It's Monday Somewhere: a very early MMP

Only because every time I volunteer to start one, I get ninja’d by someone who’s too impatient to wait until I’ve fed the cat and made coffee.

Have you ever had a dream that you so desperately wanted to hang onto and the more you try, the more convoluted the plot of the dream gets?

No, neither have I. I was just filling space with my typing. Carry on.

first, LOL…Now to bed

It’s Monday here, and has been Monday for one hour longer in Israel. Spain cheats, though: geographically there should be a 2h difference, but it’s simply a lot more convenient for us to be on CET.

The swiftkey in my tablet has gotten the flu or something, instead of “backspace” it understands random letters :dubious:. And I’ll have to google how the bloody fuck to take the “helpful suggestions” off both Swiftkey and the standard keyboard. They tend to do weird things when I’m writing something monolingual, but a lot of my documents are bilingual: that throws them out for a loop, which was to be expected but still means a damn lot of backspacing when I’d actually typed correctly.

Blurf.

You were filling space, but I had a dream that fits the bill last night. It will have to wait until later, though, for I must get into the shower and scrap off a few layers.

Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

“Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?”
Up, caffeinated, off to work. Hockey tonight.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffienatin’. YAWN 'Tis 50 Amurrkin out with a predicted high of 68 for the day. However, that ain’t the big weather news.

We have a FRENCH TOAST advisory out for Tuesday evenin’ into Wednesday! :eek:

Apparently I need to go slap my “No Snow” signs around to get 'em back to work. :smiley:

Rosie thanks for startin’ us off. Hey if it’s after midnight where you are it’s officially Moanday. As to dreams, I sometimes have this strange dream about the fact t hat I’m goin’ to outer space in a couple of days. In the dream people ask me if I am excited about goin’ and tell me they’ll be there to watch me take off. Also, I will launch from a pee-kahn orchard located about a mile and a half from da cave. :dubious: Very. Strange. Dream.

Ok, now I need more caffiene and rumbly tummy wants to be fed. Then, alas and alack, irk purtification must commence. I am goin’ to the orifice this mornin’ as I feel much better.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Were they cheering:

He’s the Sun God!
He’s the Fun God!
Ra! Ra! Ra!

?

And they chanted it till they were Horus.:smiley:

Definitely Monday. Still recovering from the weird weekend. Niece was stranded here yesterday, so we had the pleasure of her sleepy company last night. Nephew’s new mattress arrived around 9 last night (who knew there was such a thing as Sunday night delivery?)

Off to the salt mines.

Hugs all.

GT

Moaning,

Snowpocalypse part duex is set to arrive at somepoint and snow or rain some amount for sometime. So sayth the weather dude.

I need a nap.

Ouch! Bad puns in the morning. You are a fiend, Dogbutler.

Not exactly. There was a time in my life, though, when I hadn’t been getting enough sleep for a good while. One Saturday, while I was trying to catch up by staying in bed until mid-morning, the kids came in to wake me up so that I could adjudicate a dispute. It may have been over who got to decide which TV show to watch and he got to pick the last two it’s just not fair.

Maybe. I was very sleepy. I woke up, but not quite all the way. I could see my bedroom and my children in it. And I could hear their words. But I had been dreaming. And behind them, like a head’s up display on a windshield, I could also see the dream, with me in it, continuing on dispite the interruption.

I don’t remember what I told them, but I shooed them back into the front room. I remember they all seemed satisfied, so maybe the whole point of the argument was to have an excuse to talk to mom. As they left the room, I looked up at the dream, laid back down, closed my eyes, and just slipped back into it.

Restful, that was.

“Oh well, we saw it in the hollyhocks, a’firin’ up the engines.
Sure left the garden in a mess.”*

Have you ever read “What the EPA Don’t Know Won’t Hurt Them,”
a short story by Suzette Haden Elgin? After that, I would not be surprised about a pee-kahn orchard.

Up early. In early. Hope to be less behind when other folks come in.

