Least favorite movies

People are listing these on the favorite movie thread anyway:

In the category of It Could Have Been So Much Better With Decent Acting and Writing Because I Liked the Concept:
-Waterworld

In the category of I Expected Kevin Costner + Robin Hood To Be Better:
-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves

In the category of The Only Movies I Couldn’t Watch All The Way Through:
-Cabin Boy
-Summer City

I’m sure I’ll come up with more.

What are yours?

Star wars films

Mars Attack!
No amount of beer could make it funny.

I prefer rogues to imbeciles because they sometimes take a rest.
Alexandre Dumas the Younger (1824-1895)

Any Batman movie other than the first one Burton directed.

Lost in Space. I didn’t want to see it, I was coerced.

Star Wars Episode 1: Way too much a kids movie.

I’ve never seen Cabin Boy, but EVERYBODY tells me that it’s the worst movie ever made. One of these days, I’m going to rent it, and see why they say this.

Worst movies that I’ve ever seen:
Anaconda, and Porky’s. I was actually VERY upset that I spent $.47 to rent Porky’s. Didn’t even finish watching it, and that’s saying alot, since I ALWAYS finish watching every movie I see.
Oh yea, and Surf Ninjas. 'Nuff Said.

Adam

“Life is hard…but God is good”

Armageddon was neat to look at, but otherwise an awful and cheesy movie.

Oh, man. Where to begin?
[list][li]There’s Something About Mary - I barely laughed at anything in this movie, except for the scene where Ted (Ben Stiller) is getting the crap beat out of him in the SC jail. That was hillarious.[/li]
A rather urbane couple had raved about TSAM. My wife and I now seriously doubt their judgement.

Double sad: they’re making a sequel!

[li]Man Trouble - Sad attempt by serious actors to do a screwball comedy. It just didn’t work.[/li]
[li]Bringing Up Baby - Same as above. Grant can do screwball; Katharine Hepburn can’t. I don’t care what Leonard Maltin says.[/li]
[li]Solarbabies - GAG![/li]
¡Átame! (Tie me up! Tie me down!) - “Thoughtprovoking and energetically performed” said Maltin. Only because it was a foreign film. You wouldn’t take money to see an English version of this one.

The world’s worst movie had to be, “Jefferson in Paris.” It didn’t really seem to follow any of the history I’ve learned, although it’s fashionable to revise history now. The entire film (at least the 40 minutes I saw before walking out) was about the education of his daughter.

Really sad, I was expecting much more from this in.

Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure.
- Ambrose Bierce

How can you not like Porkies, that was a cult classic!

I LIKED Atame…

anyway, the worst movie EVER made is “oceans of fire”
its about an oil rig, and I think one of the trapper john cart was in it…god it sucked, and my ex rented it EVERY SINGLE TIME I let him go get a movie alone.
The last time…I went to work, and did paperwork on my own time just so I wouldnt have to sit through it again…he insisted every time, that he had never seen it before- drug addict!

Escape from LA: big, dumb, loud, stupid, crappy special effects, terrible acting, utterly non-sensical. I hate this movie with the blinding passion of ten-thousand suns.

Pulp Fiction: maybe if I’d seen it in the theater when it was new I’d feel differently; the big screen seems to weave a spell over me (Escape from LA excepted). But I didn’t, I rented it and could not see what the hype was about.

Beloved: The Color Purple meets The Exorcist. When I’d read that Oprah’s character was haunted by the ghost of her daughter, I’d imagined that was to be taken metaphorically. But when the opening shot of the movie was the family dog being tossed around in the air and Oprah trying to put its eye back in the socket, I knew I was in for more than I’d bargained. In another thread I said the Poltergeist is the only horror movie that’s ever really creeped me out. I’d forgotten about Beloved. My husband was working graveyard at the time I saw this movie, and I hated being alone that night.

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

Anything with Albert Brooks.

Wow, a bunch of my fave movies are listed here. Hmph. Cabin Boy, Bringing up Baby, Mars Attacks, and Star Wars they are all great.

Well, two of em have Tim Burton’s hand in it, he seems to be someone you either love or hate.

oh well.

my least favorite movie thats out right now is the Blair Witch Project.

My least favorite movie I can remember watching.
Compromising Positions.

ouch, awful. Rented it cuz Raul Julia is usually good for a laugh. nope, dont touch it… yuck
pat

Movies that everybody else liked but I hated:

The English Patient
Mission Impossible
Remains of the Day
Summer of Sam

1. Virtuosity Oh Denzel, how could you?

2. The Bounty. Everytime this is on, my husband has to watch it. Now I’m wondering if he’s starting to identify with that sick bastard Captain Bligh, as played by Anthony Hopkins. Graphic torture and cruelty do not make an entertaining film.

3. Speaking of Anthony Hopkins: I hated “Nixon” too. I just couldn’t find anything believable about it–A good movie about the Watergate era is “All the president’s men.”

4. And…I know people will disagree with me, but I hated Natural Born Killers, too.

Gail
“Any major dude with half a heart surely will tell you, my friend–
Any minor world that breaks apart falls together again…”
-Steely Dan

Cabin Boy is HILARIOUS. That kind of clean, witty humor really is unique and so hard to find.

I hate any movie that is set a long time ago, but features a soundtrack comprised of modern pop crapolla. (i.e. Titanic, Robin Hood)

I recently watched a movie about a truck driving Sylvester Stallone who enters an arm wrestling competion. If anyone knows the name of it, please tell me. That movie was totally ridiculous - my current least favorite.

Finally, someone agrees with me on the whole Cabin Boy issue.

Oh, I think that Sylvester Stallone movie was called Over the Top. Wow, what dreck. I don’t know how he got involved with such bad pictures, I mean he wrote the original Rocky, which was a pretty nifty film. And the first First Blood had alot going for it. Then the Rambos started coming, and they had alot of nothing going for them.

pat

The movie where Sly is an arm wrestling truck driver is called Over The Top. The sad thing somebody thought that was a good idea for a movie.

“Pretty Woman” is, by far, the worst movie ever made.

Only two movies that I can think of have earned a 0/10 on my scale of movie ratings.

1. Fargo.
  2. Event Horizon.

However, Event Horizon earns a special recognition. Simply put … I think that a foundation should be setup to buy every copy of Fargo and burn it; however, if I won the lottery I would seriously consider using my own personal money to buy every copy of Event Horizon so that I could burn it!

Of course, there are plenty of other stinkers out there (I haven’t seen it yet, but Eyes Wide Shut according to my friend is a definite candidate for a 0 score).