Ladies, does the smell of Old Spice turn you on?

No cologne ‘turns me on.’ But I like Old Spice. It smells nice.

No, it smells cheap.

Every woman prefers something different…

Old Spice? Brut? Not really. Those things remind me of my father. I like the smell of a man just out of the shower, or with deodorant, and I like the lingering smell of most shaving creams. Anything really strong or sweet makes me gag. That said, I love love love Hugo. It smells very fresh.

I forget exactly where I saw this but:

“Use Old Spice. The bad news? You’ll smell like your father. The good news? You’ll smell like her father.”

No.

It does remind me of Dad. Why on earth would that be sexy?

The smell of old spice makes me want to vomit. It smells like my dad and that’s a very bad thing since he started molesting me about age 3 or 4.

I made hubby throw out his bottle when we started dating and I try and avoid his father if he has it on.

I prefer the way he smells in clean clothes and with deodorant… that mix of deodorant and fabric softener is perfect :slight_smile: And it has no bad memories attached! We tried some other colognes but since all of them (Old spice included) aggravate my allergies we settled on nothing.

Isn’t that how we all started? :smiley:

No, yuck, total turn-off.

Love it on Mr2U.

yup. Old spice and Brut are really the only artificial smells a guy should wear.

The best smell though is a clean man, wearing clean clothes.

My da still wears Old Spice but more frequently in its deodorant incarnation. When I smell it on another man it doesn’t turn me on so much as make me feel comfortable and safe. What does turn me on is Chanel’s Allure for Men and Right Guard.

The lime Old Spice smells just like a margarita on the rocks.

A resounding yes. I have, in fact, been known to pilfer a worn shirt of Mr. Armadillo’s on occasions when we will not be sleeping in the same bed together, because it smells like Old Spice and him.

No, no, no, a thousand times no.

I also side with the “no artficial scent is sexy” crowd. Ugh. Ever since my boyfriend wore the same cologne as my orthodontist, I have been against it in all circumstances.

Fresh sweat and/or fabric softener are the best smells on a man.

I don’t like scent on a man. They almost always either pick something terrible or put way too much on. Mr. Sea never wears any, so I’m happy.

I dislike Old Spice, Brut, and Polo. I notice these tend to go to together and if you like one, you like them all, and same for the reverse. I do like Old Spice White Water, though.

I love when a man uses a specific frangrance consistently. I can smell it somewhere else and be reminded of him. I also imprint memories with smells. Calvin Klein’s Escape is my favorite - Hugo is good, too. Intuition for men is a good new one. Yum!

Ick. No Old Spice.

However, I do like Burberry for men.

Not really a turn on, but I definitely consider it a good smell. Hubby just uses the anti-perspirant, not aftershave or cologne, but I do like that smell.

And yes, it’s a Dad smell.

Julie

Yep. Old Spice is my favorite male scent, although the new Axe stuff that my stepdad uses is nice too. The worst I’ve ever burned my nostrils with was Adidas. My dad practically soaked himself in the stuff. Yuck.

I smell Old Spice and I immediately think of dad. Actually, a lot of smells remind me of him. He’s a tool and die maker, so he smells like a machine shop sometimes. He used to smoke, too. The combination of Old Spice, machine shop and tobacco just makes me feel like a five-year-old sitting on his knee. Love my dad!

Funny story: when I was an undergrad I picked up someone’s pen from the computer lab. It was an abandoned pen and needed a good home – I didn’t steal it, okay? I started to chew on it and spit it right out because it was soaked with cologne.

That smell filled my nostrils and mouth and made me positively dreamy. I loved it! I kept that pen for a few years until I left it in a computer lab, most probably, for someone in need of a pen to find. It never lost that scent, and it became my favorite pen because whenever I wrote with it the heat of my hand would bring the scent out.

The first time my husband wore cologne around me, I followed him around his apartment, sniffing until I got light-headed. He wears the same cologne – Eternity.

I bought him Eternity soap and tons more cologne. The soap’s gone now. Anyone know where to find more?

Almost any cologne etc. that isn’t applied too generously, turns me on, LOL.