If you had to be executed, how would you like to be put to death?

Carbon monoxide is unpleasant, smell wise if nothing else. Nitrogen doesn’t scare your body into understanding it’s dying, and nitrous oxide is the same but much more fun. People have died overusing nitrous and nobody ever notices because they’re just smiling but very, very quiet all of a sudden. That’s a decent way to go.

Chuck me out of a plane. At least I get the joy of freefall before I plop.

That’s what I was thinking too.

If I was in freefall, I’d plop long before hitting the ground.

Carbon monoxide is odorless and colorless. That’s why CO detectors are so important. It’s not unheard of for people to die of CO poisoning in their sleep because something malfunctioned after they went to bed.

The botched execution rate for firing squad is extremely low. And something just feels appropriate about it. It’s a man-to-man execution. They need to know it was justified to go through with it.

Lethal injection sounds nice in theory (aside from needles), but doctors botch it because their job is to save lives and they have little experience with the correct dosages for something that kills instead. Or worse, you don’t get a doctor at all, and you get some guy who hopes to get it right with something he’s inexperienced with.

I believe Monty Python had something to say on the subject. (Definite two-click rule.)[spoiler]Monty Python's The Meaning of Life - Death - YouTube

If nitrogen asphyxiation is as some of you have described (you don’t know you’re dying, you just die and that’s it) then if I got to choose, that would be my choice.

I voted something else.

My something else is. C4 helmet.:eek: BOOM, vaporize the entire brain in an instant. No brain, no consciousness, no pain.:smiley:

I think too many people here are focusing on the utter avoidance of pain. Call me sentimental, but you only die once. I’d be willing to endure the possibility of a moderate amount - say, up to 15 seconds - of severe pain, if it means going out in style.

So burning at the stake or crucifixion, no. They may be metal as fuck, but they exceed the 15-second limit. But firing squad? Definitely. I’d also be willing to accept a public hanging or the headsman’s ax, so long as they’re administered by professionals; I’d also drink nightshade. You can’t beat the classics.

“In my own bed, with a belly full of wine and a maiden’s mouth around my cock, at the age of eighty.”
And yes, Meaning of Life.

Torso is bigger target, and makes open casket easier. Both are pretty quick, the typical firing squad involves 4 shots and 1 person with a blank.

Unless you’re James Connolly. He was already injured, so they tied him to a chair.

My vote is firing squad. Besides the high rate of failure with lethal injection, if you are going to execute people, better make it visceral. The clinical setting seems so ghoulish.

Exactly! Using science to execute people is an insult to science.

Weird that only Kaylasdad99 has thought of drug overdose. Seems like a no brainer to me: you can literally enjoy your death.

I had the idea something similar to a guillotine. In my thought though, instead of a blade coming down to sever the neck it would use something like a pile driver to force the cranium through an oversized french fry cutter. That should be quick and messy enough.

Sniper, with no idea of when it’s going to happen.

Wouldn’t that be, like, a horrible torture?

I’d pick it but I don’t like needles. (Can’t say I hate them, they just seem a bit unnatural.)

And I don’t know if the prisoner would be trusted to swallow drugs. So that leaves the gas chamber which is another choice. The only two drugs that I know can be mistified are alcohol and Fentanyl although there are probably others. Hmmm, maybe a little of both?

It’s not really any different from living your regular life- we have no idea when or how we’ll be taken out. I can be crossing the street in front of my office this morning and get hit by a Metro bus, or I can die asleep in my bed in 60 years. I already know I’ve been convicted and will die, and that it’ll be over before I know it without pain (assuming they’re a good sniper), so it’s just a matter of when. I’d just go about things as usual until lights out (though maybe I’ll be less concerned about eating healthy).

And who knows, maybe the bus will get me before the sniper does. :smiley:

Either something immediate and instantaneous; or painlessly in my sleep; or orgasmed to death. But from the available options, I picked the volcano.

No. The OP specified no tricks. The expectation of the state is you will be put to death in accordance with law. You committed a capital crime and the debt must be paid. Come up with a real option or it’s the hornets for you.