If you had to eat at one of these fast food places for the rest of your life, which would it be?

There’s a Five Guys near me, and I love their food (especially their fries), but eating there every day would get boring after a few days.

I’ve only had In-N-Out and Whataburger and between those two it’s flip a coin. None of them, as far as I know, have a location in Wisconsin. However in Wisconsin the best burgers are found in bars. And there, my friends, is a tough choice to make.

The only one near me is 5 Guys and the one time I had it, it was pretty gross. I mean, “Worse than McDonald’s” gross. At least McD’s burgers tasted like burgers as opposed to “very thin cardboard soaked in burger grease”. So I chose “Starve To Death”. If you’d included Burger King or Sonic or Good Times (all much better than 5 Guys, IMO), I’d have picked something.

I’ve had 5 Guys, In-N-Out, and Whataburger. I chose 5 Guys of the three.

Of those offered, I guess In-N-Out would win. But if I had to subsist on one fast food chain, I’d pick The Hat. And I could eat reasonably healthy at that, with some tweaking.

Since the title said “fast food places” without the word “burger” anywhere in there, I opened this thread expecting a wider variety of choices. These, as Dorothy Parker once said, run the gamut from A to B.

As best as I can tell from other threads here about burger places, that is. The only one near me is Five Guys, and it’s 20 minutes away in a direction I don’t usually go.

Their burgers aren’t bad, though I like my own burgers better. Of course, there’s only one place I’ve ever been to whose burgers I liked better than my own, so that doesn’t tell you much.

And they’re one of the few burger places whose fries I actually like. (I’ve never understood the love for McDonalds’ fries - they’re tolerable when hot, and awful once they’ve cooled.)

Five. Guys.

None of those places are near me, so I am going with cannibalism.

But of the choices listed, I would choose Five Guys.

I will starve, because none of those places can sustain human life.

I’d eat at In & Out two meals a day, happily. Breakfast is rather problematic.

Shake Shack. To be fair, though, both of my experiences eating there have involved me standing in line in freezing rain, which has a tendency to make food taste much better.

Cite?

Five Guys is pretty good. Being from Texas, I had to go with Whattaburger. Ate at in-and-out for the first time Saturday. Whatthehell? What on EARTH is the fuss about. it was a plain little hamburger with some plain little fries. I was not even remotely impressed.

None of those places are anywhere near me. The closest is Five Guys which is an hour and a half away.

<Raises hand>

And mighty tasty, too!

Five guys wins out over In N Out partly because I actually have them near me and partly because they’d give me more burger and toppings options. In N Out is excellent, but if I’m stuck with one burger place for life, I want options.

Plus, peanuts are tasty.

Of course, I’d take Jack in the Box or Carl’s Jr over any listed option. JitB for their options like tacos and CJ for the Double Western Bacon Cheeseburger which remains at the pinnacle of burger achievements.

Five Guys is fine, but they absolutely REFUSE to have thousand island dressing available as a condiment. :(:mad:

Here’s In& Out info:

Cheeseburger
Nutrition Facts
with Onion
Amount Per 268 g
Calories 480
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g 41%
Saturated fat 10 g 50%
Trans fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg 20%
Sodium 1,000 mg 41%
Total Carbohydrate 39 g 13%
Dietary fiber 3 g 12%
Sugar 10 g
Protein 22 g 44%
Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 20% Iron 19%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet

So, let us say you ate 5 a day, but asked for extra lettuce and tomato (which they cheerfully do).

Too much fat, yes, but plenty of protein. Double veggies would double the fiber, I think, giving you 30g a day- which is more than a lot of Americans get. Iron, Calcium, VitA and even Vit C would all be fine.

I think youll live just fine. Sure, there might be some micronutrients you’re missing, but take a multi-vite and you’re golden.

You’re saying this like it’s a bad thing. :confused:

Until you die of a sodium overdose. :stuck_out_tongue: