I want to change my nick to a symbol any suggestions?

I kinda want to be like Prince and change my nick to a symbol. If you can paste a good one in here I would appreciate it.

I guess it’s safe to admit that I am hoping that with a symbol for a nick, people will really be impressed by my mysterious self.

Ummmm… I could be wrong, but I don’t think the admins will let you have a single-character user name.

In any case, you’d have to choose a symbol from the Verdana font and it might not display properly for users of browsers/platforms other than Wintel/IE.

I don’t think he means on the message board, Mangetout; aha’s a musician, after all. :slight_smile:

Prince has gone back to being Prince now, so I think it’s OK to appropriate his symbol: )O->
[turn your head to the left, smiley-style].
Then we can all call you The Poster Formerly Known as aha.

l ó[sub]¿[/sub]ó l
.\ ú /

Oops.

Are you sure?

Yeah, otherwise it would the the Four Americans :slight_smile:

Am I sure he’s a musician, or am I sure he doesn’t mean changing his screen name? :wink:

Hell, I’m not completely sure of either. I’m kinda sure, though. Pert near sure. Nearly positively sure.

I always thought a $ sign would be good.

¤

I have no idea what that is, but I like it. Kinda looks like a bellybutton.

It’s called a lozenge, but I’m not sure what it’s used for.

**loz·enge Pronunciation Key (lznj)
n.
A small, medicated candy intended to be dissolved slowly in the mouth to lubricate and soothe irritated tissues of the throat. **

It’s for when your computer gets a virus!

I’m so sorry.

Great suggestions so far. I like the $ one especially all tho the others deserve honorable mention. I 'm not sure who will mention them but they deserve it.

Now let me clear up the part about whether my mysterious new symbol will be for real life or for the board. Well to be honest I ain’t sure yet. If I use it in real life I will have to get my wife’s permission and she is kind of a traditional girl, however she understands that as a musician I would like to be mysterious. So I will have to approach her in non-mysterious way, say like at supper. I might say something like “Would you pass the peas sweetie” and I think I am going to change my name to a symbol for mysterious reasons. Of course that would make you mysterious too sweetheart so how about it?" And by the way your salad is delicious!"

The jury is out on that one.

Now as far as the board is concerned they probably won’t let me change my nick to a mysterious symbol. If they don’t I might just sull up and become mysterious around my cat Miss Kitty and my dog Miss Penny exclusively because they seem to understand many things about mysteriousness that other people don’t. In any case keep those suggestions coming because right now my life is an open book and there is certainly nothing mysterious about that is there?

All cleared up?

But then how would we be able to tell you from that other washed up rock star…oh yeah, you’re the one who doesn’t wear purple and had only one hit :g , d and r…:

You can’t have #. I called it first.

Actually, I may have to arm-wrestle octothorpe for it.

IIRC, I am the walrus 3:) (or something like that) has a symbol within his name, so it’s at least come up before. Maybe you could be “$$$$$$$$$” so we could search for you. :slight_smile:

How strange, I just recently made a post like this on another board I frequent. I decided to change my user name over there to §. I didn’t realize at first that it was a section symbol when dealing with law & code books, but oh well. I’m the mysterious and strange § now.

Suggestions for your new, mysterious symbol/name:
Ж
Ђ

Hope the change works well for you.

aha !

Odieman sed:
But then how would we be able to tell you from that other washed up rock star…oh yeah, you’re the one who doesn’t wear purple and had only one hit :g , d and r…:

Odieman! setting jaw I would be the slightly older one. The one with FIVE not one US chart record thank you very much.

And so what if all my groupies are now on Social Security. Big deal.

Generic currency symbol. (see here)

aha - what about taking inspiration from a crop circle? Which will add the mysterious “extraterrestrial” touch to your new designation.