Lost 1.15: "Homecoming"

Okay, so it wasn’t a dream. The shaky camera effect is annoying. (Boone wasn’t a good sentry.)

“So ol’ Steve drew the short straw.”

“Dude, that was Scott.”
Locke and Jack get the guns. So, they are part of the same team. Trust, guns, and whatnot…

Hate to be posting every commercial break but this is the best episode in a while… I wonder if there will be more scenes and (and more crosses) in the graveyard. That really helps put the suspense back in the show.

And has Locke gone native? Or is the vibe they’re giving him a red herring?

EZ

“Dude, that was Scott.”

Sawyer almost looked ashamed of himself… Great episode!

The simulposts are making me laugh.

Yep – the posse is just what I expected… didn’t expect 5, though:

Locke, Sawyer, Sayid, Kate, Jack

And “Yeah, I remember you shot him… and missed.” hilarious :wink:

Vomit flashbacks are great!

So, there’s our four (5) gunners. Locke, Sayid, Sawyer, Jack, and Kate. (Sawyer was holding out on us. He had a gun all this time.)

I don’t quite get what Claire was so mad at Charlie for. Holding out what info? His death? The dream? Ethan? What did I miss?

Woohoo! Hit him again, Jack! Make Ethan your bitch!

Thanks for screwing up the chance for interrogation, Charlie. I wanted to see Sayid work on him.

Karma balance restored!

Work together guys!

Are we missing a gun now? Did anyone see anybody pick it up?

Oh. Never mind.

“Why did you do it?”

“He deserved to die.”

I guess that satisfies the soul for soul thing.

So… what was the homecoming?

Dude! Charlie just extended the mystery at least another episode.

“He deserved to die.”

“Well, some die you deserve to live. Can you grant them that, Master Hobbit?”

After Ethan attacked Charlie at the start of this episode, and said “Bring Claire! Unga Bunga!”… Charlie told Jack and others. But when Claire asked him specifically, “is there anything else? something going on?”, Charlie said, “No, nothing.”

He held out the info about Ethan coming back and threatening to kill people if he doesn’t get Claire. She found out about it from Shannon.

Ah… there’s the homecoming!

Lucy said “You’ll never take care of anyone.” and then Claire says, “I trust you, Charlie.” He came back home… to his old self. The pre rock star, pre junkie person who respected nuns and liked flowers.

And another thing – are we ever going to get back to the hatch in the forest? Locke and Boone – you guys going to tell anybody about it, or maybe rig up some homemade C4 out of jungle ingredients and blow the door open?

I want to know what’s in there!!!

Next week’s preview looks fun!

A possible sexing it up with Kate and Sawyer and someone gets shot?

GREAT episode! Plot, characterbuilding, humor, action… I think this was one of the best!

Aside from Ethan’s death being sort of a cop-out, I think Charlie was right. Ethan wouldn’t have talked, even with Sayid asking the questions. (And I’m sure in this case Sayid’s moral qualms about his torture skills would have gone right out the window.)

The fact that the guns are loose on the island now will make things interesting. I would have tried to collect them after the hunt for Ethan, but who amongst them would give it up once they had it? This fact alone keeps this from being a “reset buton” episode. The preview bears this out – the balance of power could change.

Gonna sit back and do some post reading now… Great episode!

EZ

Wow… that was the most intense hour of my week.

Excuse me while I let the adrenaline drain out.

And when are we going to get to the Hurley flashback??

Ok, that Ethan guy is an X-Files SuperSoldier or something. Scott had a broken neck, and every bone in his arms and hands was broken? Whoa.

And yet Jack hasn’t the tiniest bruise on his pretty face after all that fighting… :dubious:

I am more and more sure that Jin speaks English too. He’s asking his wife what’s going on… so what? Why would she know anything if she’s not supposed to speak the language either? They both speak English, and I think they’ll find out about each other at the same time.

I love Charlie. He tries *so hard * to be good.

Anyone else get a visceral enjoyment from watching Jack beat the living SHIT out of Ethan? :smiley:
I was disappointed in Charlie, although he may have been right in a practical sense—I got the feeling there was no way they were going to be able to keep Ethan captive. It’s just that he should have given them a chance to work him over and question him before he killed him.

I’m leaning this way, too. It’ll end up like the Piña Colada Song.

This week had a butt load of action, but very little to move the mystery forward. Except for the part about Locke thinking Ethan isn’t alone. What does he know?

Paper company in Slough??

Bwa ha ha ha!

I had the weirdest feeling that he knew about the guns all along and that this whole Ethan-asking-for-Claire-back thing was a ruse to get them out. Locke wanted those guns.