It's Monday Somewhere: a very early MMP

Blurf. Been a busy day here, all I seem to have done is rearrange lectures and seminar groups for people. I have timetables going round in my head again…

Tomorrow I have the delights of a training session on some package that helps us track folks who are visiting by invitation to some of our special applicant days, then I have to start working on putting together packs for the ones who are coming in February. I’m also out of the office all afternoon for something else so it will be a lot of time not being at my desk. I wonder if anyone will miss me?

Nava, thatnks for the correction in the last MMP, I’ll try to remember that one!

BooFae - you’ve been to Vegas before, right?

Twenty points higher than me, thinks a big guy like that can wear his clothes?

ugh

I just saw the date and remembered I have to have a blood test before the end of the month. So that leaves one day this week.
Won’t be today.

Afternoon all!

Soggy, lazy day here. Overslept yet again- I’m still having an eczema causing reaction to something, and I can’t figure out what, and the abominable itch is really messing up my sleep patterns.

Plan for today was going to the bank, but it was horrid 'n wet, so I kept finding distractions, and now it’s shut. Oops. I don’t think I’ll have time tomorrow, and I need to go before the end of the week to make sure the rent’s in there in time… Don’t let me forget!

It’s ‘juggling club’ tonight- we’re normally pretty slack about it, in the main, but today we’re not even pretending to try. The hall is booked for a pantomime dress rehersal, so ‘juggling’ will take place entirely in the pub, in the presence of a lot of games and pizza. It should be fun :slight_smile:

I think I have officially decided to quit my job sometime around April. We still don’t know when we’re actually moving, but I think everybody involved would rather I have whatever work-at-home job I end up getting before we actually migrate north. Most especially my parents, who I know are worried. And I think if there’s going to be a transition period, I’d rather be unemployed in New Jersey than in Maine.

The good news? I’ve got like ten vacation days to take between now and then. :stuck_out_tongue:

:sigh:

It’s Moanday

so I call western union today to ask them why are they sending me a text wanting to take money out of my account and they tell me they just do what they are requested to do
and the sob lied to me and said they are open on Sunday, well maybe you can transfer money on Sunday but the customer service number in the text said they were closed on Sunday
I found out the WU in the text stands for western union

so I call the finance company and they have no idea why wu is trying to collect a payment because the truck is paid off and it I got some kind of notice from wu it must have happened before the payoff date of 01/18. When I ask why would I get a payment request on the 18th when even if I did owe a payment it wasn’t due until the 31st anyway they have no answer for me

incompetents
if you look the up online they have thousands of complaints against them for adding late charges and service fees to the payoff amounts, and illegal collection practices, and for repossessing vehicles of active service men.
Their excuse for all this, they are a bank from Spain and aren’t familiar with American law.

Whatever.
Isn’t that what lawyers familiar with international law are for?

I’m glad I am done with them.

Then I made a payment on one of my doctor bills and I notice they are not deducting my payments from the total amount. I have receipts for the payments but I’m not going to deal with this today.

I scheduled my blood test for Friday. At least I could do all that online and not have to talk to a human.

I took myself out to Waffle House this morning. One of the waitresses has the same name as me so we exchanged a fistbump. Then I kept getting distracted because everyone kept calling her and I kept almost answering. :smack:

Got Polly Subaru inspected and she passed the first time! Amazing what replacing a faulty O2 sensor does. Then I tried to pay my vehicular taxes mit registration and I couldn’t do it because my inspection hasn’t processed up to Raleigh yet. :mad:

I also got the laundry done. All this before noon! I declare this An Afternoon To Fritter Away!

See, I thought it was about some Sun King coming. He said something in garbled Spanish then left . . .
Well, you know how it is with royalty. ‘I, Me, Mine’ all the time.
(OK, OK, stopping now :p).

Sahirrnee, sorry to hear about your friend and her daughter. Damn.

And you’ve reminded me that Wells Fargo sent me a statement after I had closed two of my Mother’s accounts. It had a -$90 balance because the balance was too low. It’s not low, idiots, it’s closed.

Oh, and they won’t deal with me on the phone because it’s my mother’s account and I don’t know the magic password that was set up years ago.

I brought everyone on my side of the floor tri tip sandwiches to celebrate the transfer of a hated and evil manager! If anyone asks, I said it was for Chinese New Year! :smiley:

Re. banks, Paypal pulled a similar stunt on me: can’t transfer the US-opened account to a Spanish address, can’t open a Spanish account (now you can, in theory, but the procedure is designed for the US banking system and doesn’t work well with my banks), can’t close it.

