE A WHOLE LOT OF INTELLIGENT FOLK GOT THE %&~*ING VACCINE!

If you read the whole post, while I still think he’s wrong-headed, his position isn’t completely nonsensical. To start with, he’s specifically talking about the UK and its National Health service. He’s saying the rationale for mandatory vaccinations is to prevent the NHS from being overwhelmed. Last year, when the pandemic was at its height, it seemed like the NHS might be overwhelmed, so if a vaccine were available, it would have made sense to make it mandatory. Now, though, voluntary vaccinations and other measures have brought the case rate in the UK down enough that the NHS is in no danger of being overwhelmed, so a vaccine mandate is not necessary anymore.

NOTE: I do not agree with that position, and I think he badly misunderstands some key issues, but it’s not quite as nonsensical as that out of context snippet makes it seem.

Liar.

Yep. It’s kind of like those folks who bitched and moaned about the money that was spent pro-actively fixing the software bugs that would have caused Y2K problems. “Why did we spend all that money fixing things? There were no problems with computers when the clocks all switched over to the year 2000!”

THAT’S BECAUSE WE FIXED THE PROBLEM YOU MORONS!

I don’t mean to be disagreeable, but it’s exactly as nonsensical as quoted when taken in context with other incoherent claims he made in that very thread.

Same. Had a bad case of flu one year and made sure to get vaccinated every year thereafter, and have not had flu since. Might be a causal link, might not, but I’ve had no ill effects from it so why not?

Waiter, can we have a booster seat and some crayons?! lol

In Italy they declared this state of emergency with all young people dying and loads of other bullshit that people were afraid to come out their homes.
Then they said in Britain our numbers are worse than Italy and put pictures of ambulances parked up all over the news. Wow look at all those empty ambulances parked up. Nonsense.

So your argument is “There were pictures of ambulances”?

Wow.

Is it your position that a picture of ambulances on standby evidence that there is no pandemic to be concerned with? Based on what evidence beyond a photo you saw somewhere do you draw your conclusions?

No, I think his argument is “If I personally haven’t seen it, it doesn’t exist”. I presume he feels that way about The Grand Canyon, Tikal and Poverty Point. And you know the Sentinellese, Yanomamo and the Ainu are the same.

I have always gotten a flu vaccine. Still caught the flu one year but it ended up pretty mild compared to other people in my work vicinity (where . And my family didn’t catch it at all despite close contact.

They’re not perfect but they do work.

I thought his argument was “I’m an idiotic, anti-vax troll who too stupid to engage with here on the Dope, but I’ll try and kill as many people as I can with my anti-vax bullshit.”