Lost 3.2: The Glass Ballerina

The new woman-that-looks-like-everyone-else is named Colleen (closed captioning again!)

Baldy…he is RIPPED. If dude had some hair I’d be dreaming about him tonight. Except…Jin threw him around like a ragdoll. Obviously Baldy had a SoloFlex and not a Fisherman’s SonFlex like Jin did.

This episode was slightly better than the first IMHO. Even though I’ve watched seasons 1 and 2 within the past year I am still foggy as to what is going on at times.

Mostly when a new blonde woman shows up and I can’t tell if people are looking at her funny because we’re supposed to know her, or she’s just hot.

Why does it feel like this season started in the middle? :smack:

I just LOVE how Benry has crystal clear audio while he’s listening in on Sawyer yet some of his TVs are rolling. :rolleyes:

So, did the Others put a motor on the sailboat, or did Our Heroic Losties manage to miss the fact that there was a motor on the thing?

-Joe

I dunno, I think the idea that the Others are in fact in contact with the outside world makes me less interested in this show.

They may have extrapolated that there was a motor based on the can of fuel they were wastefully chucking about (Gad! You’d think supplies just fall out of the sky or something :wink: ) or the fact that, hey, look, right on the stern there, ask Jin what that spinny-bladey-thing back there is for! I’m guessing motors make for bad stealth.

I would have thought that Jack would’ve been equally shocked to hear that the American people were stupid enough to give George W Bush another four years in office.

I would have been shocked if everyone would have had the good sense to keep their fucking politics off Cafe Society.

“I’ve lived on this island all my life”

Wow. Wasn’t expecting that!

Got nothing to add, except Jin’s Korean has really improved. :slight_smile: I was impressed.

So, new information. Others have communication with outside, Benry has always been on the island. Others did not know about the sailboat. Others know Sawyer’s real name.

Anything else?

Loved the kiss Sawyer laid on Kate. Didn’t seem like she minded too much either.

Doesn’t it seem that everything is going against the Losties? They’re just dumb as dirt. Have they come out ahead on any of their confrontations?

Building big smoky fires also make for bad stealth. Duh.

Stupid Sayid and his stupid plans. They never work.

We’re supposed to assume that Baldy didn’t really jump, right? That was my first though when he hit the car.

I always knew those Others were a bunch of cocksuckers. We’ve had our second (I think) Deadwood sighting. ShotConnie is Trixie from Deadwood, in case anyone cares.

Yeah, Sayid’s plan was stupid. I’m not evil a soldier and I knew they were going to go for the boat from the water. [Hurley]Way to lose the boat, dude![/Hurley]
I think Jin knew about Sun’s affair and I think that’s what he meant when he said he knew about her betrayal. I always suspected Jin could understand more English than he let on. We don’t know yet when they decided to run away to America but perhaps Jin had some time to study.

These two have a very dysfunctional relationship but I believe they really do love each other.

So, did Baldy jump or did Daddy throw him off the balcony? I don’t think Baldy was suicidal, scared shitless yes, but not suicidal. So either Daddy did it himself or he sent someone else to watch Jin and make sure it got done one way or the other.

I liked how we found out that the Others don’t really know everything, i.e. Benjy not knowing about the sailboat. Does this mean they never knew about Desmond or just never knew that Kurgan had repaired the boat?
I like the “you tasted like fish biscuits” line. I think the writers may enjoy saying “fish biscuit” as much as I do. Fish biscuit!

He said it to Desmond … I am so looking forward to next week. :smiley:

The guys got their close up of Kate’s ass this week. The girls want some fanservice!

I don’t know. The fact that Baldy was holding the necklace made me think he jumped all by himself. He was going to have to leave the country, and because he thought Jin knew about the affair, he was going to have to leave the country without Sun.

Fish biscuit.

I’m not even a soldier. I can be a little evil though. :wink:
Are we going to use the old Lost Questions thread or do we start a new one for this season? Who was in charge of that?

I think he jumped. I don’t think Jin knew about the affair when he delivered the “message” to Baldy – he just figured that the guy would know who he was (lackey thug for Sun’s daddy) and would realize it related to whatever he presumably “stole” from Sun’s father. I think in Baldy’s mind, he thought that Jin knew about the affair – and probably suicided to repair his family’s honor, or something. Like Foldup Rabbit said, he was holding the necklace when he hit. Probably holding it close to himself and grieving one last time (for what he couldn’t have, and the pain this would end up causing her) before jumping.

It’s been started. John Mace has it as one of the links at the top of the thread. But here’s another linky

I can totally see Opus the Penguin standing in a meadow yelling, “Fish Biscuits Fish Biscuits Fish Biscuits!!!”

Benjamin Linus, is it? I would have asked him how he defines “not hurting” the three captives, per the deal he made with Michael. Evidently, hurting doesn’t count if it’s imprisonment, hard labor, electric shocks, blood draws, manipulation, or anything else the Others do.

You gotta love Sawyer. He’ll take a beatin’ for his woman. After all, she’s strawberry-flavored. If he tastes like fish biscuits, what does Jack taste like? Soup and a sandwich? Speaking of the poor bastard, he looked like he’d damn near given up, sitting in that corner.

I wasn’t quite expecting that level of bloody violence in the hotel room with Jin attacking Jae, but I guess it’s been a while since the second season. Good lawdy.

What are the chances that we’ll ever find out what became of Michael and Walt?

Whatever happened to Cindy, the Tailie who vanished back in season 2 during the Trek towards the Losties’ camp? Has anyone spotted her among the Others?

Why does Ben want the sailboat so badly?

-FrL-

Notice that, just before Jin goes into the hotel to deal with Jae, he sees the bowing, top-hat wearing doorman, which no doubt strengthened his resolve. And I also think Jae jumped of his own accord.

I thought I heard that Harold Perrineau and Malcolm Kelly will be appearing in the second half of this season. I’m not sure, though.