I Sing a Song of the Saints of Og

I nominate NoClueBoy as patron saint of MPSIMS threads that refuse to die.

I would be honored – provided I’m allowed a quick “do-over”. I had seen this thread before going to bed last night, and woke up in the middle of the night humming “For All the Saints” (damn addictive SDMB!). Thought up some lyrics, went back to sleep, woke up, posted them hastily (mustn’t let anyone else beat me to this hymn parody!), then read them later realizing that I had scrambled lines in the first and last verses (which have the same rhyme), and omitted my reference to our beloved hamsters.

So, here’s what I should have written at around 4 this morning (link to original):

Aargh! They’re “ducks’ quacks” not “duck’s quacks”!

Okay, I’ll stop now.

Antonius., that is worth cheering for! Email me in a day or two, I still have some fiddling to do with the “hymnal”. And if you click on the link of my post in this thread from yesterday, at 4:33PM, you can see other parodies that will be included!

Antonius, that hymn is the most thrilling and chilling in the whole world and now I will forever hear at the appropriate point: Gotcha-a-a ya-a, Go-o-otcha ya-a! I am weeping with laughter!

I think I may have to return to the Episcopal Cathedral also tomorrow. It’s been a long time and tomorrow is a special day.

Seige is unusual in that she is the Patron Saint of two things:

She is the Patron Saint of Tainted Matrons. (Hey! We needed her! And she was there! And it was such a lyrical name!)

And on a much more personal level, she is my own personal Patron Saint of Caring & Joyful Words-At-the-Right-Time.

But I will call her St. CJ Wart for short.

Addendum: After fourteen years with one shrink, it wasn’t until last week that I found out that my much loved Doc is a friend of His Grace, Lord Carey, former Archbishop of Canterbury and will visit him on his next trip to England. Meanwhile, this makes up somewhat for his also being friends with the Bill Frist. :smiley:

Celebrate!