Mafia Reunion Day 4

I see the problem you are having. I in the first of the two posts you quoted, I was using 3P to refer to the claimed cultists. In the second one I am using 3P to refer to non-cultists third parties that we are unaware of.

Oh, we are voting Sake Squid?
Meh.
Vote Squid

I can’t believe I’m having to deign to respond to this list of crap, but it seems at least one other person has bitten on it, so I will.

1. Day One vote. I don’t know know what you expect anyone to base a day one vote on; but you’re now basing your day four votes when there is actual information on bulldrek that is as weak as my Day One vote. I probably admitted when making the vote on Hawkeye, and certainly reference often in my discussions in this and every other game that day one votes aren’t substansive because there’s nothing to go on.
  2. It wasn’t forced, phony light talk. It was light talk. I was joking. I wasn’t trying to build towny cred by ragging on the mods, I was just ragging on the mods for funs’ sake. Do you hate fun?
  3. I wanted to (and still want to at some point) see a dead LUTHA in order to verify their claim that they’re just a band of merry survivors. Losing two doctors (Doc Seward and The Wizard) in one day puts a lot more pressure on us (oh, sorry, you don’t want me to refer to the town in the first person) on Town, because Doc roles are a huge advantage to Town in the endgame, even if they’re mostly just self protectors in the early game (and bad ones at that in this game.) My priorities have changed. I don’t want Crys’ blood in particular, but I will say that I will be a happier man when one of the five of them gets hit by the mafia or wolves and we can let them settle in as a second mason team. Until we have more proof, though, the Town should remain suspicious of them.
  4. I didn’t vote PP over self concern. I voted PP because my initial reaction was to look at the second place vote-getter from yesterday. You will note that what I was concerned about turned out to come to fruition, so I’m not completely off base here: the votes are piling up on me, not him. Perhaps because of my poor play toDay, but still. I will vote out of self concern if I need to shift the balance away from me, but that’s because I know that I’m town, and I know lynching me will be our fifth mislynch of town in this game.
  5. See above. We’re on track for five mislynches of Town (in a game with 14 scum, and no less than five third parties) right now because some of you people think I used “us” for “town” too much on Night Zero and think that’s some end around way of getting everyone to love me.

I really want to win this game, but the way that people are determining scumminess is obviously not working. I bet half of the scum out there are just sitting quietly throwing in a single comment a day because that’s all it takes to stay out of the limelight and let the occasional** Idle Thoughts** (or possibly now, BoozySquid) melt-down save them.

Come on, Meeko. That stuff makes me retch. How about Sazerac Squid? Or Stoli Squid? Or just Spiritous Squid, if you’re not into that whole specificity thing?

Ah yes, it was Plumpudding. Plumpudding and CookiesHomer drooling sounds

shakes head out of dreamstate. Yeah, scummy AF.

Vote Hal Briston

All that up there. Although I will not fight to use our second lynch today on 3P if we have two viable scum ready to swing, I still don’t believe they are non-hostile. Call it semantics, but I don’t think the mods would phrase the alignment that way. It doesn’t ring true to how the rest of the roles read. We had an unreconciled death last night. It’s a fair assumption that scum hold the second Batman switch, so it’s also a fair assumption there is a 3P killer. I believe that killer is part of the cult.

Aside from your narcissistic tendencies, why do you think the wolves are out to slander you? (Sorry, if this has been asked and answered just point me to the post.)

Other’s have mentioned this, but Millers are only Bastard if it’s a closed game. Because any scum can claim it and you don’t know if they’re telling the truth. So any town who claims it has to has be lynched.

In this case, it’s an open game. We know there’s a Miller out there. That means that even if investigated as scum, the Miller just has to claim to get out of it. And any scum who false claims Miller will immediately get counterclaimed, and any townie Miller who gets false counterclaimed will still net us a scum, even if we lynch the wrong claimee.

However, if not forced to claim, the Patsy shouldn’t wait until we approach lylo to claim, because scum will counterclaim them for the chance at the mislynch if they have enough numerical advantage to sacrifice one of their own.

And Godfather’s are worse for town than Miller’s. A falsely confirmed townie is much worse than a mislynch. Godfathers in a closed game are really bastard, even if common (which is the only thing that mitigates it, people expect them so even in closed games it’s essentially an open power). Godfathers in an open game don’t mitigate the issue too much (since everyone expects them anyway).

I’m pretty sure that at least one of the moderator posts (I think it was NAF) mentioned ) that they wouldn’t necessarily random.org solely among the leaders. That’s what’s bad about it. They might random.org among any player. At least, that was the threat, IIRC. Are you willing to risk that they were merely joking about that?

Though, I will ask this:

If both lynch leaders tie, but the tie is enough to meet the second lynch threshold, will both leaders be lynched automatically, or is random.org still going to come into play?

