MAD Dopefest - Welcome Antigen to Baltimore

What, does he not know when to leave graciously? The hosts yawning and changing into jammies is not enough of a hint?

Good Lord, yes, someone bring plates. Otherwise we’ll be sharing. Gingy made me eat off a used plate once before.

You were complaining about me making a fuss. I didn’t fuss, and now that’s all you will ever talk about.

Besides, it was a REALLY NICE plate. FCM made it for me.

Saturday in mid-April? That should work. I’m pretty sure my Saturday rehearsal is after that, as are my shows. (Amusingly enough, the Saturday rehearsal is not for the Saturday shows.)

And this time, my glasses will not break. (If you don’t know, don’t ask. You had to be there.)

I’ve got to bow out of this one. I’ve got a dinner and premiere of a movie I was in. It was my friend Matt’s project. If y’all are nice and promise not to laugh at me, I’ll bring it to Gettysdope and y’all can watch it.

Robin

Yes, it was a beautiful plate. FairyChatMom is very talented.

And your house isn’t untidy, it’s* lived in.* You have kids. It looks fine to me!

You know what I really hate? I hate it when people answer these threads and say, “Well, I might come. But then again I might not come, because of this, or that.” I mean how lame is that?

So, anyway, I might come. But then again, I might not, 'cause see, I am supposed to go visit my sister in Carolina, and had it all planned to leave that Thursday and be there on the 14th. (Taking pictures on the trip down and stuff. I am thinking of buying a new lens, and all, for the spring flowers.) So, first I need to talk with my sister, and see how involved her plans are to date. If I can put her off for the first four or five days, and then tack on a similar few days to my vacation to spend down there, well, Ginger eating eighty pounds of pumpkin bread sounds like a thing I don’t wanna miss!

I make an excellent chili dog type hot seasoning. Hot. (All meat, sorry, vegans.) I also make a delightful onion/mustard relish, also hot, for hotdogs as well, or on other things. It’s vegan. I promise not to bring kimche, what with this being an in the home sort of thing. (Although I have been developing a great new kimche soup, with shrimp and fish that is just tasty.)

Tris

I hope you make it, Tris, with or without kimche soup.

Bump

Since you mentioned burgers and hot dogs, I’m guessing you’re grilling.
How about if I bring a pasta salad? Anything else?

I make a pretty decent cole slaw. I add an apple to it. :slight_smile:

Heard from Antigen this morning, she’s awaiting internet hookup in her new place.

Gingy, I could bring the above-mentioned cole slaw (which really is pretty good, and sweetened with nothing more than the apple and a little Splenda, so no added sugar, for those of us watching such things). Or, I could bring some assorted cheeses to slap on the burgers. Which do you think would be more helpful?

Well, shoot. You picked the one weekend in April when I’ll be out of town – we’re taking our first trip back to New Orleans to see What Katrina Hath Wrought to our friends/former coworkers. And also to go to the French Quarter Festival. And I cannot believe I’ll have to miss pumpkin bread. We could have the Battle of the Pumpkin Breads – my grandmother’s recipe is, I swar, the bestest in the whole world. Oh well, another time, right?

I don’t eat Splenda’d anything, it makes me die. Bring whatever you would like to bring. Cheese is always welcome.

Well, I called my sister, put off the trip to Carolina for three days, which means I will be there, with my Dog Chili, and my Onion/Mustard relish. The Chili will need microwave reheating, I imagine, if that is available. How many so far, for a ballpark guess? (Need to buy the chili makins.)

If the vegan population is high enough, I suppose I could try to make some vegan chili for the vegan hot dogs. (Can you crumble up boca burgers and make chili?) I have to check this out.

Anyway, I am looking forward to it all, the food is incidental to the company, based on past experience with the MADopers. I will keep an eye on the thread, as I will need directions and such. The usual offers of the empty seat in my Toyota, for those coming from the general region of the Vienna Metro station is tendered. (Back seat for small folks, although I certainly would not want to ride in it.)

Tris

Well, I wouldn’t want you to die. After all, I might need more clothes in the future. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe I’ll bring some assorted cheeses. No limburger. But if anyone has any requests, feel free to ask. Right now, I’m thinking standard: cheddar (mild and sharp), Swiss, maybe some provolone or something, maybe some pepper jack.

What a friend we have in cheeses…

MsRobyn came up with this at some previous date.

A party? For me? You guys are too sweet. I know it’s really just an excuse to party anyways, but I’m going to pretend it’s all about me. :slight_smile:

I’ll be there for sure, with my boyfriend. I’m not sure what I can bring - I really want to bake cookies but I haven’t had much time lately. Count on me for paper plates and a few bottles of fizzy stuff (any specific favorites?). If I have time to bake I’ll probably be making peanut butter cookies - unless someone’s allergic, in which case you’d better warn me now!

Don’t worry about accomodating anyone’s allergies (except MINE!), we’ll put a sign up. People with food allergies know enough to ask before biting.

Gingy, just to keep you posted, hubby will not be attending this one. He doesn’t have a long weekend next weekend. He says he’ll stay home and get some stuff done, taking advantage of the rest of us being gone. What he really means is he’ll sit at home and play Tetris in peace.

Therefore, you can make a normal quantity of deviled eggs, and that’ll be fine. :wink: