It's A Shiny New MMP!

Evening all. Not much accomplished today outside of stopping my newspaper for a week and having to go by the Post Office to stop mail. Tried to do both on-line, but the USPS won’t trust me until they send a code to my cell phone–which is a problem since I don’t have a cell phone, and the newspaper site won’t let me log in (did it with a call-in, no problem).

Nettie, got a Brother printer that works just fine, but agree that HP is…less than reliable.

Cookie, don’t think I’ve ever had UPS deliver that late. Postal deliveries have been as late as 6pm on a couple of occasions. Glad you and packages are fine.

nellie, a letter never hurts, and in this day and age it means more, IMHO. And yes, some things need to be said.

BBBoo, hope young-son is hanging in there…I suspect he’s got the toughest job of all, supporting all the other folks.

Ok, back to readin’ and internettin’ and maybe a little tackleball watching.

All y’all have a good evening and I’ll catch you on the next MMP.

I’m good. :slight_smile: The Titans beat the Ravens in OT.

nettie, I had a low end Brother a few years back and it was adequate for most things, but lacked some definition for printing pictures. It’s been a few years since I’ve had an HP, but the last one left me unimpressed. The fancy-schmancy Epson that I bought to replace the low end Canon that I’m currently using was a nightmare, both with software and hardware. For my money, Canon makes a decent entry level printer that actually does photos well.

Our choices on what was in stock at the Costco we visited (after deciding that Office Depot is useless when it comes to defective merchandise) were HP, which DH flatly vetoed, or the Epson we settled on. We’ve historically had good luck with Epson.

Actually this one is better than most of the other ones we’ve found around the house, but fish aren’t that smart, so they’re prolly good enough. :smiley:

Um, actually I don’t have the recipe I usually use over here with me at the moment.
This recipe is pretty close, except that we never use cinnamon and we put the coconut in the blender for a few seconds at the end to chop it up a little bit… Also we will be using almond milk &/or mocha mix instead of milk 'cause of my allergy. It really is good though, and we get asked to bring it to all family get togethers that involve dinner.

Nettie, we have an Epson workforce 2540 as a network printer at the big house and it works fine, after I reinstalled it a few times. Instructions were less than optimal.

At the little house we bought a cheap Canon TR4500 and it’s okay but you have to remember to turn it on and it turns itself off if you don’t use it for a while, and every so often Windows will forget that it exists and I end up having to download it’s driver(s) to get the computer to recognize it again. That may be a Win 10 problem though.
Wifey bought a fancy HP all-in-one printer for her desk at the real estate office which she liked when she first got it, but now, not so much.
Of the three, I would go with Epson. I’ve never owned a Brother.

Which game? My Chiefs are behind at the half but only :scream_cat::scream_cat::scream_cat: worth

Packers. My Kingdom for a run defense.

Actually, it is :blue_heart::purple_heart:. I admire monogamy. I may seem cranky and crusty but I’m really a hopeless romantic.

I hear you. The team of my heart is the Nebraska Cornhuskers. Not pretty. My kingdom for an offense, a defense or special teams.

Mrs. L.A. has had All Hitler, All The Time on National Geographic all day. Now they’re showing a documentary on submarines in WWII. They’re talking about USS Parche.

When I was in the Sea Cadets, I was in the Parche Division.

Talked to both chilluns. They crack me up and are so appreciative. I’m lucky, lucky, lucky.

Nettie, post-marriage, I had a Kodak. It arrived without a USB cable, and when I called, the overseas CS rep sent me a new printhead, which I didn’t need. I gave up a year later and got an HP all-in-one. It developed issues, so I have an Epson I’m very happy with. Sometimes I think we’d all be better off with a quill and papyrus.

swampy, “Some Enchanted Evening” is now going through my head: “You will meet a stranger. You will meet a stranger across a crowded room. And somehow you’ll know, you’ll know even then…” Which one of you looks more like Enzio Ponza? As a kid, I thought that was the funniest name ever because “panza” means “stomach” in Italian, and I didn’t know the difference in spelling. It was kind of like his name was “Enzio Tummy.”

shoe, feel free to use the MMP as a procrastination device. I do it all the time. Never did get out for a walk today. I’ll be walking [Does math.] almost 9 miles tomorrow. Better to rest up.

Looking forward to see what the new MMP is called and who’ll start it. :slight_smile:

Seems like a dangerous thing for them to do. Messing with someone’s locked door in the dark can get you shot.