Something nobody else has mentioned – initially, when Kate came to and was going to take her shower, she pulled a bandaid over a cotton ball off of her wrist, and it looked like she’d had some kind of old-fashioned inoculation – like smallpox, where they scrape the skin and apply the vaccine to the scraped part. Was it an inoculation? If so, for what? Why did she get it, but we didn’t see anybody else with band aided wrists?
I thought it was a fairly good ep, I didn’t noice any more commercials than any other show, to tell the truth.
Add me to the group that doesn’t remember seeing the stars tattooed on Jack’s inner arm before, maybe just because he didn’t raise his arms that often, but they looked new to me.
[QUOTE=Mama Tiger]
Something nobody else has mentioned – initially, when Kate came to and was going to take her shower, she pulled a bandaid over a cotton ball off of her wrist, and it looked like she’d had some kind of old-fashioned inoculation – like smallpox, where they scrape the skin and apply the vaccine to the scraped part. Was it an inoculation? If so, for what? Why did she get it, but we didn’t see anybody else with band aided wrists?
[/QUOTE]
I think Jack pulled a band-aid off his arm also.
[QUOTE=Hampshire]
I think Jack pulled a band-aid off his arm also.
[/QUOTE]
Interesting. Do you remember when? Because I totally don’t remember it. Not that it wasn’t there, mind you; it takes multiple watchings to catch all the nuances in this show!
[QUOTE=Mama Tiger]
Something nobody else has mentioned – initially, when Kate came to and was going to take her shower, she pulled a bandaid over a cotton ball off of her wrist, and it looked like she’d had some kind of old-fashioned inoculation?
[/QUOTE]
Jack had the same thing, didn’t he? Whatever it was, it was done to both of them. What about Sawyer?
I know that as a member of the audience I’ve got an advantage in watching all these stories unfold, but by now it should be obvious to our original Lostaways that they’ve encountered a great big group of mindfuckers.
Jack, Sawyer and Kate have to start acting accordingly – namely, realize they’re being manipulated like rats in a cage.
[QUOTE=Foldup Rabbit]
Jack closing the door sort of irked me. Physics, man. If they were opening a door that led to the underwater, then wouldn’t have been harder to open (and close)? Fine, whatever, I can suspend my disbelief.
[/QUOTE]
Oh, come on. A man who can survive being thrown clear from a jet crash should be able to shove a door closed, particularly when we know full well the Others are all about the Skinner box.
[QUOTE=Mama Tiger]
Something nobody else has mentioned – initially, when Kate came to and was going to take her shower, she pulled a bandaid over a cotton ball off of her wrist, and it looked like she’d had some kind of old-fashioned inoculation – like smallpox, where they scrape the skin and apply the vaccine to the scraped part. Was it an inoculation? If so, for what? Why did she get it, but we didn’t see anybody else with band aided wrists?
[/QUOTE]
When Jack first wakes up in the aquarium he pulls a similar bandage off his arm. I suspect that they had been given a blood test. Remember, when the Others had Michael they gave him one (or at least took a blood sample anyway).
I’m wondering if the Others are running some sort of breeding experiment and have decided that Kate and Sawyer should be together and that Jack is a match for Juliet.
[QUOTE=Honey]
It cracks me up that the Others have gone from barefoot, teddybear dragging, heathens, to having a book club and a gazebo. ![]()
And where are all the children they took?
[/QUOTE]
Actually, this is a possible clue: Ben told Ethan and the other guy to go to the crash sites and have lists of names ready in three days. Then the tailies got attacked that night. This was not Ben’s plan, so there’s a good chance there are two groups of Others: Ben’s people, and the teddy-bear-dragging people.
Unless we saw the teddy bear in the medical facility?
Hey, somebody with a better recording: When Juliet put her hand against the glass, was her palm all burned, over a month after the crash?
[QUOTE=Mama Tiger]
Something nobody else has mentioned – initially, when Kate came to and was going to take her shower, she pulled a bandaid over a cotton ball off of her wrist, and it looked like she’d had some kind of old-fashioned inoculation – like smallpox, where they scrape the skin and apply the vaccine to the scraped part. Was it an inoculation? If so, for what? Why did she get it, but we didn’t see anybody else with band aided wrists?
