Interesting masturbation discovery (TMI? It's not that graphic or anything)

I’m a 30 year old male who began masturbating in my early teens (13? 14? I can’t remember). I’ve been pretty diligent about my masturbating for most of that time. The exact frequency has varied, but almost always at least weekly, and often daily. My technique has stayed relatively the same, I think (although it’s definitely expanded and evolved a bit).

It was only in the last week or so that I made rather startling (to me anyway) discovery. Recently I have been doing it quite a bit (stress and nobody in my life to help relieve it, I guess) and like usual I tend to take things slowly. These things combined resulted in me occasionally losing my erection. Normally that’s pretty much it, I try to coax it back by mental and physical stimulation, and if I succeed I continue on until I’m done. I tend to use one hand and mostly concentrate on the end rather than the base. This time, however, I used my other hand to touch the base–not even the penis but the pubic mound–and discovered that my erection returned much more quickly and everything was much more sensitive than usual (at least than after I lose an erection). It was fascinating, the sensation was still mostly in the head but it was clearly tied to the hand on my pubis. I also found that if I relaxed while doing this I would tend to have involuntary but pleasant bodily twitches–something I normally don’t experience until orgasm.

This was a pretty cool discovery for me. With a bit of experimentation I found that it can be nice to just place the index and middle fingers of one hand on either side of the base of the shaft with the palm resting on my pubis and proceed as normal with the other hand, maybe very lightly rubbing rubbing with the first hand, but not necessarily.

So anyway, I’m throwing that out there as a surprising discovery that I made after over 15 years of practice. How many of you have had similar experiences? Either discovering this trick or some other trick in sexual response. I’m kind of interested in what you all have figured out. Men and women.

Incidentally, I imagine this is a good idea when performing oral sex on a man (not something I really plan on doing, but I might include it as a pointer to a partner if she was performing it on me), use a hand on the base of the shaft. Come to think of it, I think I’ve come across that advice, although I didn’t realize the reason before.

Practice makes perfect? :slight_smile:

Diligent?

–adjective 1. constant in effort to accomplish something; attentive and persistent in doing anything:
<shrug> Works for me.

Yeah, I’m not really sure why the word choice would raise an eyebrow. Maybe it’s not the first word people think of when talking about this subject, but I thought it was appropriate.

“Diligent” just smacks for doing a task consistently whether you enjoy it or not…sort of like an exercise routine that you do daily whether you feel like it or not…or like taking out the garbage or emptying the litter box. Makes it sound like a chore!

People really will share absolutely anything on the internet, eh?

Welcome to the [del]internet[/del] Dope :stuck_out_tongue:

I wish I had known you when I was younger. I used to put my left toe in my right ear, and put my right toe on the rotating blades of a circular fan (turning counterclock, of course.) I needed my “free” hand for balance since I was curled up like a pretzel. Your way seems more efficacious.

I wish the Internet had been available when I was a kid. I’ve missed out on so much in life.

I’ve masturbated when I didn’t feel like it before. Stuff gets sore if I go too long.

You have to make sure it’s working! Just like an engine, if you don’t “run” it for long periods of time, it’ll go bad.

Makes me glad I’m a girl!

Just wanted to chime and say I made almost the same discovery a few years ago. Except I’m a girl, so instead of the base of the penis, I put my index and middle fingers of the hand I’m not using on either side of my inner labia. So I have a finger between the inner and outer labia on each side, and the hand is resting on my pubic mound while my other hand does its thing. The sensation is very similar to what you describe.

I actually never thought about trying a similar hand placement on my husband when going down on him. I’ll have to try that tonight and see how he reacts. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing, sjc. Will try that.

Why?

I’m not entirely sure I’m picturing it properly, but if I am, then this works quite well for someone giving both men and women head and handjobs. Some women get aroused by pressure from your hand (or genitals, via dry humping) just above their pubic mound… unless they think you’re aiming for their vagina and just hopelessly lost.

To answer the OP’s question: as a girl who masturbates fairly frequently, I too have found that certain actions stimulate me differently now than say 15 years ago. For example, I have used the same type of vibrator for probably 6 years now (not THE same one - they do wear out and all that) but I recently began using it differently and have been having great results.

Of course, my tastes over the years have changed as well, so that could have something to do with it too.

When I’m masturbating and lose the erection, I usually just fake an orgasm. I don’t think I’ve noticed. I haven’t said anything or acted differently.

That’s good to know. I kind of suspected that there was female analog. It felt pretty much like an involuntary physiological reaction and I was mostly touching things that are common to men and women (although as I understand it all the bits of the male and genitalia correspond to other bits in the female and vice versa).

melodyharmonius it didn’t occur to me that this might be a change that comes with age.