"King of the Nerds" returns for Season 2!

No comments for this week’s show? I watched it because it was on and “Elementary” was a rerun, but it pretty much did nothing for me. If I watch it at all from now on, it’ll just be out of force of habit.

This group runs from utterly uncharismatic to painfully anti-charismatic (that would be Zach. Every time he yells “Victory for Sylvanus!” I cringe…and I play World of Warcraft!)

Anyway, it seems that

We can’t get rid of Zach…again. He wasn’t even in the Nerd-off this week. Every week we lose another one that I would have liked to keep, and keep the boring, the annoying, and the generally uninteresting.

The girl with the purple hair (whose name I’ve already forgotten) was one of the few who actually had a little spark.

I think these debates need to be scored differently. By scoring each one separately and in advance they almost have to split the first two because otherwise they would skip the third one. They should just do all three and announce a winner at the end.

By the way, as much as I love Star Wars (and I really love Star Wars), the Star Trek Universe is better.

Ia the host of the show the same guy who voices Snot on American Dad??

Chris was acting extra douche-y so I am kind of glad he’s gone. I did forget to mention lats week that I cannot believe there is such a thing as a nerd who has never seen Star Trek nor Star Wars…at all or even knows anything about either. I mean, really?

Why didn’t they even off the teams before the Nerdwar?

I guess people bailed on this season but I liked how they did the finale this year better than last year. Even they knew a popularity contest was a mistake. What I found most surprising…

[spoiler] were the two finalists were types of Nerds I didn’t know existed. You had a Nerd who knew nothing about Star Wars or Star Trek or any pop culture really and a Nerd whose favorite Star Trek was Voyager.

I liked how they brought back the entire cast and let them all have at least one more night at Nerdvana. It is a lot of fun watching Nerds Nerd out. I was more satisfied with this winner as well, although, like Celeste last year, she basically did the under the radar game (and it helped that she was on a team that almost never lost). [/spoiler]

I was not as happy with this cast as last year’s but it was still better than a show called King of the Nerds has any right to be. I hope they get a chance at a Season 3.

Good game, nice cast, loved Curtis.

I’m looking forward to Season 3.

I’m so glad Kayla won. She a true scientist / Star Trek lover / badass nerd lady!

Finally got around to catching the finale. I’m glad they did an actual challenge at the end instead of a popularity contest - that works for Survivor (because of how the game is played) but not for this.

On the trivia contest… wow, a question about Her Majesty’s Dragon? Didn’t think I’d ever see that… (the books are kinda boring, if anyone asks). Not surprised that Jack got lucky on a few.

I admit I thought Jack would win the final contest, as he did seem to be able to quickly adapt to a wide variety of tasks despite his lack of knowledge of most nerd pop culture (seriously, how do you not know anything about Trek or Wars?) But it looked like he made inefficient use of his helpers and spent too much time on the math puzzle despite needing to know pop culture for that one.

I’m not upset Kayla won (the only person I would’ve not wanted to win was Zack, to be honest) but she’s not that impressive. Anyone who is a Captain Janeway worshipper has questionable choice (have you watched Voyager? She’s a terrible captain!) Or, as my father put it, “How the hell can she be the winner, she can’t even play freaking Pac-Man!”