It's Time For A New MMP

My brother in law is having part two of deep brain stimulation in an hour. This is the heavy duty part. Insertion of wires and placement of the control box. Please say a prayer that everything goes smoothly and that my sister doesn’t have a breakdown. She’s been living on the edge for 2 years.

wet one, not a praying type, but nothing but positive thoughts for your BIL and sister.

Taters, good luck on the job and get some sleep!

JtC, I’ve been on WWII subs, I’m just amazed you found anyplace in them for doing anything. Sounds like an interesting life… And good on ya for sending the stuff to shoe.

shady, been to Cedar Point many times, some of the lines are long enough that one can get bored and if properly…stimulated… At least they’ll get off with a fine, in the UAE when I was there they caught a couple of Brits doing it on the beach and threw them in jail.

nellie, yeah, lithium batteries get lots of attention these days. Kid will love it, I bet.

Sari, no offense meant re: Sah-son. Life is still handing you an abnormal about of fecal matter, but sounds like some things are coming together. {{{hugs}}}

Did take the garbage can out last night, so I managed something. Should be a little more active today, getting to the gym, filling car with gas and airing the tires, and soccer practice for the U12’s, so will break fast here shortly and get to doing stuff.

Press on everybody.

Afternoon, mumpers! It’s 17c/62f with a predicted high of 17annabitC/63f and mostly cloudy. Weather app says “Oh, Mrs Sun. Please show the fuck up, you twit” - Mrs Sun must have been listening 'cos it’s pretty bright and shiny out there.

Wet One sending positive thoughts to your BIL and sister.

Sari I’m sorry you are having such a tough time with so many things. I admire your strength of will and character, that you just keep carrying on.

Taters I hope you get to catch up on your sleep and enjoy a bit of a break from everything going on at work. Also, it’s good to get away from irk and have a lunch break with some decent intelligent company!

Moooooom I read on the Book of Faces that the move is not going entirely to plan. Fingers crossed that things improve and you can get everything back on track.

It has not been a great week here either. On Monday I heard that my mum’s very good friend Margo passed away at the age of 102. It wasn’t unexpected but at the same time, it was still a shock to know that those two amazing ladies are both gone. I am waiting to hear from her family about the funeral as I am planning to be there.

We have a friend who’s been battling bowel cancer for the last year or so, she’s been having some fancy kind of gene therapy which has done a fantastic job in shrinking her tumour, we heard yesterday that the oncologist has been rather vague in saying that they aren’t doing any more therapy as “there’s nothing else they can do” and are referring her to the surgeon. She will be seeing the surgeon next week but it’s an anxious wait for her as the oncologist hasn’t been very specific in his comments.

Added to that, she has just found out that her mother has stage 4 lung cancer that’s spread to her lymph nodes. There’s not much more information than that at the moment, but prognosis isn’t good at all. Please keep Julie and Doreen in your thoughts, they have been through so much already.

Wow, that’s a lot to deal with boofae. Sending my very best and supportive thoughts to you and your loved ones.

About to break fast so I can get to the gym before my friend calls. I’m supposed to go over, ostensibly to help her unpack, but mostly to keep her company. She hasn’t made many friends here and is apt to get lonely.

TWPTB must have heard my pleas and cussing because the forecast, while still not calling for rain, has somewhat cooler temps, so we’re heading in the right direction.

Taters, fingers crossed on the interview. Hope they’re wise enough to see you’re the person for the job. Also, hope you catch lots of Z’s over the next few days.

WetOne, I am the praying type and have already commenced. Let us know how the procedure goes.

JtC, hats off to you. I’ll plead the Fifth on wild pasts. Also, you’re a true blue pal to shoe.

BooFae, it’s sad when a mum’s last good friend goes and another part of Mum goes with her. About that oncologist’s words…my SIL was convinced her brother was dying because his doc said, “There’s nothing more we can do,” which she interpreted as, “There’s nothing more to be done.” It actually meant exactly what his doc said and that his practice was referring the guy to a cardiologist. Here’s hoping the oncologist meant his part was done, so he’s sending your friend to a surgeon. Kind thoughts sent for both friends, though, with prayers available if you want them.

{{{{{Boo}}}}}

Wet One I’m thinking good thoughts for your BiL. I hope it goes well and he gets the results he wants.

Hey youse guys: please post your crafts in this thread. I will post a few quilts later today. Y’all said you would. You promised! Wahhhhhh

I’m beyond honored, and touched to the core by your kindness.

To everyone else, I’ve been skimming and trying to follow along, but I seem to be low on energy and time lately. Lots to read.

A reasonable heave today. I’m sure something will go FUBAR tonight or Saturday.

