It's F R I D A Y!

I know! I finally can’t see any snow anymore, even in areas where the plows had piled up big drifts. The high tomorrow is supposed to be 68! Pause while I do the happy dance of spring!

I’m getting my hair cut tomorrow. I really wish I was in Madison now–if I was, I’d be heading to the Union Terrace tomorrow!

Mmmmmm… Grilling… My pseudo-kid and I promised each other that the first day it hit 70 degrees, we’d whip out the grill. That happened 2 days ago, but I’m broke until Monday, so there will be no salmon on the barbie this weekend!

Instead, the big news is that my mom and I are going to…

…ready for this?

…try out the new P’Zone from Pizza Hut!

It was her idea; I think the thing looks kinda unappetizing, myself, but she’s very excited to try it, and my Springtime Glee makes me a happy guinea pig. :smiley:

I have to tell ya, though, that Friday afternoons are always gleeful for me. As soon as I’m home safe, have cuddled up with the dogs, and have “Hart to Hart” going on the Hallmark Channel (shut up, you know it’s a damn good show), I become one big oozing ball of Yum. :smiley:

No plans for the weekend…and that’s just the way I like it!

Love ya, babe! Mwah!

I’ve worked every day this week, mostly 12-hr days, and may have to work another tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll only have to work a half-day.

I’m supposed to be in at six tomorrow morning, but I’ll probably catch up on some sleep and go in at eight. Hopefully Sunday will definitely be a half-day. Seems like everyone but me has a life! :frowning:

The families of my kid’s Destination Imagination team had a huge garage sale today and we’ll be finishing it up tomorrow. We made over a thousand bucks today, so I’m pretty happy - only about $7,000 to go and we’re done fundraising! I’m not going to think about how far we still have to go right now, though. I’m just going to focus on how much we made by dragging our junk out into someone’s driveway and then sitting in the sun all morning.

And, yes, I love you, Canthearya. Because I know you only through posts on this board, it’s necessarily a “love of mankind, especially those who post thoughtful and/or cheerful and/or funny things” kind of love, but there it is.

Let’s see,
Friday, check
Beer, Check
smokes, check
roomates gone, check
internet, check
remote control and 5 baseball games on, check(hehe i love my dish)
first big party of summer in a couple hours, check
life is good, check :slight_smile:

I wrote a final today. I have another tomorrow (yes, on a Saturday). I then have 3 exams next week, on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. So NEXT friday, I’ll be happy. Until then, I plan to live at the library :slight_smile:

Have a good weekend, everybody!

I’m going to my Aunt Gloria’s tomorrow night for dinner with my parents and some assorted other old people. I love my Aunt Gloria; she’s like Martha Stewart on speed. We all sit around the den and slowly get drunk, sort of because that’s the only way to tolerate Aunt Gloria, because she’s way hyper. Then we eat some kind of scary-ass casserole and pray for dessert to come soon. Going to her house is like hanging out in the seventeenth century except there’s indoor toilets. But she and my Uncle Paul are really funny. Uncle Paul is the best, actually. He’s from Boston and his accent cracks us up.

After that I’m going up to my parents’ place for Sunday and Monday to help with the spring yard work, which I actually like, because after I’m all done, my dad and I have some beers and talk about World War II.

Of course. Yours is one of those usernames that gives me that warm, fuzzy, “I am home” feeling on the boards. Speaking of which, holy shit, it’s Flypsyde. 'Sup, Uke.

Tonight (Friday), I went with my, um, well, if I were British I’d call 'em “flatmates,” to Doyle’s, where we drank beer and ate bar food. Which is about as good as it gets, in my personal hierarchy of Things What Please Me. I’m now sipping Fine Bourbon rather than Fine Scotch because of a thread from these very boards about bourbon. The lads from the neighborhood are circling the block, booming some sort of dancehall beats or whatever. Local color, I think they call it.

Tomorrow, I will go over to my friends’ apartment and watch the Yankees/Red Sox game for a bit (go Yanks!). Another friend of mine is in town (she’s recently back from the Peace Corps), and I hear that the plan is to go dancing that evening. I have zero funk in my trunk, and this is a new city, so I’m a little anxious about that.

Sunday, more Yanks/Sox action, and a new episode of Alias. Woo!