I'm Engaged!

Hooray! Congrats to you!

Wait, are you engaged to NoClueBoy?

w00t and congratulations!

[Flight to Omicron Perseii 8]

‘‘Your concept of ‘‘wuv’’ enrages and infuriates us!’’

[/Flight to Omicron Perseii 8]

Um, I mean, congratulations. My wedding day was one of the best ever. My advice? Prioritize the people, not the details.

Yay Siege! I wish you both nothing but happiness.

Aw, honey, “getting married” isn’t something you have to “get through”, like surgery. Getting married means that you don’t have to say “goodnight” any more, that’s all.

All the “rice and flower girls” bells ‘n’ whistles is just window dressing, for show, to impress the neighbors. Feel free to keep it as rock-bottom simple as you want, even if it’s nothing more than just the two of you standing up at City Hall. The important thing is, after that, you’ll be together. Hold that thought.

(((( Siege ))))

I am SO happy for you. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

::glomps Siege::

Congratulations!

HEY! Not a bad idea!

No. We found separate people, different areas of the country.

CJ and I are very good friends, tho.

CJ, again, happy-lations to you and the Gentleman (whose name I won’t reveal).

Excellent news!!! Congratulations.

GT

WOOHOO Siege! Count me in as one of the [del]nosy[/del] inquiring dopers who want to know all about this two country wedding thing. I’m on pins and needles here!

So, you convertin’ him to Episcopal? :smiley:

YAYYYYY!!!

Lets, see . . . throwing rice isn’t till the wedding . . . what can I send over to wish congratulations . . .

::Readies catapult and goes looking for SDMB Great Goat of Happiness::

Congratulations, Siege! :smiley:

What do you mean bringing? I am one of the foreigners. Why do you think I checked with Eva Luna about whether I’d have to get my name changed on my naturalization certificate a while ago? Various relatives in England are planning on coming to the States for this, and I’d like to have them here.

I’ve been hoping for this for a while now, and my basic policy has been throw out the rule book, and keep the Book of Common Prayer. Only two things matter: formally getting God’s blessing, since I’m one of our resident religious fanatics and sharing our joy with our families and friends. Nothing else matters. I figure we’ll have our nieces for bridesmaids, and a good party afterwards.

Scuba Ben, I’ve been a fan of Etiquette Hell for years, and I do plan to turn to them for amusement and what not to do. By the way, I think you might have met him at a Gettysdope or two.

Thank you, all of you!
I’m not making an Anglican out of him because he’s a stubborn Armenian and he claims our services remind him of Monty Python routines. (He has a point there.) The wedding, however, will be Anglican with good music. Hmmm. I wonder if we could break into “Deus Requiem [bonk!]” during the rehearsal. :smiley: Kalhoun, religious nonsense aside, remember, I’m throwing the party. That means it will include my firmly agnostic father, and good friend who’s Wiccan, not to mention the requisite couple of fabulous gay guys, one of whom is one of my oldest friends.

Zebra, don’t give up hope yet. Remember, we’re both over 40, nerdy as all get out, and we figured we were down for winding up old and alone ourselves. Oh well, wrong again.

Sunspace, thank you for the complement. You made me blush.

AR Cane, thanks for the laugh.

Duck Duck Goose hit the nail on the head as usual. We’re over 40 and independent. We don’t have to do anything. Ultimately, though, this gentleman of mine is the person whose company I enjoy above any others, and there is no one I would rather spend time or the rest of my life with. Through some bit of wondrous grace, he happens to feel the same about me. Music, family, and laughter are nice, but ultimately less important. It is, however, nice, and reassuring that are friends and family are also happy for us. I’ll stop now before I start affecting people’s blood sugar.

Okay, now I’m totally confused. I was referring to:

I thought maybe you were doing the “two services – one here and one there” thing (or putting the Armenians up at your place).

Actually, my cousin did have her wedding in the States and a reception a year later in England. I’m keeping things more simple. Two countries will be involved in that some of my relatives will be flying in from England. His family’s Armenian by heritage, but live in Detroit. Sorry about the confusion.

Congratulations! Here’s hoping your English relatives don’t bring the weather over with them. :wink:

Best wishes, Siege! I remember you said your move from Pittsburgh was because of a relationship. Glad everything turned out as you hoped!

Congrats, Siege! May you and your Gentleman have a long, and happy life together!

Congratulations!

Nothing like a good Eucharist to bring the family together at a wedding. sniff :slight_smile:

You could get a Verger, Censer and Boatboy, y’know, and really put on a show. :wink:

Congratulations.