: crosses appropriate and inappropriate appendages for promotion :smile:

: Sending prayers for WetSis and WetBiL :

I will. And {{{{boofae}}}}

A quick “hi” every so often is all we need, so we don’t worry. Save the energy for keeping on keeping on. :slight_smile:

Sis just texted. Frank is still in surgery but everything is going well. I bought a Baby Ruth bar in case I need to eat my feelings.

Good advice~that’s what I’m having to settle for too. Hoping it’s temporary, of course.

my dumb relative gave me the blurfs aka a sinus cold so im walking in a fog …

I had to ask the Oracles of Teh Googlez about “blending filament.” It sounds fascinating!

I am either going to be your new best friend, or you are going to hate me forever. Or both.

Have you ever played with pearl cottons? They aren’t really suited for closed canvas work because the shine rubs off but they are very nice to work with.

Most stitchers are self-taught. Self-taught stitchers often don’t learn about the specialty flosses due to lack of exposure. If you ever want to explore open canvas work let me know and I’ll send a larger package your way.

Sugarplum, I barely understand half of the technical terms.

BIL is outta surgery which went without a hitch. He’s almost bionic.

Howdy Y’all! As promised today was a day of high sloth. The only productive thing was the makin’ and consumin’ of chikin nachos. Have I mentioned lately how much I love bein’ a retired drain on society?

WetOne glad BIL got through the surgery without a hitch. Now the Baby Ruth can be celebratory.

BooFae so sorry about the loss of your mom’s friend. Julie and Doreen are in my thoughts and my prayers.

shades hope you feel better soonest. I’ve been to Cedar Point for bidness purposes, but also had fun ridin’ some of the rides. I behaved myself in line, because I had no one to misbehave with whilst in line.

Taters appropriate/inappropriate appendages crossed re the job. Glad you had a nice N.O.L. with your co-irker/friend. Enjoy the long weekend and get some sleep.

shoe we’re happy when you pop in to say hi. That way we know you are still among us. That goes for all Mumpers, as well.

sari hope things start to go a little more smoothly for ya.

I kinda glaze over when y’all start talkin’ about crafty things. I admire the handiwork, but have no clue how any of it is done.

*phew* for your BIL, wetone!

Today’s weather has been ridiculously nice; like it’s making up for the past week of cold and rain. I ate lunch out on my patio, and when I came back in I opened the windows…I didn’t think I’d be able to do either of those things again this year! Tomorrow’s forecast looks to be much the same, so I’m hoping for more bonus patio time. Then it gets chilly for a while, but stays sunny. Good driving weather. :slight_smile:

I had a phone consult with a possible therapist this morning, and I think she might actually be a good fit for me! :open_mouth: I won’t start our sessions until November: I want to finish the rest of Bailey’s scheduled PT sessions first, because I can’t afford both (she’s not very expensive, but is out of network). She only has openings on Thursday mornings, but my amazingly wonderful boss has agreed that I can be “out of the office” (offline) from 10:30-12:30 every Thursday. Happily, I don’t have any regular work meetings during that timeframe.

“Find a therapist” has been on my to-do list for almost a year! It feels good to be able to check that item off! All that’s left now is “join a gym”…someday…

Tomorrow morning will start with the vet appointment so Bailey can get her bordatella spray (thanks, Sahirrnee!), and then I’m going to try to quit an hour or two early and go to the mall. I don’t have any fall stuff in my new size, and I could use at least one “dressy” top with long sleeves for both Monday’s funeral and some upcoming work things. Maybe a nice sweater or two. I’ll be happy with retail therapy until the actual therapy starts! :wink:

Nice! And well done. :slight_smile:

When I split with my ex in 2009 and wound up alone with a 10-month-old puppy, I never imagined that I would spend so much time worrying about what might happen to her if anything were to happen to me. A tiny part of me is always low-key worried about somehow not outliving her. Whenever her time comes of course I’ll be devastated, but that part will be relieved.

:crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:!

It’s been lovely catching up with y’all, but it’s almost 6:30pm…dinnertime! :smiley: I’m thinking some beef tips and frozen corn, with fresh strawberries for dessert.

DH will be late getting home today. He somehow got the car stuck in a pile of rocks and efforts by co-workers to push it out failed. He’s currently awaiting professional aid. No, I do not know how he achieved this.

Imgur

There’s a dude in an orange shirt standing right there with a shovel. 5 minutes, max.

In last week’s thread I posted a photo that I found online of a quilt block I found interesting. It was just the photo. No patterns or cutting instructions, but I thought I could figure it out on my own:

I did work it out. Here is my version:

I posted these and the rest of my projects in the DIY thread in Cafe Society… I have a ways to go. My points are not as perfectly lined up as I would like, but I am trying.