Iron Chef comes to SDMB (cooks come!)

zenster if you use my chow fun recipe I will pull out the mamasitas!

Scylla-san? Or maybe Otah-SNenc would know, since he knows every ingredient, even before it is used…

Is Kitchen Stadium equipped with sake and Sapporo? This panelist gig can leave one quite parched, yes?

::bows::

Oh! Can I please be the bitchy old fortune teller? Please?

Rose

Sure, we can have 5 panelists. Wicked Blue is #5. We can also have tons of sous chefs providing ideas recipes and speculation. If the Iron Chef and Challenger care to share their thoughts during the process we can also have inane commentary!

I of course have spared no expense here at Kitchen Stadium, and Sake and Sapporo all around!

We can make do with two Iron Chefs. In a pinch I could even be Iron Chef Cajun (I guess I’d be the inferior Iron Chef only used against 2nd rate or limited challengers the way Iron Chef Italian is used.)

We really do need a challenger though.

Come forth and choose an Iron Chef, and I will name the ingredient (I have 3 good ones picked out and will choose between them to try and create a good contest based on the contestants. In the interests of fairness, we will even allow 3 days for final meal recipe declarations.

Take it, Otah!

Not only is SDMB Kitchen Stadium equipped with plenty of sake and Sapporo it also has foie gras, fat netting, abaloney, rice, pea pods, Beluga caviar, an ice cream machine, a rice cooker, $6,000 in French chocolate, sea salt harvested under a full moon, yellow bell peppers for Chairman Scylla ONLY, bamboo shoots, raw meats of all sorts, all the mundane fruits, vegetables and cheeses, black and white truffles, champagne, yogurt, a pasta maker and 60 year old Balsamic vinegar.

The chairman has promised an ingredient that will challenge every chef’s style, but when I talked to the Iron Chefs they both said they’re confident and going to take this one!

otah: “how do you feel about todays battle?”
IC MikeGKinichiwa!!!
::Ominous Gong:: : “I’m confident and used to dealing with surprises. the challenger is a respected chef but I’ll let the judges make their own decision”

<pouf of smoke>
Toad-in-the-hole
<Trumpets and cymbals peal>

Which Chef will most masterfully represent this exquisite ingredient, brought here from the Xian region of Fargo, North Dakota? THE HEAT WILL BE ON!

Promises, promises big boy!

Since Zen’s taken Iron Chef American, I’ll choose Iron Chef Italian. Like Kobe, I can be bold and traditional! Like Morimoto, I can be innovative and daring! And I promise, if selected as an Iron Chef, I will NEVER make fish-sperm ice-cream. :smiley:

So all we need is one more IC and a challenger. Who will it be? Who will reign supreme?

Fenris

OH! OH! SCYLLA!!!

I AM Iron Chef - Barbecue!

Self proclaimed here… http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=31762
PLEEEAAAAASEEEE!!!?!?!?

With apologies to Sakai-san, if you’re still in need of sacrifical lam… er… contestants, I’ll take Iron Chef French.

… and volunteer to be Iron Chef Cajun/Creole! My skills are unquestioned and my creativity is the stuff of legend. I am an Iron Chef whether you select me or not.

Bah!

You pretenders to the throne will bow down before me after I, the bachelor Iron Chef amaze you with my masterful ability to cook anything seasoned only with leftover soy sauce and spicy mustard packets from chinese takeout!

Otah!

In talking to the Iron Chefs it seems like the egos are flying faster than the entrails at Kitchen Stadium! With so many confident chefs, I think this battle’s going to be one for the ages!

MikeG Kinichiwa!!!
:: Ominous Gong::
does not recognize this “sniglet”
He will wait for the mighty Scylla, before unleashing his Tsunami of Culinary Wind Of Triumph which smashes all foes aside like Matchsticks in a Hurricane!!!

He will also keep talking like MojoJojo from The PPGirls till the Battle is won! Which it shall be! Because he knows all the yummy ingredients! And will combine them in the pan! Stirring and Shaking until the Masterpieces Arrive! Hot on the plate they will tantalize you! because they will be good and tasty and delicious and :gasp: beautiful!!!

Please, I beg you, when you unveil the ingredient, just make sure it’s not squirming out of the dish! No dumping living things in batter…I don’t think my delicate sensibilities could take any more of * that *. (Although it was pretty funny watching Sakai squirm at having to kill the squids…)

Hi -

I’m relatively new, but I would like to be Iron Chef American-Italian, if there’s room!

Pal

I’ve got a pair of white rubber boots and a handful of 8 penny spikes to nail eel heads to cutting boards.

Shiva, the Iron Line Cook Wannabe.

MikeG Kinichiwa!!!
:: Ominous Gong::
gladly accepts your application as a member of his SousChefArmy.
But first, a few questions:
Can you peel live squid quickly enough fo me to drop them into the batter still wriggling, yet now skinless and gutted so as to completely destroy Stoidela’s sanity?

Can you milk the eggs from a rare and poisonous fish while keeping it from killing you so I can use said eggs as an unecessary and frivolus garnish on top of yet another garnish?

Can you provide examples of how you would sabotage my competitor…erm, I mean taunt him so he loses his concentration? I would suggest asking him to name which judge each of his dishes should be named after.:wink:

Hmmm. If my memory serves, nothing like this has ever occured in Kitchen Stadium before. We have lots of Iron Chefs, but few contestants.

Therefore, I propose the following:

Though unseen in the U.S., there have been battles between the Iron Chefs themselves. The results of such Titans clashing has never failed to change the very direction, nay nature of culinary trends worldwide.

Therefore, I have sent my minions forth with unlimited budget seeking the very best in Secret ingredients.

Tonight, around 9:00 P.M. E.S.T I will seek to match up the declared Iron Chefs against each other in culinary battle. They will have the 3 days to post their final recipes (hints and suggestions about what they are doing along the way will be appreciated.)

Then, if all goes well, the panelists wil;l sample the sumptuous feast and winners will be declared. Perhaps a second round will occur, so we can determine who will be Iron Chef Supreme!!

I must now retire to my study to prepare. Hopefully my Liberace suit will return from the dry cleaners in time.