Kitten in Los Angeles Area Needs Good Home - Please Help!

Some of you may have followed the saga of the cat and her kittens that my neighbor and I rescued, which has turned out really well for the mamma kitty and 2 of her kittens. We still have the last kitten, however, and are getting really desperate to find her a loving home so she can move out of the storage room and bathroom at my office.

I started this new thread in the hope that this title would be more descriptive, and because I wanted to focus solely on little Libby, whereas the previous thread dealt with all of the cats. In that regard, I’ve created a new web page that’s devoted just to her; Libby. It’s got several new pictures that are sure to just melt your heart. She will make someone a wonderful pet, and she comes fully equipped with a small scratching post, a kitty bed that she really loves (shown in the pictures) and her favorite ribbon, mousie, feather and ball. I’ll even throw in a bag of Science Diet kitten food (which is what she’s been eating, exclusively)!

She’s affectionate, litter trained, a good little groomer and tons and tons of fun to play with and watch frolic. The only caveat I have is that she be kept strictly as an indoor cat. I also think it might be best if she were an only cat, as she really didn’t seem to do as well when her brother was still here with her. He kept her from playing with the toys she was trying to play with, kept her away from the food bowl when he was eating, and just generally tormented her. I don’t think she was nearly as happy a kitty as she’s been since he’s been gone – she’s like a whole different cat now. If you have a docile kitty who would nurture and love her instead of a more dominant one that would intimidate her, that might be okay, too.

If you can’t take her, perhaps you know someone who might?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

I’ve wished I could take her since you first posted about this, but I don’t think she’d enjoy a 1000 mile trip. I know some people in your area, though, I’ll mention Libby to them.

Oh, what adorable cats. I’m to far away, though (which is probably just as well).

Hi Shayna. It’s good to see you. Miss you lots! I’ve fallen in love but as you know we have 3 furbabies of our own and now we are foster parents for my MIL’s dog. Good luck!!!

I hope no one minds if I give this thread a bump…

Any takers so far, Shayna?

I’d adopt her, except my gf is allergic. :frowning:

I’m sure someone will take a cutey like that soon enough, though.

crosses fingers

She’s adorable, but alas, I’m in PA.

Shayna - I am in Bakersfield and have been thinking of getting a kitty for company.

PM me - My address should be in there

Thank you everyone, so much (for the bumps, for the well-wishes and the offers)! ems, I may take you up on that, but it would be at least a week or so before I would know. We’ve had (another) family tragedy and we have to bury my cousin’s husband and 5 year old baby daughter on Sunday (a car crossed the center barrier on the freeway and hit them head on). In the meantime, my niece said she might take the kitty while we’re busy with all the family stuff, and if it works out, she might keep her. So I don’t know what’s going on right now. As you can imagine, things are kind of out of whack. I promise to keep you posted. Thank you again, so very, very much!

I’m so sorry about your family tragedy. :frowning:

Shayna, I’m so sorry.

Thank you, TroubleAgain and Sunspace. It’s horrific. My family is in shambles. This will be the second grandbaby my aunt (my dad’s sister) and uncle will have buried in just over a year (their other daughter, Anita, spent several weeks in a coma and varying stages of consciousness, following an amniotic fluid embolism during the delivery of their son Jarrett last May. She survived and has made almost a complete recovery (which is rare), but Jarrett did not survive the crisis).

We’ve lost an incredible man; husband, father, son, cousin, friend, etc. He was always a joy to be around (the family magician!). He ADORED his wife, as well as his 3 beautiful children, one of whom is now gone, too. They were more than just family to me – they were also friends. We got together as couples, went out to dinner, had each other over for meals (dinner, brunch) just to see each other, not because it was a holiday or some special occasion. I don’t know how Diana is going to survive losing both her husband and her baby – and in such a gruesome way. I doubt Lindsay, who they had just dropped off for her first year at college, will ever be the same. News story here.

And just 2 months ago we buried my brother Barry (well, technically “step-brother”, but we’ve been family for nearly 20 years), after he fell off Angel’s Landing right in front of his daughter and niece (who were the only 2 who actually watched as it happened), and in close proximity to his entire immediate and extended (on his wife’s side) family.

We’re still reeling from that, and now this. They say it comes in 3s, so this had better be the last of it. I don’t know how much more my family can take. The funeral has now been moved to this Friday.

I don’t know how to put into words how sorry I am for all of your losses. My best to you and your family.

Shayna, I’m so sorry for all the losses you and your family have suffered.

{{{{Shayna}}} I am deeply saddened to hear of your family’s losses. Y’all have our warm thoughts and prayers.

I’m so sad to hear this news, Shayna. I’m sorry for all the losses your family has suffered so recently.

GT

I’m terribly sorry for your loss, Shayna. Your family has my sympathies and my condolences. I hope that this is the last of the family tragedies for you because good people like you and your family don’t deserve things like this happening to them.

{{{Shayna}}} for what it’s worth.

Thank you, everyone. The hugs are much needed and appreciated. This sucks.

For those interested in an update; wonderful news! The very kind ems picked up Libby this afternoon, so Libby finally has a permanent home! We had a lovely afternoon visiting with ems, and her getting to know Libby, who took to her new mommy right away. It was so sweet of her to come all this way to get a kitten when there are so many right in her town that she could’ve adopted. We’ll be forever grateful. Thank you, ems!

P.S. There are new pictures at the bottom of the newly updated Libby page.

Wonderful news!

Continued best wishes for you and the family, Shayna.