I've Fallen! And I need to MMP!

That was one delicious piece of fish. Too bad I didn’t remember to add capers until I was 5/6 through eating it.

Now I’m enjoying a hot cuppa and a spoonful of local honey. My sinuses have been stuffy lately, and maybe this will help a teensy bit with allergies. If not, it’s still a tasty dessert.

Chewy rocks! Free shipping when your order is large enough. I get puppy pads, litter deodorizer and cat fud for my lords/ladies and Masters much cheaper than the grocery store and as noted, dropped at my front door, generally within 48 hours.

Back from the marine museum - Roxy seemed to enjoy herself. We made 4 trips thru the fish exhibits, 3 visits to the otters (they were hiding by the 3rd time) and 2 trips to the ray and skate tank. We also walked thru the local exhibits, sorta. She doesn’t care about the oyster industry or outboards or the Navy’s history in this area, but things were set up for a one-way trek and we had to follow the route. Toughest part was trying to encourage her inside voice. She was so wound up, everything was a max volume!

Here’s hoping it wore her out - she’s napping now - can I get 3 hours??? :crossed_fingers:

A few days ago, FCD was told one of his contracts would be extended till Dec 2021. Today he found out that the entire project may well be canceled. He’s been working on it for over a year already, and from the start he thought it was ill-conceived, among other things. Turns out some admiral has come to the same conclusion. I think he’s relieved it’s finally going away, but it was paying well. His other project is stuck while waiting for others to provide information, and there’s a third project that was supposed to kick in next month or so - looks like he’ll have time to do it.

But with things maybe slowing, he’s planning to go to FL to see his folks. His dad has to have a couple of stents put in his heart or thereabouts. I really don’t expect him to live much longer. It’s strange, because he’s always been very fit and very active, non-smoker, very rare drinker, and here he’s got all these heart issued. Frankly, it makes me scared for FCD, too - he’s not all that fit and he carries extra poundage (tho he’s trying to shed some.) I don’t know if I’ll be going with him or not - it depends on when he plans to go.

But I’ve got a few quiet moments, so I’m going to chill.

Afternoon all. Banking has been done, gas tank is full, and hair has been cut, so I consider that a successful morning. Now need to wait until about 4pm to see if the soccer fields will be open or closed for practice today.

FCM, not quite like FCD, but I used to deal with foreign customers, it sometimes took over a year to get them to sign up, and sometimes after lots of effort, they’d decide not to do the project. Hope something else comes along that’s worth doing.

shoe, glad the debit card worked. Soulds a bit flimsy to me, be careful with it.

swampy, executive decisions like that are the best kind. We’ve earned them, by damn!!

wordy, sometimes you need an outlet. I always preferred long walks alone, might not be practical for you. A scream can let things go (after all, post-scream you were able to talk to kids and hubby about why). Best wishes.

flyboy, can’t the element be replaced? Or do you figure it’s in the internal workings of the range and not worth the cost to repair?

Finished a little snack of Pepsi and bananas, so set for the afternoon. All y’all take care.

You are all being so helpful and encouraging. Really like the recipe and the hints about the roasted red peppers (probably easier to find than pimentos - the German language, at least in Switzerland, is not so fussy about the different kinds of peppers), grating the cheese and pickle juice, plus the instruction, “have fun”. Because cooking should be fun as well, and not just a chore.

My grandmother was from the area that referred to bell peppers as mangos. One of the recipes I kept even had that written in her hand. Still have to find the recipes.

The weekend’s weather is wet and cold. Good time for making a grocery list and finding papers.

And wordy, sometimes you need to shut the door and hang out the “do not disturb” sign. Literally. You come out when you’re ready. Examine your navel, work on some stretching, count backwards from 100/200, whatever helps you find your calm.

As suggested in the other IMHO thread, I’m pretty sure it’s not the element. I think it’s the switch – unless there’s some other component I don’t know about. (I don’t know appliances, so I’m like ‘Electricity => Rheostat => Element.’) If I had a clue how to fix it myself, it’s worth the cost of repair. It would be worth the cost to have someone come in to fix it – if I could find someone. But money’s tight, so we may just have to live with it for a while.

Every time I get set to go to the store, it starts raining buckets. I don’t mind rain, but I need to take my babushka cart, and it has no cover. I put plastic over the top, but the rain still manages to drench stuff. Too bad I’m not buying fish. :slight_smile:

So wordy, you discovered primal scream therapy! Are you old enough to remember Tears for Fears?

Shout, shout,
let it all out.
These are the things
I can do without.

But really, sounds like your family needs to work on being more self-directed. I hope your scream session motivates them to move in that direction.

