Ladies What Kind Of Cologne Should I Buy?

Obsession makes a shower gel that smells really good. Leaves you with a subtler, pleasing aroma after washing. :smiley:

aww, ratatoskK, my dad wear Eau sauvage (it’s by Christian Dior, by the way) and it’s really nice.

I’m REALLY surprised none of the ladies so far have mentioned L’Eau D’Issey by Issey Miyake. It’s sexy, woody, fresh and yummy.
Makes my knees weak at a mere whif, but you HAVE to let it settle, it’s not so nice at first.
It’s available in alcohol free forms too.

so that’s my vote
L’Eau D’Issey.
go buy some.

What I really like is the smell of sandalwood. I don’t care for colognes because they all have a perfume-y smell, but bathing with a sandalwood soap is likely to have me draped all over you!

I second that.

Green Bean and Floater , I’ll third it. Cologne is vile shit that makes my eyes itch, my skin break out in a rash, and my throat start swelling shut after a couple of whiffs. It should be outlawed, and offenders should be tied to a chair while three people blow smoke in their faces.

Oh I love this question.

Curve for Men
Romance for Men

My husband wears no cologne at all, which is a little dissapointing. I think that thing about scent being really important to women is true!!!

There was a man in my office a couple of days ago wearing Curve for Men. He also smelled like he’d been around just a TAD of ciggarette smoke, the two scents mixed and I was about to attack him. Okay, I wouldn’t REALLY attack him, I’m happily married, but I will say his scent was REALLY turning me on. haha In review, he smelled VERY good.

So my vote goes mainly to Curve. Tasty.

Oh, and for no reason at all should you even think about getting Hugo Boss. YUCKY! That cologne STINKS in my opinion.

:):slight_smile:

hmmm. I thought I’d already posted here, but it seems I haven’t.

I don’t feel quite as strongly as ** CrazyCatLady **, but I’m not a fan of cologne, either. I mostly like the just-showered smell, so if you can find a cologne that smells like soap, maybe that’s a good bet. Or clean laundry. Mmm, bounce dryer sheets are the best.

However you choose to scent yourself, ** Tuckerfan ** I’m sure it’ll drive the ladies wild. :slight_smile:

Take hillilly queen cologne shopping with you, she obviously has impeccable taste!

Don’t listent to Breezy - go with HUGO!!

HUGO!
HUGO!
HUGO!
HUGO!

As an example, I once put my arm around someone at a party, thinking it was my SO, and was about to do something quite …um…“personal” before I realised it wasn’t him! I then found my SO and…well…this board isn’t really for that kind of discussion :smiley:

Hugo is the best cologne EVER! :smiley:

Original answer lost to board malfunction:

While I am no lady I think I can help you and I have been sniffed many times.

1. Try to smell unique.
  2. Try to pick a smell you like and feel enthusiastic about (confidence is as much a factor in attractiveness as anything else)
  3. Sample cautiously and analytically, some fragrances become very tiresome after long term exposure (anything that smells of scotch whiskey is exciting at first and tedious from there on)
  4. Avoid the popular. Any jerk can go buy that smell he just saw a commercial for, or he just found in a magazine. Do you want to smell like a magazine or like any jerk? No, you want to stand out as a special person, not to be lost in an elevator.

Now for my personal suggestions which I hope you will refrain from using if you like in Oregon (Portland to be precise).

1. Jaques Fath Por Homme (“For Men”). Think a lavendar/vanilla/root-beer aroma. Not at all soapy. Runs about $65.00 for 4.2oz. Very difficult to find retail, can be ordered over the net with a bit of searching.

2. Extract of Mysore Sandalwood from Crabtree and Evelynn. A nice daytime fragrance, smells of sandalwood of course. Clean smelling, a bit soapy but refreshing. It runs about $35.00 for 4.4oz (used to be $19.95 just five years back).

3. The penultimate fragrence by you. Go to a fragrant oil shop (ala; Body Shoppe) in the mall and start mixing. Find at least seven fragrances that are distinct (ie: don’t have more than one fruit oil as two will smell similar when mixed, or more than one wood oil, etc). Try to pick unique smells that wiull be discernable when combined. Think like you are making a casserole or a good gumbo, you want things to stand out and be recognized. A good fragrance should embody your personality and invite inquiry. People should smell you and ask you things like “Is that apple essence mixed with patchouli?”. It gives someone an opportunity to express interest in you in a benign way (hey the purpose of a cologne is an attractant, right?) and it allows you to express yourself in an artistic manner. The cost of this method is usually very inexpensive (like $8.00-$10.00 for 2oz which go a long way), but be careful not to ver-use smells like patchouli or other “hot” aromas without balancing them with something cooling like cucumber or apple.

ARMANI!!!
The one with the smoke glass finish on the bottle with the silver top.
Good Lord, that stuff gets me everytime.
Another good one is Hugo.
mmm-mmmmmmm

So, if one understands correctly, to be really attractive to women the OP should wear Armani, Hugo, Curve, and Opium all at the same time (on different limbs, of course) – thereby saving enormous wear-and-tear on his social graces?

Also, when finding an ideal scent, be sure and stock up, in case the product goes off the market and you lose the woman’s affection. Madison Avenue can be so cruel.

I’m with burundi on this one, I have to go with the Joop. I was first introduced to it at work and I’d ever so descreetly walk behind him and inhale deeply. Imagine his surprise when he noticed what I was doing! :o

High Karate.

But don’t take my advice; I’m not female.

OTOH, I have a friend who uses Joop, and seems to be satisfied.

Curve for men = Good Stuff

Hugo = Very Good Stuff

Go with Hugo. Mrowr.

Whatever you wear, just please make sure to wear only a little bit so you don’t kill people who come within 6 feet of you, okay? (Sorry, I’m tired of silly college boys who leave trails of cologne behind them…)

Hugo Boss or Cool Water/s (sp?). I think that one is by Fendi.