It's Monday Somewhere: a very early MMP

Groundhog day.
Didn’'t we have Issues last year, which we blamed Swampy for? :confused:

But I digress.
I thing if as soon as the groundhog poked his nose out, one could shoot him with a rifle of large enough caliber to knock him down. He doesn’t see his shadow, and doesn’t go back into his burrow.

Last night at McGill I saw an excellent performance of the opera “A Midsummer Night’s Dream.”
I’d seen posters for the show, and it said “Music by Britten.” I thought to myself, shouldn’t they also say who wrote the words to the opera? I wonder who wrote the words? Then I realized who had written the words. (Think about it. :wink: )

Ribs still hurt, but things seem to be getting a little better.

Up and caffeinated, Supebowl Sunday.

Gordie does that, too. Mainly because he’s not sure how many legs he has.

: tosses grenade into groundhog hole ::mad:

The Bard! And glad the ribs feel better

Yep, correct. :slight_smile: And thanks. I did manage to survive an entire orchestra rehearsal with hurt ribs, so there’s that.

Ah. So that’s where the Soft Kitty thing comes from. I can’t stand BBT, so I never knew that.

The sun is out. I may venture outside. I’m thinking of venturing up to Ye Olde Craven Gap where I haven’t been in a Waynesville minute*. I’m going to do that now.

*A Waynesville minute is the polar opposite of a New York minute. It goes on and on and on where the NY minute is about .0003 seconds.

There are Waynesvilles in NY, NC, MO and one in Pulaski County, KY.

Surely I can make some money out of this…

And GA, IL and OH.
Surely a relation of their Founding Father is allowed some small stipend…

My plan has been foiled; it has warmed up so I would look suspicious wearing a ski mask & the car [del]is[/del] was back to it’s original color (with white spots on it before it even made it to the 2nd traffic light). Of course there is snow in the forecast for both tomorrow morning & Tues nite so it’ll be back to all salt colored in no time flat.

Actually, Punxy Phil, The Seer of Seers, The Prognosticator of Prognosticators stayed in a specially constructed stump on Gobbler’s Knob last night; the rest of the year, he lives in the Punsxy Li-berry.

I like these soft kitties better. (Make sure to watch until the end for the still shots)

Taxes are done!! And we’re getting money back! Yay for not having to write a check again!!! I love e-filing and I love direct deposit! In a few weeks, money will magically appear in our bank account.

**sari **- maybe you coincidentally paid exactly the right amount of Md taxes? It seemed to work OK for me.

Gee, what to do for the rest of the day??

There’s also a Greenville in almost every state.

I did not go up to Craven Gap. I went to the Botanical Gardens instead. It’s nice outside. I actually took my jacket off! :eek:

From the voicemail I just got, it sounds like drama is trying to intrude on my life, so I’m waiting a few hours before I return the call. I have strict rules about drama in my life. It is not allowed.

Kittehs will be kittehs.

You rebel!

I didn’t pay any taxes, state or federal, and I owe the feds quite a bit.
Lat year I owed the feds a little and got money back from the state
Maybe it did just work out that way.

It’s a boring day here. although sometimes boring can be good.

Howdy Y’all! Birthday has been celebrated, everyone has gone to wherever it is they went when they left da cave, dishwasher is dishwashin’ and it’s 74 Amurrkin out. I even have windows open. And to think just Wednesday I was buried in snow! :smiley:

sair it’s the pine trees that have the orgy. Yellow pollen, the result of the pine tree orgy will be everywhere. I hates it, I does!

Bubba and I just got home from another trip to the vet. He’s better overall but started throwing up this afternoon so I figured better safe than sorry (and the doctors office visit is waived within the first 48 hours after he came home). They gave him some anti-nausea meds and fluids and now we’re back home again.

We believe that theCalvus have spawned.
Wish the kiddies luck in a tank full of various species. :frowning:

That is good to know Swampy pine trees have rough bark and from past experience in a park, there are certain parts of ones anatomy which should never make contact with pine needles. At least it wasn’t poison ivy.

I have a story that could start us off tomorrow if y’all want. What say you all?

no argument from me

Do it, bear! :smiley: Um, how much TMI is in your story??

And another weekend winds down. I’ve made a few more hats, and I’ll try to do a couple more before we head to Mom’s on Saturday. Altho I’ve made so many, I wonder if they still need some? Next week, I’ll switch back to shawls and afghans.

Still need chocolate, dammit.