We may be coming out of winter, here. The dog is shedding and the daffodils are up. Or narcissus or whatever you call the ones that aren’t yellow and trumpety. Not even a little frost on the windshield, and that before the sun is out.

*Lyrics from “The Good Ship Bodacious,” also by SHE.

Why am I the only person who has that dream?

(Wanted to make sure you knew that somebody actually got the joke. :p)

Had a very lazy weekend, although there was shopping and crafting and two dinners out. There was also about seven hours of napping, so I win.

All of the electricity along the kitchen wall has gone out–the fridge still works, and the gas stove will still light if we introduce a spark, but I’m still annoyed by it. However, I’m very glad we noticed only half an hour after Roomie plugged in the crock pot for Saturday night’s dinner. :slight_smile:

Also, blurf. I’m not certain anything I said up there makes sense, and I don’t really care yet, anyway.

In the dream to which I referred, I was writing a new song with a club/dance beat, and it was a guaranteed hit. It had actually lyrics and a real melody, along with a killer beat. I even choreographed it. I knew I was dreaming, so I kept repeating the song over and over while singing contracts and watching Shakira star in the video. When I woke up, I could only recall part of the verse and part of the chorus. Now I can barely recall the lyrics other than “you are not my cross to bear” or possibly “I am not your cross to bear”. I could have made millions if only I could have recalled the whole thing.

Just the other night I had a very slow to develop dream involving a really good female friend of mine. She’s one of my best friends, very attractive, smart, funny…most everything most men (including myself, can’t lie) would find lustable. Yet, we’ve never even hinted at going there in almost ten years.’

Until the other night in this dream which went all the way from sitting next to each other looking at a magazine and laughing to full on naked nastiness. Then, as most good dreams end, Cuervo woke up and decided it was play time, ending the dream.

I’m ready to go back any minute now…

We got no school again today, it’s too cold for the [del]brats[/del] kiddies to go. But we 12-month employees either come to work or burn a vacation day. So me and the secretary are doing a half day, then calling it a day.

The previously hinted at dream involved me moving in to a dorm room at a university to finish my last term for a degree. Roomie and I decided to go to the cafeteria to eat, which was a very long walk down a hallway that was full of pipes and equipment. We finally got to the cafeteria, got in line, and discovered the trays were dirty and smeared with grape jelly. The final twist was Kinky Friedman and The Texas Jewboys started giving a live concert to the diners, opening with They Ain’t Making Jews Like Jesus Anymore.

That’s the executive summary, glossing over 80% of the weirdness. And I swear no drugs were involved. For full disclosure, that particular Kinky Friedman tune is in the rotation for my MP3 playlist, and I’m sure it was playing when I had the dream.

No, it was more like:

Here comes the sun
Here comes the sun
and I say, it’s all right…

Then there was something about being in a boat, and a girl with unusual eyes…

Happy Moonday!

although not so happy

I shouldn’t say anything but it has me shaken, last night my friends son-in-law tried to kill her daughter. She is a wreck, I didn’t understand half of what she was saying. Her daughter will be okay, the piece of shit is sitting in jail.

So it’s a bright sunny 44 degrees, but this is as good as it gets. The temp will drop to 12 degrees by tonight.

So I don’t know what is up for the day.

[quote=“Draelin, post:12, topic:679825”]

Why am I the only person who has that dream?

(Wanted to make sure you knew that somebody actually got the joke. :p)

You know, um, something strange happened to me this morning.

Two can play at this game.
Good morning, all. Nice today, still dealing with the aftermath of the last round of lay-offs from last week. Seems that one of the people let go kinda didn’t give a turnover of his projects, and this is starting to trickle down on our heads. But I thought that might happen (didn’t know any specifics, of course, but I knew it would happen), so I brought an umbrella to work this morning.

The other night I had a dream that the Sam Roberts Band was giving me my own personal concert as I was lying on a couch at my grandparents’ old house. Too bad it wasn’t real.

I’m in class now and nobody else is around, so I sneaked onto the SDMB.

Having no class, I just boldly sign in from irk. :smack: