Introducing myself.

Nope, no doting on me about watching myself. She knew it wouldn’t do any good, since I’m quite stubborn about what I’m going to do, regardless of what doctors say. I worked 6 months after they started, and would still be doing so if I hadn’t fell off a ladder onto concrete while having one. Hence my employer getting involved.

They started in 2001, and I was on a mixture of meds until 2004. After that my doctor and I decided to start cutting them down until I was on half doses of clonazepam, and meditation. The clonazepam seemed to be the one that had any effect at all, going from 4 a week to 1 a month. Since I started meditating on a regular basis, they’ve stopped altogether. Not that I’m going to cut either the meds or meditation out to see which did it.

Yes, being the black sheep of black sheeps makes me the responsible one. While my aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents were thieves, drunks, con artits, arsonists, and druggies, I’ve been on the straight and narrow. Which has led to those people not wanting to have anything to do with me. Which I don’t much mind.

Sunspace, I’ve now got tears running down my face from laughing so hard.

Well, yes, but you seemed in a hurry to get the goat. I’m looking out for the newbie, after all. If he doesn’t get properly initiated, he…he…why, he could get…unruly!

We need to get Team of Scientists working on the goat/squid hybrid. We wouldn’t be having these kinds of problems.

Is the salt water tank ready for your end of the deal, then?

C’ptn Obvious - welcome! Before you step over to the seafood buffet, would you care for a margarita? I really, really recommend a margarita before the buffet.

What part of rural Georgia? In other words, do I need to avoid you?

You promised you wouldn’t tell!

And my usual warning; try not to step on the cats.

Welcome, Cap’n Obvious. I saw one of your posts earlier today and thought, “What a great username!”

Strap on your rapier wit and stinging sarcasm and enjoy the ride we call “The Dope”.

Oh, and pay no attention to that man behind the curtain in room 207.

Without buffets, a lot of people would perish

Yes, it’s ready. We’ve had to be a bit more careful ever since we got the walls patched up after that “Death Ray” incident a couple of years ago, but things are running fine now.

Wasn’t Hal Briston working on the hybrids? He’s had some notable successes befo–What? Oh, nothing. Just chit chat and pleasantries, nothing important.

Hal? Notable successes? I think he got the lipstick-smeared sheep, but he retained it for “personal uses”. I told you we should have used a 1990’s Death Ray! They’re much more reliable! Maybe we should find a way to combine two squids and make a supersquid…that way, we can get 16 total tentacles, and a lot more suction. Can you imagine the squealing that newbies…um. Carry along. To room 200 with you!

I sympathize- I’m a night owl whose typical working hours are 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Are you sure that happened? I’m pretty sure it was always on Fox.

Anyway, welcome to the board, Cap’n Obvious! There was a time, way back when, that I thought I’d coined the phrase “Captain Obvious.” Then everybody started using it and not crediting me, so…

maybe it was a little before you joined, then. He’d created a hybrid squid/duck called a squck. That was in the old part of the initiation complex, the part that we walled up in late '05.

Anime? Which anime? Good ones?

Inquiring minds wish to know. Or mind, at least.

And I’m right there with you on the good at trivia and bad at remembering stuff. I know the capital of Burkina Faso but I’ve forgotten to go shopping for three days in a row.

Ouagadougou. How fun is that to say? Oagadougou, Ouagadougou, Ouagadougou. What?

Welcome, Cap’n Obvious! Enjoy the seafood. Her name is Mariah. ::snerk::

What?

Say, he’s not allergic to rubber, is he?

Welcome aboard Cap’n.

Lol, you folks are a hoot!

Where to begin this morning.

I grew up in the Winder/Auburn area of Ga, and moved to Commerce about 11 years ago.

I don’t know about rapier wit, but I do have a honed since of sarcasm.

I’m pretty sure Simpsons started on the WB. I distinctly remember it going from 36 to 5, when it switched from Thursday to Sunday, which would’ve been WB and Fox for me. Of course I can’t find anything to back me up, so it may indeed have started on Fox.

As for which anime I like, all kinds. Naruto, One Piece, Cardcaptor Sakura, Elfen Lied, Angel Links, Skull Man, Himwari, Saint Beast, Star Ocean Ex, Kenshin, and Inuyasha to name a few. (I prefer them in original Japanese with English subs, but I’ll watch the butcher job some of the American stations do.)

Oh, and don’t worry about me stepping on the cats. There’s several running around inside and out here, so I’m used to them.

Hate to rain on your trivia parade, but The Simpsons has always been on FOX - they were an offshoot of one of FOX’s start up programs, The Tracey Ullman Show. Is it possible that 36 started out as a FOX affiliate then switched to WB when that network launched, and 5 stepped in to pick up the slack?

Yea, that’s what it looks like happened.

Ah well, live and learn.

You mean that’s why I get echoing (yes, echoing), plaintive quacks in my worst of nightmares?!?!

What? Heresy, I tell ya. Damn kids get offa my lawn. Ep. 1-3 better than…

Ohhhhhhhhhh. I understand now.

Welcome, Cap’n Obvious. Enjoy your stay. Watch out for the dual-purpose goat. It gives milk AND cookies…but I don’t recommend the cookies.

Thank you Paul Lynde for that great line.

Dear Og. It’s worse than I thought. It’s posttraquackic stress disorder. You’ll need primal quack therapy and lots of support. There are–
So, Cap’n Obvious, how about that summer weather, eh? It’s been absolutely perfect here in Toronto. We just saw some friends off to New Zealand this aft, and, sadly, they’re going back to winter.

Buh. Is that why we’ve got the north wing walled off? I think this giant mutant duckasquidthing is trying…trying to communicate…