LOST 6.6 "Sundown"

Smokey the Locke Monster: “Now why’d you go and do that?”

Sayid: “Oh… shit.”

Well, he did let Smocke speak. He said, “Hello, Sayid.”

After what Smocke just said, I’m getting the feeling that the flash-sideways stories are what happens if Smocke wins – the version of paradise he’s trying to sell to the Losties? I wonder if these stories will turn sour (and things will be even worse for the Losties in that timeline) eventually.

Evil looks from Claire. And Kate thought that Claire would be happy hearing about Aaron… heh.

This doesn’t make any sense. Smokey has given them an ultimatum: “leave the island with me or I’ll kill you.” Why? If he can leave, and wants to leave, why doesn’t he just leave? What does he care whether anyone else stays?

ETA: I know we’ve known for a long time now that it’s pointless to pick logical nits with this show, but why can’t he just have Claire clear aside some of the ash?

Martin Keamy? Isn’t that a familiar name? I don’t recognize this actor though.

Keamy’s a dick in the alt timeline too! And Sayid’s still got skills.

And Jin!! Prisoner of Keamy and pals. Whoa!

Leader of the commandos that came on the freighter in season 4. The guy who killed Alex, trying to get Ben to come out.

I thought so. He looks different.

Yeah, he threw me off at first, too – until he said his name. Looks a lot different in the suit than in the army fatigues.

I thought so. Good for Sayid(sort of).

Heh – Sayid giving Dogen the drowning treatment.
Guess the message wasn’t all Sayid was tasked by Smocke to do.

That was ominous.
Ben: “Come on, I know a way out, there’s still time.”
Sayid: “Not for me” (creepy look)

No more temple people. Wow.

Where is Sawyer?

Wow – the Temple is toast. Wonder if Kate will become the next Smokey convert.

Smokey appears to be gathering an army.

Did Cindy and the tail-section kids get out first?

Now THAT’S what I’m talking about. We’re finally getting somewhere! Where, I have no clue, but at least this episode kicked some ass.

Dark Sayid is scary as hell!

Action! Creepy Claire (that look that she gave Kate after finding out about Aaron…shivers)! A good episode over all.

I also don’t care about the off island storyline.

Boo Sayid.

Ilana, you came a little too late.

Jack & Jin, where are you? which side are you on?

I also don’t care about the off island storyline.

Boo Sayid.

Ilana, you came a little too late.

Jack & Jin, where are you? which side are you on?

Sayid even creeped out Ben (!)

This echos what others have said, but I will say it in a different way: Jacob and the Man in Black are like the Vorlons and Shadows on Babylon 5. Althogh one may appear more evil on the surface, both are guilty of manipulation. Powerful forces with different ideas.

I get that Sayid isn’t happy with the temple folks, but I’m not sure why he believes Flocke (assuming he does)

So the ash doesn’t work with Dogen dead?

Brian

Still hot though.