I Pit Split_p_j

The edited article is still pretty damming to me. Looks like he gave the deposition thinking he wouldn’t be charged. Then the new DA decided to charge him, probably because of #metoo which was just starting back then. To make a name for themselves.

They didn’t have enough evidence with the one woman though, so they brought in these other accusers to firm up their case.

I think the article said that other accusers could be used to find a suspect via his MO

If you know how to read legalese, you understand the court order to vacate says, basically, “He’s 100% guilty, by his own confession. But the circumstances of that confession make it non-usable in the subsequent prosecution.”

But please, go on and enjoy your imagined vindication.

For the record I think he was a person that abused his power, which is not really surprising when you listen to his early comedy.

I do not think he was a rapist.

I’m not getting that from what I’ve read, that he’s basically guilty by his own confession. I’m seeing that he gave possibly incriminating testimony at the deposition, after being told he wouldn’t be charged.

I’m leaving aside whether Cosby is guilty or innocent, as it’s immaterial to the point that I’d like to make.

There ARE drugs out there that can cause a loss of consciousness, and many of them sufficiently interfere with a person’s memory and decision-making ability.

In my time as an EMT, I’ve encountered several people who were given GHB, or rohypnol, or MDMA. There’s an entire classification of drugs that are considered “date-rape drugs” because of their ability to knock a person out without them knowing they’ve been drugged.

Hell, some of them are even available by prescription. One of the most popular drugs for this is Ambien, which is a prescription sleeping pill that doesn’t take long to start working and can screw with a person’s memory and judgment. I was prescribed this at one point in my life, and walked about nine miles from my house to a local hospital, and I came out of it two days later at my mother’s house. She lived about 10-12 miles away from that hospital. I have no memory of those hours, not of how I got to her house.

It’s certainly possible to overdose on a date-rape drug. It’s possible to overdose on Tylenol. But just because none of the people that Cosby was accused of raping died isn’t evidence that they were never drugged.

Those are the same statement. Incriminating testimony is what is meant by “basically a confession.” That testimony was enough evidence to prove he did commit rape. Unfortunately, that testimony has been declared inadmissible.

Nothing about any of this changes that Cosby was shown to have committed the crime beyond a reasonable doubt. He just apparently had immunity from prosecution.

And this, BTW, is why I was arguing with @Northern_Piper that we should be able to say that Cosby conviction was overturned on a technicality. And why I don’t agree with calling him innocent. Because, if we do, we get people like this who think he didn’t commit rape.

He drugged people to the point they were not able to consent. Then he had sex with them. He admitted that he sometimes didn’t know if the the woman had consented, or could consent. That’s him admitting he did not first get their consent before his actions. And that makes it rape.

This isn’t a “he said, she said” case. We know what happened, from the guy’s own mouth.

Well it is, in that both he said and she said he raped her.

After seeing Judge Joe Browns thoughts on this matter, and his comments on what the deposition actually sates, I stand by everything I’ve said. He is saying in interviews what I’ve been saying. Cosby is in fact now innocent.

Cosby provided drugs that these women willingly took. We are talking about grown women here, fully capable of making their own decisions. As he said the whole point for these women was to get high.

They were trying to sleep their way to the top and it didn’t work out.

This is just like Scarlett Johansson now saying that female superhero’s are over sexualized now that she’s 40.

She wasn’t crying about that 10 or 15 years ago, in fact back then she was happily selling sexual fantasies. Just like Rose Mcgowan 25 years ago.

What a misogynistic tool you are.

Unsurprisingly you quote another misogynistic tool as support.

How am I misogynistic? I’m saying grown women can make their own choices, and deal with the results.

Now you are just trolling.

Are you fucking kidding me? Who the fuck chooses to be drugged without their knowledge?

Now, if you suggest that from this point forward, with everyone knowing that he’s a scumbag rapist (and yes we do know that) a woman choosing to have drinks with him is making a bad choice, that is still victim-blaming but at least there’s some truth to that statement. They are taking on a risk unless they live in a cave and haven’t heard of his hobby as an amateur apothecary (or are stupid enough to think he’s innocent, as you do).

You’re right. I probably shouldn’t engage this shitbag.

In the deposition, the question of how Cosby used the quaaludes goes unanswered.

“Did you ever give any of those young women the quaaludes without their knowledge?” Cosby was asked.

Before Cosby could respond, his lawyer intervened, saying, “Object to the question.”

SOURCE

Hmmm.

Ignore me all you want, the deposition says he told the other accusers he was giving them drugs showed them the pills.

He never said “quaaludes” true I agree that is true.

Let’s assume, for the sake of argument, that you’re correct that they knew they were getting drugs. That doesn’t change whether they were raped.

If I get a woman shitfaced with alcohol, even though she knows I’m giving her alcohol, and she gets drunk to the point where she can’t consent, it’s still rape even though she was drinking alcohol willingly. Having sex with someone who cannot consent (either because they are drugged, sleeping, comatose, too young, have dementia, are intellectually disabled) is rape.

Ok, so this is BS. They willingly took alcohol at the least. If I drink and drive, am I not responsible for my actions?

Getting drunk is not consent to sex. What the fuck is wrong with you?

How do you even “get” a woman shitfaced on alcohol? They cant make their own decisions now?