Just saw the first fluffy flakes of winter

Drifting gently down.

It’s starting to get cold here near Chicago, but no snow yet. How northern are you, Northern Piper?

We had snow in Minneapolis yesterday.

50° 27′ N

:snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:

Why, 50 degrees is too warm for snow.

Especially in Celsius!

It looks like it only lasted for 27 minutes, though.

Sounds like our good friends in Winnipeg.

Here in colorado we got 4" a month ago.

We got it here in Alberta too. There’s about three inches covering the yard.

Ah, Colorado Front Range weather. If I could see it for all the smoke.

Ours didn’t stay. But it’s cold and the wind is blowing. More is coming, I think. If you have it, we will soon.

Driving into work yesterday morning, I saw a few flakes fall early on, and then suddenly I was in flurries so heavy I had to dim my brights, as the bright backwash off all the HUGE flakes was reducing visibility too severely. That lasted about 3-4 minutes, and then was done.

Mid October snow is not rare here in east central Wisconsin, but it’s uncommon.

Here in SW Oregon snow in winter is rare, and I’ve never seen snow this early in the season. But its been getting down into the 30’s at night lately and up into the 70’s during the day. Rain season is just around the corner, and I’m not at all ready.

Frankly I would prefer snow, I think.

No, you don’t. I managed to get the snow off the car today, but then I had to scrape the ice off the windows. Warm windows (over freezing, anyway) plus below freezing snow, equals ice that needs scraping off. It was ten minutes of brushing and scraping before I could drive my car.

Trust me, you don’t prefer snow. You put up with it, because you have to. But given my druthers, I’d rather it simply rained.

NE Minnesota - It snowed most of the day on Saturday. The streets are clear but the grass is covered. I thought it would melt, but it’s still pretty cold. I don’t mind this part of winter - the beginning. It’s nice to have a change of pace. I start getting irritated around March. Then I want to be done with winter.

~2 inches of snow here in eastern Iowa. It’ll be gone by tomorrow.