[/QUOTE]
I thought it meant The Others had taken a blood sample. Jack had the same deal, but I thought it was the inside of the their elbows. I assume that The Others will do some DNA analysis and figure out that Claire and Jack are half-siblings.
The tension between Juliet and Ben can be seen early on when he mentions something about not being invited to the Book Club anymore.
Also, we know that Ben’s group dresses up like “hillbillies”, so I don’t know that we can conclude there are 2 groups of Others, although it’s certainly a possibility.
[QUOTE=Mama Tiger]
Interesting. Do you remember when? Because I totally don’t remember it. Not that it wasn’t there, mind you; it takes multiple watchings to catch all the nuances in this show!
[/QUOTE]
As soon as he woke up.
[QUOTE=John Mace]
I thought it meant The Others had taken a blood sample.
[/QUOTE]
Juliet tells Jack that the shot he was given was going to cause severe dehydration, remember? So it wasn’t a blood sample, it was an injection of something.
[QUOTE=OpalCat]
Juliet tells Jack that the shot he was given was going to cause severe dehydration, remember? So it wasn’t a blood sample, it was an injection of something.
[/QUOTE]
Ah, yes. But it could’ve been both; not to mention that The Others are not exactly known for their truth telling abilities. I don’t usually think of shots as being given at that location on the arm.
[QUOTE=OpalCat]
Juliet tells Jack that the shot he was given was going to cause severe dehydration, remember? So it wasn’t a blood sample, it was an injection of something.
[/QUOTE]
I thought she was referring to the darts that had brought them down in the last episode of season 2. She says something about “the drug used to bring you here,” so I thought she was talking about the tranquilizers. The marks on their arms looked like blood had been drawn.
I would guess that even in a best case scenario, that being; after a couple more seasons the ‘Lost’ story is wrapped up with a satisfying conclusion, that all the little subtleties and weird inter-connecting threads we talk about here will never be completely explained. It wouldn’t be possible unless there is one big (it’s all happening inside the head of a lab rat) explaination. No, “Oh yeah, the CD is silver on both sides cause the guys in the Artic are at 3, 15, 64 on Google maps which is Jack’s home address divided by the sum of Hurley’s magic numbers minus the number of Darhma stations plus the letters in the name of some character in the background in Season 1 episode 13 who was reading a book with 348 pages in it. It all DOES come together!” Don’t think so.
Worst case scenario, and most likely - when ratings start to decline, “Lost” will be cancelled mid-season with no wrap up of any kind. This is television. Television programming only exists to keep eyes on the screen between commercials. “Lost” is currently doing that. But I’m guessing it’s an expensive show to produce. Large cast, shot in Hawaii, special effects, ect. When viewers burn out from weeks of mystery and no resolution (see “Twin Peaks”) it will only make sense to cut the looses and move on to the next new thing.
“Gotta’ move those refrigerators . . .”
All three of them ended up sucumbing to their intended experiments:
Jack agreed to sit in the corner.
Kate agreed to put on the cuffs.
Sawyer played the “hit the right button combo” game.
And I wonder if Ben put Kate near Sawyer because she named him first. I still think we’re in for some weird two-cage experiments. What I mentioned earlier, or perhaps Kate is put in some danger until Sawyer figures out which buttons to push.
BTW, if anyone wants some comic relife, check out this guys blog. He posts this stuff on some of the MBs and absolutely drives people crazy. I think he’s hilarious.
I’m not convinced that the mechanisms in the cage that they put sawyer in are part of whatever test or experiment they are running on him. It could be that they needed a cage and, as the bear experiment was over, reused the equipment they had handy.
[QUOTE=UncleRojelio]
As far as I am concerned, we don’t know that Juliet was really reading Jack!Dad’s autopsy report. That big binder on the desk could have just been an old fishtank cleaning instruction manual for all we really know. Juliet didn’t really reveal anything that wasn’t already known and could have just made up the part about Sarah’s happiness.
[/QUOTE]
Did we know what schools Jack had attanded before this? Not that it’s hard to find out a doctor’s educational history. They are published on the net (at least for US docs).
Count me among those disappointed by the episode. Jack and Kate acted like idiots, basically playing the role they were asked to play by the Others. I am slowly starting to lose interest in this show, which saddens me.