Shoe, I’ve never heard of a cardboard credit card. Huh. It seems like it wouldn’t hold up as well, but I think we’ll all be using our cell phones for this stuff soon anyway.

flyboy, hope the burner is fixable so you don’t have to keep buying Calphalon.

It is interesting that when the metal burner heats up, it’s resistance increases, so it draws less current and cools off. The resistance decreases, so it draws more current and heats up. That is the reason burners don’t melt, and achieve a steady state of heat related to current.
Thus endeth the geek lesson.

So we’re caught up with the state of current affairs?

:grin:

{ rolls up newspaper }

Bad doggo!

At least I had a $100 Amazon gift card from a contest at work. Would rather have spent the $76 on something else, though.

Well, instead of primal scream therapy, I just told Mr “Eff you!” but with the full vulgarity.

My neck has been giving me grief. I used some of that Diclofenac gel this AM. The stuff really works, but it is messy! So while I was in pain free mode, I was scurrying around The Daughter’s house, planning dins, cleaning the kitchen, organizing. Mr VOW was watching endless news and texting on his phone.

I made mention that my neck had started to hurt. He said, “Why don’t you sit down for a while?”

I told him, “When I sit down the work doesn’t get done.”

I had washed the catwater dispenser and filled it. I said, “I’m taking the dish into the bedroom. Please bring in the filled jug (it’s a gallon jug, heavy, and strains my neck) in right now.” He said “Okay.”

So I’m back in the kitchen putting stuff away, and he’s still in front of the TV, petting the cat on his lap.

I pick up the jug and haul it in the bedroom. “This is why I don’t ask for help. I asked you to bring the jug in now, and now apparently means something different to you.”

He said, “I was getting the cat off my lap.”

~VOW
Sitting under a very dark thundercloud, scowling and muttering

I would keep you company under your thundercloud, but I can’t mutter quite yet. I can scowl though - quite a bit.

After the pain pill kicks in, I’ll probably apologize.

But @overlyverbose, you can still keep me company. We can scowl together.

~VOW

Chill, Mooommmm. You’ve earned it. Hope Roxy did the whole 3 hour nap for you.

Glad FCD is getting a bit of a breather, as long as he won’t miss that particular piece of work.

I can come out there and take care of Roxy when needed so you could go down to Florida with him. I’ve got the highest level of Grandma Certification, speciality in way above average 3 year old girls. Hattie will vouch for my achievements in Silly, I can push a swing for hours and I’m particularly good at ‘don’t tell Mommy’.

Boo

If there’s room for three under that thundercloud I’m pretty good at glare and could tutor in night nurse cursing-it’s an art.

That Voltaren gel is wonderful stuff and it’s great when it works so a mind-muddling pill isn’t needed. I use it whenever my shredded knee acts up. If I start with the gel early enough I don’t need help getting up from the couch and I can leave the house without needing a walker.

Boo

Laundry is dry, in the house, and mostly folded.

I’m partway through a tiny little kitchen project involving painting some dowels, so I can hang a bunch of hooks for the various spatulas and tongs and implements of destruction that are too numerous for a shallow drawer.

Paint shall be bright purple acrylic. :smiling_imp:

I have a chicken I’m planning to roast, mostly so I can make soup. I’ve been craving homemade broth since, oh, about when I slurped up the final spoonful of the last batch.

Right now, I’m eating a chocolate chip muffin, and watching my two kitties lie around in the waning sunshine, and I haz a very content.

Indiana? My husband’s grandmothers both called them mangoes, and they were both from Indianapolis.

BBBoo - Roxy slept about 2 anna half hours but it gave me a chance to get a few things done before pulling out my tablet full of games. And while FCD won’t miss that particular project, he’s literally got nothing to do this weekend, which is really odd. We’re going to clean and reupholster our dining room chairs this weekend. And he wants to go to FL to see his dad, but apart from the gawd-awful drive, I really don’t like the idea of being anywhere near the plague state. We shall see.

Guess I should load the dishwasher and drag my carcass to bed. Since I don’t have to get up early, I’m sleeping with Mel tonight. I could use a chunk of energy to get done the things I want to do this weekend.

It’s Friday, so that means Mexican food. I changed it up tonight. Instead of the hot wings and fajita salad, I had fajitas norteño – steak, chicken & shrimp. And the two 20-ounce Cadillac margaritas, and another margarita at home.

Yum.

Evening all. Dinner has been consumed and looks like we’ll be playing soccer tomorrow (0830 is my first game, so no staying up late tonight). Still need to work out the lineups so everybody plays their fair share.

Vow, reminds me of something my mother used to say when Dad was irritating that way…“Divorce, never; Murder, possibly.”

OK, need to do some soccer stuff, then off to bed. All y’all take care.