I'm single (long)

Thanks twickster. I do feel relieved. In fact I feel happier today than I’ve felt for a very long time. Yet another thing telling me I’ve done the right thing.

Noone Special, I thought at one point that he did have respect for my religion. Until he started ridiculing it. He certainly acted as if he had respect for my religion. Until now. I do believe that he doesn’t “get it”, and until he does, (if he does), there is no way we can get back together.

I’m positive you’ve made the right decision and I’m pleased for you that you were brave enough to make it. Here’s to the future.

Thanks Fran. I just knew that I couldn’t go through yet more anguish, and tears. When he called me on Friday night, drunk, whilst I was half alseep, which he didn’t realise, I just couldn’t cope. When I put the phone down, I cried, and the words which came to mind were “I hate you. I really really hate you. Fuck off and leave me alone”. That’s when I knew I had to end things.

I’m sure things will work out, and seeing as the future involves a DopeFest, it looks like the future is going to be good. :smiley:

{{{Angua}}}

Long distance relationships are always difficult … and break-ups suck. Here’s hoping the future holds brighter things for you. (Quasars, perhaps? I seem to remember they’re pretty bright.)

You did the right thing by the sound of it.

If your real life persona is anything like your cute, intelligent, infectious online one, some other lucky fella will be along quite soon I’m sure :slight_smile:

All the best.

His feelings about sex don’t surprise me, but his inability to put them in perspective and not gripe to you about them is what makes the boot in the ass so well-deserved.

There is a line from a really cool movie, Some Kind of Wonderful, that fits here.

“I would rather be alone for the right reasons, than with someone for the wrong ones.”

Now, go out, and have some waffles!

You done right, Angua. The fact you feel relieved about it tells you so.

I wouldn’t give the sodding dolt a shot at another chance – it sounds to me like he’s already stomped too many into the mud.

So, do as bNCB** suggests – have some waffles, heavy on the syrup, or some other high-carbo treat, then wrestle your theory to the ground, and HAVE FUN!!! You deserve it.

Since everyone else is being so supportive I feel free to ask, did you really ask him to define the universe over the phone?

I’ll cut him some slack on that one.

But not for showing up on a week-end you needed to work; his penis is obviously more important to him that you are.

And bitching about Ramadan?

Why? He brought it up. He should therefore be able to explain it.

I’ve been eating lots and lots of chocolate. Its been making me feel better, but not doing much for my waistline. :slight_smile:

Still, I do feel better than I have for a long time, so I suppose I have really done the right thing. By me at least, if not by both of us.

Well, if he brought it up, that makes a difference.

I just find equations a lot easier to understand than explanations. Things like four dimensional balloons just confuse me.

I just saw this thread. I wish I had any useful advice to offer, but it would end up being a joke about mathmos explaining things to people, or judging someone on the basis of insuffucient evidence, so I’ll just go {{{{{Angua}}}}}.

Let us know how you feel after a couple of days, glad to be free or pining.

PS. {{{Angua}}}

http://www.animelyrics.com/anime/cbebop/cbtrfb.htm

i just thought id put up a website with some related lyrics
dont just take it as me being random these are quite related to this kind of situation

{{{Angua}}}
Ah, if only you were ten years older… :slight_smile:

Thanks. :slight_smile: I’ve been steeling myself to do this since last week, so I guess I feel free again.

QUOTE]Originally posted by Sunspace *
Ah, if only you were ten years older… :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]

Then I’d be in my mid-thirties. :smiley:

Exactly. :wink:

Some people just don’t waste time do they? :wink:

I’d also probably be a workaholic astrophysicist with no life.

Hmm… actually, that’s not too far removed from the truth now.

Well, it’s a shame, but at least you know. And well done for getting out when it became necessary. Hope next time is better.

I know. I’m hoping there isn’t going to be a next time! Right now, I know that I still love him, and if he changed his attitude, we could work at it again. If he doesn’t, well then, I’ll just be this mad insane astrophysicist who flirts a lot, but never gets into a relationship.

I always say that it is better to be alone than to wish you were.

Sending warm thoughts your way Angua