I Suppose There Should Be A MMP

Can help me pick one if you want! :smiley:

I’ve had a poke roast roasting away for the last hour or so. I’m about to go cook up some little red spuds with onions and slice some 'maters. I think that qualifies as a healthy supper. Yum!

Mooooooom, my usual workday breakfast is a scrambled egg patty (I do up a week’s worth at a time and put them in the fridge), a slice of pepperjack and some hot sauce on a 7" corn tortilla. I nuke it long enough to melt the cheese. Sometimes, I’ll change up the kind of cheese or the color of hot sauce, but it remains a quick, light breakfast.

oopsie, my dog Nelson was a very light strawberry blonde when he was a puppy, but has gotten darker as he’s aged. He has a dark red streak down his back and tail and a fade to blonde on his undercarriage.

Got the Sunday chores out of the way in short order and messed around in the studio all afternoon, designing / making three cards. It’s thundering out now, so I hope that it’s not raining when I take Nelson out for his bedtime walk. I made a pot of kielbasa / kale soup that hit the spot ( I eat a lot of soup because it’s a nice, easy, light supper most of the time).

Supper was meh - I should have seasoned the roast more. There were 4 slices and an unsliced hunk left over - the hunk is in the freezer and I poured BBQ sauce over the slices - we’ll have them later this week. Dishes are done and I’m about to assume the crochet position.

Chillage shall ensue.

Well, I’m back.

Damn near killed myself yesterday, took a tour to Key West, 3.5 hours on a bus each way and 6 hours out in a very hot tropical sun…finally got back to my hotel room after 11pm and then had to get up at 6:30am to pack and head over to Miami airport. So I am a bit weary (this is being typed about 3 hours after I got home after stopping at Logan’s Roadhouse for dinner) and while I want to read all that’s gone on, I wouldn’t retain anything tonight. So I’ll catch up tomorrow, promise.

Oh, and Key West is worth visiting…just not in July.

Press on.

Welcome back Metal Mouse

As someone who believes in the medical power of ice cream, may I ask … what “myth” series on Netflix?

(The two aren’t really related … or ARE THEY?)

Cleaned, napped, put flea stuff on the critters. About to put the poke loin in the oven.

I’m suddenly a bit out of sorts this evening.

—There’s nothing I need to do (so it isn’t an “I’ve ben putting something off” thing)

—I’ve been pretty happily binge-watching Ambulance: Australia all day (so it isn’t an “I’m bored” thing)

—I’ve had dinner (so it isn’t an “I’m hungry” thing)

—It’s only 8pm (so it’s too early for an “I’m dreading going to work tomorrow” thing; plus, I’m actually kind of looking forward to tomorrow)

Yet, I am oddly restless and feeling rather…meh.

Tempting, but I fear you’d wind up with the one that I want. :grin:

:joy:

I’ve only been to Key West twice — and the last time was 10+ years ago — but I would agree with this assessment.

My first time there was during January; it was the first port of call of a cruise. High temps were in the low 70s, and everyone on the island was acting like there was a foot of snow on the ground. Heh. The second/last time I went was during October, on a vacation with my ex. That was a good time of year to be there, especially because we caught the start of Fantasy Fest. :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t that be a conspiracy series? :wink:

It’s called Myths and Monsters. Interesting stuff - I recommend it.

I didn’t crochet. I’ve been playing games on my tablet. Mega-chillage. :grin:

I suddenly got a rotisserie chicken at the Walliest of Worlds. Oddly (pandemic labor shortage I’m sure) they’re hit or miss on having them available at all, so when I saw they had any hot&fresh available at all I went FULL ON TOILET PAPER HORDE MODE AND BOUGHT … one …

… and had to loop back for baby potatoes, cuz one can’t go without the other!

So dinner is very abruptly sorted out.

Otherwise, I did little of note, besides feeding little Charm and eyeballing hard culls for Pretzel’s next lunch.
There’s one female (pity) who seems determined to chew out of her enclosure. As in, gnawing on steel trying to get out.
That kind of anxiety - and determination - seems either genetic, or quickly taught to littles. Either way, it is quickly snuffed out.

wow taxi cabs are dead here … uber/Lyft killed them off … heh when I went from la to Indiana and back I spent most of the time in the lounge because I was placed next to people who didn’t talk on the way there … so I went straight to the lounge on the return …should of checked back cause the guys I sat next to for the last few hours were amusing as heck…

Only disappointing things on the trip were I lost my tix in Kansas city when I went to the in-station bbq joint and that caused a kerfuffle luckily tho I used a travel agent (remember those?)and had the receipt from her and had to wait to get the ticket to return home the other was I paid 10.95 for disappointing sauce and noodles in the dining car …oh and they didn’t have cold soda which doesn’t bother me really but when I did want one they gave ya a cup of ice and a can … which went flat the moment ya poured it

an occasional denizen of north-central Indiana says hey

I’m in about 3,000 F.B. groups already … thanks, now I’m in more!

Shady I will say that the food has gotten much better. They’ve been putting in more effort and it shows. On a longer trip it gets repetitive, but at least it’s edible.

My Beloved and I are currently at the unveiling of the Ursula K. Le Guin postage stamp in Portland, Oregon. Many dignitaries and a few camera crews.

Hello, neighbor!

Drove from Prescott AZ to Las Vegas VA on Saturday to pick my mother up at the airport and had lunch with a beautiful young niece.

Spent the extra time to stop and take pics.

Took Mom to Colton CA, where we didn’t have hotel reservations because she was planning to stay with her other granddaughter and family drama happened. I was thinking we were going to end up sleeping in my car because all the hotels were full.

There was a lot of frustration happening because Mom is having memory problems and some family members are rather dysfunctional.

So, as long as we were sitting around waiting for things to happen, I ticked the HP Lovecraft Historical Museum in Glendale CA off my bucket list.

I called in advance and learned that they were indeed open to the public again, but when I arrived the closed sign was still up. I peered in the windows and drooledcalled their number to see on the glass for about 15 minutes then Mom got embarrassed and I called them to see when the door would open.

The very nice man who answered told me that they were recording a pod cast, but he would let me in. True to his word, he came right out, opened the door then explained that they were still recording and would need the back door closed because of the noise, but I could feel free to look around.

When I was done pawing their priceless and irreplaceable collection, I left five bucks by the beautiful antique cash register and locked the door on my way out.

It was the high point of my stressful trip.

Ummm, Unknown, we do start a new MMP every Moanday. We’re currently here: Spackling the Crack of Dawn- An Early MMP C’mon over and join us.