I spent much of the afternoon at the doctor with Tiniest Minion of Sauron AKA Joshua. He has been running 104 degree fevers, not eating, not drinking, burning up and miserable.
After blood work, a throat culture and a chest x-ray it was decided he has 2 ear infections, a raw little throat and pneumonia. They gave him a shot of Rocepherin (sp?) and sent us home with the instructions to come back this morning at 9:15. If he isn’t any better then we will be checking into Children’s Hospital for the weekend.
I DO NOT want to be in the hospital again. He was there back in January for 4 days with the RSV virus (nasty, nasty thing) and it broke my heart. He had to have an IV and they had to tape him to an armboard to keep his arm still. He pulled his IV out twice. Nurses and unfamiliar people coming in and out sticking him and hurting him. He was not a happy camper and neither was Mommy.
So…keep your fingers crossed, say a prayer, light a candle, etc.
Just send good vibes our way to hopefully keep us out of the hospital.