I'm Up So I'll Start The MMP

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN 'Tis 64 Amurrkin out and dark (TWPTB say cloudy, but it’s dark, so what do I know) with a predicted high of 79 and rain/tstorms/apocalypse this afternoon and for the rest of the week. We shall see. Today is spiff da cave day. We shall sup upon beef and veggie soup with corn bread. The soup is some I had made and frozen, so easy-peasy sup prep tonight.

Diocesan convention cranks up on Thursday and that will take a large chunk of my time through Sattidy mornin’. Wednesday mornin’ I have a tooth doctor appointment and then go over to the church house to take care of some stuff. Looks like I will have enough stuff to do to keep me outta trouble this week.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day. Rah.

No topic for the week. It’s just I’m up and we need a MMP. Hijack Away!

Happy Moanday Y’all!

I’m guessing unless you work retail or some other business that specifically deals with all the holidays at the end of the year, you’re probably about to hit a lull. I base this guess entirely on my personal experience.

Federal employees earn leave thru the year based on their years of service. They are not permitted to carry over more than 240 hours from one year to the next, so the excess is “use or lose” - meaning if you don’t take the time off, it’s gone forever. Hence, some people will take much time off in November and December to burn these hours, and those who don’t have leave to burn can’t get much done with coworkers missing. Again, in my experience.

I’m taking 3 weeks of leave starting Nov 20 - not use or lose, but Thanksgiving and a cruise - and it’s really tough for me to care about anything else at this point. :smiley:

Am I alone in my attitude??

Happy Moanday!

First! *

• First response as we have dueling MMPs at the moment.
    My throat is screaming, not all that surprised with the hours I kept last week. :frowning:

Dammit - I thought I posted here already, yelling at Da Bear for simulposting.

Stoopit Moanday…

First here, too.

Thanksgiving is a big deal, but yeah, December is my one quiet month. May go away for a few days IF I can find out how much it would cost. Stoopit American Airlines won’t let me see a full price. I’m willing to (& absolutely will) pay for a real seat as I won’t sit in a middle seat but can’t find a way to do such before I input all of my info, & one can’t even get main cabin on Expedia. :mad:

Lying here reading the news; that HUUUGE BOOM we heard last night was a house exploding!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

The article (& photo) calls the place “kindling” now. :eek:

Hmmm
should I go this -> way or <- that way?

Swampy or FCM?

I’d flip a coin if I had one to flip.

Happy Moonday!

It’s raining.
Hard.

I’m awake, but not by choice.

Many years ago I worked for a company that did not allow time off in the month of December. We got Christmas Day off, period. There was year end stuff that had to be done. However, I worked as a programmer and we had to have everything done by November 30, so all the changes, fixes, and updates were done in time for the people who needed it.
We literally sat for an entire month doing nothing. I remember doing one small job that took less than a day.

When I worked for the state we were not allowed to take off during tag rush, even though we were not that busy during that time. We were busy before tag rush bursting the 6.5 million tag apps, and we were busy after tag rush, sorting 6.5 million tag apps. We could take off time then.

I learned a young age that TPTB are, in general, lacking in common sense.

Hmm. Time stamp says this was submitted at 0335 (in my time zone).

Simulpost! :smiley:

So, what’s the protocol here?

Protocol is that I always take priority over swampy! But we’ll just ask a mod to merge and we’ll see whose dominates.

Also, I count as a federal employee (USPS), and I’m permitted to carry over 440 hours from CY to CY. Under certain circumstances I’m also permitted to sell up to 40 hours back each year in order to avoid going over.

I tend to agree, primarily because FCM also stands for First Class Mail.

And now **Dad **is my new favorite!!! :smiley:

One thousand quatloos on Mom!

You’re dominating swampy now? I didn’t think it was that kind of MMP!
"sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me"
:eek:;):p:confused::smiley:

Morning all. Feel like a Norse God after the weekend (Thor all over). Need to do some organization and sorting and a couple loads of laundry. Only appointment on my weekly schedule is to see my Edward Jones agent on a couple minor things, should take about 10 minutes.

Spidey, so, a house blew up–BTW, has ruble been seen in your neighborhood?

Up, caffeinated and sheveled. Closing shift tonight. I usually wake up at first light, which meant I woke up at 0800 today.:dubious: Staying up late 3 nights in a row to watch my sports teams lose didn’t help either.:smack:

Howdy, I am a federal employee and just started to receive 8 hours each pay period. I have use or lose. I figure about 2 weeks worth. I did not earn it to lose it so I shall use it even if in a day here and day there.

Happy New Week.

They get merged. Two MMPs started but only one leaves the merge, kinda like Mad Max Thunderdome. :cool:

I’ll take that bet! :cool: (because a certain Suvern “gentleman” {:rolleyes:} was lower on the page, which means he was first, by seconds).

Moderator Note

Two MMP threads merged (I like the Thunderdome reference).

Both threads were started at 6:35 AM, but swampbear’s thread had the lower ID number, indicating it was first. Therefore, swampbear’s thread title wins.

“next time I’ll load the 3 pounder with grapeshot, instead of HE.”:smiley: