Leaping into the MMP

I had a salad for lunch, a plain salad. Do ya think the appropriate dessert be a chocolate cupcake? Sure sounds good!

Chocolate cupcakes are *always *appropriate for dessert!

Howdy Y’all! Moanday has been survived! HUZZAH! Actually not a bad day at all and I am at da cave a little early today. I had to go to da 'Burg this afternoon to deal with a situation and decided to head on home instead of back to the orifice. Tomorrow I get to go to two of my newly acquired counties to enroll three people. That should keep me outta trouble.

Poke chops, green beans, scalloped N.O.T., and rolls for dindin. A tasty yet easy to make dindin.

AirForce you ol’ silly! Chawklit cupcakes are appropriate any time of day!

Howdy all y’all!

My dad’s birthday is Feb 27 and he was born in a Leap Year. So close…

My niece has her birthday Jan 1, and so does my uncle.

I’m back on medical leave. There is a no more irk from home policy, and they want advanced notice of any time off. Since I can’t predict which days my migraines will be so bad that I can’t drive, I ended up on leave again.

My daughter participated in one of those national brain challenge things this weekend. You know, the ones where they ask you build a bridge out of balsa wood that holds 100lbs?

They did ok, but I don’t think we’re advancing to the next round. Their challenges were a bit more like improv (theater), and I think they’re a bunch of introverts. Not a good combo.

Sari I have been you. Being sleep deprived sucks. I hope you get some rest soon.

I have no idea why we’re debating chocolate cupcakes, but they are appropriate at all times. I would like one now, but, alas, I have none.

Home at last. N.O.T. pancakes for supper. And probably and early bedtime.

It’s been a loooooooong day.

So, it took me all day to realize that there was a new MMP this morning. :smack:
Today is my brother’s 17th actual birthday.
Is it to late to ‘blurf’?

It’s never too late to blurf.

Dindin has been cooked and ingested. The kitchen is all cleanded up. I even emptied the dishwasher. :eek:

The so-called Perkins Potato Pancake recipe wasn’t bad, but it was way too much pancake and not enough potato. I’ll try the halve the amount of batter and see if it’s better. We shall see.

Daughter called - nice surprise - to talk to her dad about is recovery. She’s becoming quite the photographer (says the non-photographer mom.) She posted some really cool pics of hummingbirds this weekend.

That’s all I’ve got. I’s tahred - I see early bedtime tonight.

It has been a long day and no reason why it should be.

I slept late but still feel tired. Sunny there is no reason for me to be sleep deprived. I’ve been busy but not that busy.

We got the grocery shopping done, I’ve put most of them away.

I got my electronic mouse plug in that is supposed to drive them away. I’ll see if it works. I also set a sticky trap that crushes the little buggers after they get stuck. If it works I’ll buy some more.

Depends on how long ago one woke up & how talkative one is.

I’ve taken pictures of this hummingbird before.
There was this bright giant ball in the sky behind me on the way home. So bright that I had to adjust the rearview mirror as to be unusable to see anything but the side of my car.

I worked, I came home, Drinking beer and watching hockey.

I’ve seen 'em. Just a bunch of Hillbillies chewing tobacco, and drinking Bud. :wink:

Metal Mouse, not only another day of irk, but another Moanday.:confused:

BLURF. It was a bad day. I am nursing a backache off and on. I don’t get how it will hurt like hell one minute and then not hurt and rinse and repeat. It is a very low backache so I don’t think it is anything else. I know I had a miserable night last night and was in a foul mood all day because of it. I think I will take one of hubby’s sleeping pills tonight and see if I can get a decent night sleep.

Tomorrow is the first. I got some EOM stuff done today but could not do a lot of it until the actual first so tomorrow will be a very busy day. At least the weather warmed up and promises to be nice, dry and warm all the rest of the week.

Next Moanday and Tuesday I will be sitting in a classroom all day long both days with all other managers listening to two men from CNIC HQ talk about Labor Relations. Sounds boring to me. Tomorrow I have a 3 PM webinar on budgeting and planning. Hopefully it will only last an hour or so. People who plan these things just do not understand that some of us are very busy on the 1st.

Since I technically am supposed to have all my vendors payments in process by the 8th I think I will be working this weekend to get it all done so I can be absent for the training.

One of my clerks is having some stents replaced in her heart later next week so I will be shorthanded next Wed-Friday. I just don’t see any free time at all during the month of March. The Air show is 2nd and 3rd of April and once I get April’s business all done I am taking some time off to go to GA to see my family. I hope anyway.

Well ----------- people have been known to say “Oh Christ” when I show up places.

Probably should have considered skipping work. Starting to feel feverish and a little chilled again. Wrapped up warm and tight and relaxing.

The first of the month is tomorrow. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH! Actually I do most stuff beginnin’ the 2nd and nuttin’ is due until the tenth. Still I hate EOM stuff.

Ah, yes. The evil light of the day star! ::hisses and hides in dark corner::

Well, um, yeah. I actually do that. Sun BAD! :smiley:

I keep reading that as [url=http://files.harrispublications.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2009/07/eod.jpg]EOD**.:eek:

Do you have a prescription for more cowbell?:slight_smile:

You sound like my roommate.

Watching the Naked Gun movies and taking great glee in watching O. J. Simpson get the snot beaten out of him. :smiley:

Also now wondering if I should consider garlic body spray hanging out with some of you. :smiley:

No, that would be Red Neck Group.

Blue Man Group is a great show; I’ve seen them a few times. The original, NYC show was called Blue Man Group:Tubes. There were (are?) tubes thru the seating area. Like the old two cups on a string, you could talk thru them; some went backstage & some went to other audience members.

I was referring to the old drag racing radio commercials, which Google-fu is not letting me find. :frowning:

No but hidden low on the Road Kow somewhere is a Gremlin Bell. Does that count? :smiley:

Irk was offering VTO (voluntary time off – doesn’t count against the other unpaid time off we’re allowed) tomorrow and I took it. Tomorrow is rest, relax, and seeing if alcohol is good for a sore throat.

Darn I either missed or forgot those ones. I didn’t follow NHRA much after the era of Cha-Cha and Snake.

And HEY WAIT A MINUTE ------- I think I may be part of the Red Man Group.

(I do chew RedMan now and then, dip their snuff as well, wear white socks, and wool does do things to my neckline. Quick – pass me a PBR. I need to experiment.)