I was in Labor(Day) for 24 hours! - A Relaxing MMP

I am a Teamster, but I’m guessing the days of special treatment in Vegas are long gone. I dont think my union card would get me squat. I have tried the “$20 sandwich” trick while checking in (When they ask for your ID and credit card, you hand them over with a little something extra in between), and twice it’s resulted in an upgraded room.

What the union does get me is double time and a half when I irk on a holiday - like today! So even though today’s gonna suck, I’ll make some decent coin for it.
On a relatively busy weekend day, we’ll see about 4000 guests. Saturday and Sunday we had 5000 and 7000 respectively. I expect today will be somewhere in between those two. I’m already looking forward to tomorrow.

It’s my baby’s b-day, too - she’s 37! How the heck did that happen?

Anyway, Happy solost Day!!!

Mowage is done. I’m clean and clad appropriately for venturing forth, tho I don’t plan to venture anywhere today. Too much to do before Weds… In a little bit, I’ll have lunch, then I guess I’ll start in the back of the house and work forward (Technically, I’ll be working from north to south, which is actually side to side, based on the orientation of the house, but we call the guest room the back bedroom and that’s where I’m starting.)

None of the chores are particularly difficult - it’s just that there are a lot of them. Plus I want to pull a couple of chickie tits out of the freezer and cook them up for chicken-grape salad. And I bought 3 cukes yesterday that need to become cuke-onion salad. I’m already exhausted!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

A) Setting up my new laptop, and B) getting ready to drive out to the MidWest later this week. Other than that it’s just another day, like any other, meaning I’ll be reading and playing around online.

Thanks, @FairyChatMom! You are nice, dammit!

:musical_note: Your birthday is here again
You’re older now, that’s clear (again!)
So let’s sing a song of cheer again
Your birthday is here again :notes:

Thanks @SCAdian !

Yeah, about ready to stop counting :roll_eyes:
(58 today, just for the record).

[Recap] Saturday I drove the MG to the supermarket (8 mile round-trip) and to the liquor store (2 mile round trip). I had to move three vehicles to get it out of its canopy garage, so I parked it at the street-end of the driveway. It started raining in the morning, so I got the bow out of the boot, assembled it, put it on, and then covered the car with a car cover. As I was walking away, it stopped raining. So I was able to make those two short drives.

So yesterday I needed to go back to the supermarket for some fish sauce. Drove the MG again. Parked it at the end of the driveway. Not long after, it started raining again. Once again, erect the bow and put on the cover. And it rained all day. The sun came out at six, but by then it was too late to do anything.

I was planning to drive it today (the Sun is out), but Bet, Bath & Beyond is closing and I need to get some things so I’ll have to take the Prius.

In other news, Abbey wanted out into the catio as soon as I got out of bed. I opened the door and put a shoe in it, and she went out. Seconds later she came tearing in, ran through the living room, and around the corner into (at least) the kitchen. I went out after a bit, and there was a young raccoon playing in the yard at the edge of the deck. Mrs. L.A. said even as young as it was, it was bigger than the ones she had back in Tennessee.

Almost nine in the ayem, and I’ve just put the bacon on.

And a good late morning to all. Shopping has been completed and sammich is about 50% consumed, so the outdoor morning chores are done. Rain lightly right now and the clouds promise more, so I guess calling off soccer practice for today wasn’t a bad idea. Couple of hours and I’ll head to the gym to beat the pool water into submission with what I consider a backstroke, and then come home to think about supper.

And a happy completion of another trip around the sun, solost (do we have an MMP name for you yet? Stick around.)

Wheelie, that’s a lot of people to move around; hope the rest of the week after today is slower.

FCM, happy homemaking…

boo fae, two cities I haven’t visited yet but want too; but maybe on cooler days…

OK, sammich is now 100% consumed and is assimilating nicely. Everyone have a good afternoon/evening now.

Well, FIL is having another bad day. He’s seeing 2 of his wife. He’s paranoid about people seeing in their house and getting in their house and taking their money. His brain is out of control, and because of his balance and BP issues, they can’t do much with his Parkinson’s meds. It’s an awful situation with no hope of improvement.

I’ve got their room ready. Taking a break before more tidying. Zero motivation.

FCM I’m sorry about your FIL. FCD needs to bundle them in the car, drive ASAP to Maryland, and deal with the fallout later. It truly sucketh.

My BIL goes on Thorsday to have wires inserted into his brain for his Parkinson’s. This is known as deep brain stimulation. My nephew will be with them and I will stay with sis after nephew goes home.

A q for the birthday people …are the birthdays always on labor day since it’s a fixed day or just once every few years?

Like at least once or twice a decade easter and my birthday occur on the same day …

yeah someone in my fam would have gone to court and taken custody already and the or else option would let the state handle it yeah that option is awful the FCF has been very patient …

My MIL’s BIL (her sister’s husband) had this and it really helped him. I’m not sure why FIL isn’t a candidate for it. But he has so many other health issues…

As for kidnapping them, it won’t/can’t happen. All we can hope is that when they get here, they are OK with the apartment and one comes available soon. I don’t know if they’ve talked to a realtor about their house yet. Just too many things to be done before they can move, assuming they don’t change their minds again.

If MIL would just consent to having a carer come to the house periodically, they could likely manage where they are. But she absolutely refuses, even tho help is available thru the county. She can’t see that she’s going to kill herself trying to take care of her husband. The stubborn is strong in this one…

shady, is that a serious question?? My daughter was born on a Thursday. It just happens that this year, her b-day is labor day.

yeah the heat here melted my brain lol

Good thing I got the mowage achieved yesterday, it’s been raining all day. And! I have apparently fixed the leak at the vent stack on the roof. There’s no drip in the bathroom. So go me. I had to replace the boot up on the roof, years of sun and snow had degraded the rubber.

I’m not usually up at midnight on sundays, just happened to be and doggio got in 30 minutes before I did with the start of the MMP. No biggie.

I made the trek to town to the booze sto, and a trip to TJ’s. Needed frozen indian food (don’t judge) and jelly beans, among other things.

FCM So sorry about what you’re going through with the in-laws.

solo Happy burpday!

It seems I was misinformed. The Bellingham store is not closing.

I forgot to say earlier that my sister called yesterday. Her ‘husband’ had the second toe on is right foot amputated. I guess he injured it moving a car, refused to go to the ER or doctor, picked at it, and it finally became gangrenous. He’s a Type 2 diabetic who, I get the impression, doesn’t do much to control it. (My sister and family are poor, and the foods they get are often not what they should eat.) When he did go to the ER his blood glucose level was 149 and they gave him insulin. Later, his blood glucose level was in the 170s. Wifey, RN said that doesn’t sound so bad. He’s also a loud-mouth know-it-all of average intelligence. He’s royally pissed off (and bored) at being in the hospital.

Dishwasher is almost done. I cleaned the microwave - it was pretty bad, but boiling a mug of water first loosens all the crud. I’ve got the chicken out to thaw; The guest room is ready and the baby’s pack-and-play is in FCD’s office. There’s not enough space for it in our bedroom. Not if we want to move.

Looks like we’re in for a soggy tomorrow and Daughter has a meeting at 3:30, so I’ll bring Roxy back here after school till her mom is done. I’ll keep the kids in the basement so the upstairs stays more or less in order.

It’s overcast, but the rain isn’t supposed to hit till 5 or so. Trying to think if I have any errands to run before the skies open.

Gonna hafta update that 'spression soon. Hell, I’m a coupla decades younger 'n you, and I haven’t seen a checkbook in years.

{ clutches pearls }

I’m familiar with the term, but only in writing, so I must ask: how does one pronounce it?

“BATCH - ing”?
“Baking”? (That seems weird, too.)

:notes: Sto lat, sto lat :musical_note:

(Means “a hundred years!” in Polish. It’s their equivalent of the burfday song.)

It’s a fairly nice day here in the ‘high desert’. 76f, heading for 86f. We have another day of sloth planned.
I might get the box containing the new bathroom fan and look at it again and do something to prepare for it’s installation, but I’m pretty sure it’s going to need to be on it’s own circuit. Our service entrance doesn’t have a main breaker and I don’t want to get in there myself without being able to shut off the flow of those nasty electrons. We have an electrician scheduled (sort of) to come replace our service entrance with a bigger one with a main sometime in the next few weeks, so I’m not really in a hurry.

We also have a big double door (French door) sitting in our basement waiting for a local contractor to come and install it. A few years ago I would have done it myself, but it’s too big and heavy for me to wrestle with any more, so we’re on a list. Contractors around here are very independent. They have more work than they can handle most of the time.

I sympathize with your in-law woes, Mom, but have no advice.

Hope everybody has an excellent Moanday, or Labor Day, as the case may be.

(Edited to correct spelling. I hate this keyboard.)

At some point you won’t have to because you can’t remember. But that’s likely about 20 years out for you.

Sorry, FCM. It’s hard when there appear to be good options that the aging relatives reject.