[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
No, this is what I first said. “Unless it is your contention that she stayed in the room with him willingly.” It really is an important distinction. No one has suggested that she was forced into the room, and for you to continue to argue against that position is foolish.
For the life of me I do not see where you are getting this “discuss business” crap from. First he called her a “fucking worthless piece of shit,” then he followed her into the room and slammed the door, and proceeeded to scream at her, to insult her, to intimidate her, and to bully her. That may be discussing business in your part of the world, but if so, you are way out on the tail end of the Bell curve.?
[/QUOTE]
What is unclear about “he cornered me,” unless you are attempting to torture a definition? He cornered her. She was not free to move. She was too frightened to move.
Why? Why isn’t the fact that he did it willingly proof enough? If he in fact did prevent her from moving, would his defense be that he was not aware of it? He didn’t *mean *to corner her and scream at her, it just turned out that way?
[/QUOTE]
No this is what you first said:
Which is what I was commenting on. Any other of your quotes came after that post.
I get it, you are outraged. Doesn’t change the fact that the guy is not going to and should not be charged with the level of crime that you suggest. I used the term “discuss business” to separate it from he went in there to rape/rob/murder her. If it isn’t up to your level of outrage I’ll say he went in there to “act like an asshole in an unprofessional manner, yelling like a fucking lunatic in response to something that happened at work”. Is that better? You can add a few more expletives to it and I wouldn’t disagree with you. I’m not saying what did was right, it just doesn’t warrant a couple of years in prison.
[QUOTE=Contrapuntal]
What is unclear about “he cornered me,” unless you are attempting to torture a definition? He cornered her. She was not free to move. She was too frightened to move.
Why? Why isn’t the fact that he did it willingly proof enough? If he in fact did prevent her from moving, would his defense be that he was not aware of it? He didn’t *mean *to corner her and scream at her, it just turned out that way?
[/QUOTE]
Jesus Christ. Of course I am torturing a definition. We are talking about the law. Words and there definitions are very important. In the law words like intent are very powerful and precise. You can’t just throw them around. The application of that definition can mean the difference between a minor fine and a prison sentence. Too frightened to move and not free to move are two different things. Thats where that pesky word intent comes in. I deal with the law every day of my life. This case is a loser. This is not improper restraint. It could never be proven in a court. No prosecutor would ever touch it. Go ahead and be outraged but don’t let it cloud your judgement. In my opinion he should be fired. Just calling someone a fucking worthless piece of shit in a business setting should be enough for that. He shouldn’t go to prison for a couple of years.