OK, so gimme the money.

Several years later they were emailing about my balance being too low; maintenance charges had brought it into negative figures. O RLY? They stopped when I pointed out that not only did I have no way to pay them (they did not accept international e-transfer), I had the paper trail showing I’d asked them to close the account and even if the person writing to me got minimum wage, the time they’d already spent on the follow-up emails with me was already costing more than the

USD -0.10

balance in the account.

I promise to go back and read all posts before this later. I just wanted to tell y’all the gist of the noon news on the local teevee station. It is as follows:

SNOW/SLEET/FREEZINGRAIN/BLACKICEMAYBEASMUCHASONE-HALFTOANINCHACCUMULATIONEXPECTEDTUESDAYNIGHT/WEDNESDAYMORNING!!!1111111ZOMG!!!111WE’REALLGONNADIE!!!111111MAKEFRENCHTOAST!!!111111WE’REALLGONNADIE!!!111111

Really. I swear. It was half an hour of just that. I’m all, hey, if there’s ice on the road, I’ll just stay home. Heck, I don’t really like French Toast all that much. :smiley:

well now I’m happy

I had a three way with the mortgage guy and the realtor - three way call that is - and we are good to go
I am going house hunting online now

and I was told, surprisingly, to get a credit card
I don’t have enough credit, which makes my score low

I have some offers for a card so I guess I will accept one

It just feels so wrong
Yllaria

I had the same issue with a bank, I closed the account and they kept charging service fees for the low balance. Every now and then I get a letter from some lawyer or a collection agency saying I owe (I think it’s over $800 now). They always get a nasty letter from me saying oh no I don’t owe them anything and to leave me alone.

I wish my friend would call me but I know she is exhausted.

I read that as “garbage guy and realtor”. :confused:

Get a limited power of attorney for this. You may be able to go to a local legal clinic and get one for a very small amount of money (if not free) if funds are an issue., Deal with them through snail mail (call and ask who this paperwork will be sent to: name, job title, and address). Get delivery confirmation at the post office for everything you send.

Just a suggestion. IANAL, YMMV, and other legal disclaimers. But it should work - at least it can only be as bad as it is now.

Howdy from da cave! I have read what I did not read as promised.

Spaz what are the odds of there bein’ two SpazCat’s in the world let alone Hippy Hollow. :smiley:

sari that’s awful about your friend’s daughter. Hope the POS rots in jail and she’s ok. Yay on the mortgage house huntin’ go ahead!

Nuts the followin’ is a reminder…

DON’T FORGET TO GO TO THE BANK BEFORE THE END OF THE WEEK!!!

Subtlety is my strong suit.

Leftovers for dindin tonight, so easy peasy!
Know what’s funny? What with the impendin’ gloom and doom of the end of the world approachin’ Wednesday, right now the temp is 68 Amurrkin. We have strange weather round these parts.

ETA: We now have a WINTER STORM WARNING in effect from one p.m. Tuesday until one p.m. Wednesday.

When Santander took over my vehicle loan from …someone else… a couple of years ago, and when I paid it off a few months ago, I had no problems at all.

Sucks that they’re trying to screw you and pleading ignorance. I would have hoped that would be illegal.

“A girl’s gotta have her standards.”

:smiley:

I LOVE that movie!!!

Today started wonderfully. Higgs woke me at 4. About ten till 5, I got up, and by 5:15, I was on the way to the gas station to fill the car. Got to work way early, only to find that my computer was dead. The little green light would come on and I’d hear a fan, but that was it. The IT person didn’t get in till nearly 8, and my machine wasn’t fixed till just after 10, so I had 4 hours of reading news sites and Wikipedia on a computer that didn’t have anything on it that I could use. Thankfully, the problem wasn’t my hard drive, since ALL my work from the last few weeks was on there, not backed up. :smack:

I’ve got everything saved on a share point site now, and I asked the IT chick to set me up with a network drive for storing my drawings. Apparently my boss and his boss have been asking for that since I was hired. This is the same IT chick who was supposed to get me speakers the week I was hired… and a few months later when I asked again… Still no speakers, but I took in my own ear buds, so I was able to do the stoopit training. Anyway, wanna make a bet of when I’ll get a spot on the network to store my stuff?? Goodness knows, she’s not going to miss a smoke break to do her job. :rolleyes:

**FCD **is getting better. We’re going out to get a burger or something. Meanwhile, it’s 5 and Higglette wants to eat.

Happy Moanday!!!

what’d I miss? what movie, Mooooooooooom?