Do you disagree with my numbers? Do you disagree that when a scum team is leading the other team they don’t need to worry as much about killing the other team at that point? Do disagree that if we are at LYLO with the currently winning scum team, we can lose the game by lynching the other scum?

If you disagree, why?

If you don’t, then why reiterate my post and spin it as if I’m being scummy?

My feeling at the time was that an Angel death was that, given her and my fight over the first two days. On more reasoned (and sober) reflection, it’s just more of the same from both scum groups: they kill people who talk too much.

Just dropping by to make sure you don’t get modkilled, or do you plan on posting more than twice toDay?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I agree with you logic FWIW. You leave out the bonus that the wolves need to even out the numbers. The next time someone flips wolf, I’ll be looking very closely at sudden shifts in their suspicions. I expect for wolves to be pushing for players they suspect are mafia. I expect the mafia to turn their attentions to the loud, suspected power roles/masons, and the claimed cultists.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Review of Koldanar.
Votes: D1-Lakai D2-SNF D3-no vote

D1.247 The Understudy vs. A wizard. More than 1 wizard?
D1.821 Catching up, but don’t trust the mods. Missed line about 1 of each role.
D1.900 Votes Lakai for jumping on the Colby bandwagon, even though Colby’s post does read as off.
D2.119 Burby targeted because of post count? Still catching up.
D2.271 Disagrees with Angel that JSG repeating her D1 suspicions was suspicious.
D2.274 Responds to Lightfoot. Defends Lakai vote on D1.
D2.278 Again to Lightfoot. Red & PCM non-posting is anti-town.
D2.285 Still to Lightfoot. Suspicious of Inner Stickler for D2.109 where he speculates on a Boozy-Angel scum show.
D2.494 Multi-lynch OK in early game. Brewha: I’m fairly confident that he’s on the up-and-up here.
D2.528 Explains to Paul about Inner.
D2.635 Confused by Crys’s motivations. Why claim?
D2.636 Asks for all 3 switch claims.
D2.645 Damn java script on mobile.
D2.819 Votes SNF. Bandwagons Guiri’s vote on SNF for voting Crys.
D2.1070 Explains to Chronos post D2.819.
D3.166 OOG: Tree fell. May be quiet.
D3.309 Disagrees with Angel when Angel asks are they still in the game.
D3.346 ToeJam: barring CC town. Does not like LUTHA voters: JohnnyB, Ender, SNF.
D3.349 Lean list. A lot of neutrals.
D3.363 Lynching 3P is a mistake.
D3.1121 Apologizes for not voting. Promises thoughts later.
D3.1132 Lack of kills on D2 could be switches
D3.1134 Explains username
D3.1135 Asks JohnnyB about why lynching 3P (Sach) is worthwhile.
D3.1140 In response to JohnnyB. Agrees with his analysis in D2.990, but still thinks 3P not a good lynch.
D3.1144 Information overload in this game.
D4.237 Diggit has been under his radar.
D4.238 Too much meta from ProfP re why are they still alive
D4.239 Agrees with Paul re meta above

Koldy only posted 3 times on D1. All of his suspicions and most of his posts on Days 2 and 3 were based around not lynching 3P. And then this from today.

Koldy, there’s obviously an unknown 3P killer out there. Do you think he should be lynched? Or are you against all 3P lynches? Why do you believe Crys’s claim, but not Sachertorte’s? Why are you so sure that the LUTHA don’t have the ability to kill?

This is a weird vote to me.

This is a good point.

Is this a normal thing to ask someone else to do now, or is it weird? To me it’s weird.
And then Prof Pepper did it! Which I also find weird.

I take issue with your characterization of my vote on Colby as a bandwagon vote. I assume you read the whole day and saw my explanation for the vote (post 326 and 752). I was reading and reacting to the Day in real time and had no idea that anyone else had seen the (now we know not a) slip or if he had votes because of it. And now that is the 3rd time I’ve explained it. I can’t speak for anyone else on your gigantic spoilered list, but everyone should make sure you haven’t mischaracterized something else as well.

I’m starting to get the hang of the multi quoting though. :smiley:

@Hoopy & Guiri: I find the discussion about whether it’s better to lynch mafia or wolves a little disingenuous since we’ve only managed to lynch town so far. Clearly either one, or even 3P, would be better than we’ve done so far.

You know, everything he does is weird. Drive-by voting’s not out of the normal Meeko range of weirdness… but his quietness recently is a bit off. I know he’s claimed frustration, but I have to say, this kind of vote just seems to smack a bit of piling onto something without any concern for the correctness of his vote.

vote: Meeko

I’m pretty sure I mentioned it up in the original post that Guiri was responding to.

It certainly would be better. Then again, we’ve only had three lynches so far. It’s not uncommon at all for town to have three mislynches going into Day 4.

But what makes this discussion disingenous? I’ll repeat the same (well similar in this case) questions I asked Guiri and add an extra bonus one:

If you disagree, why?

If you don’t, then why pin it as if I’m being scummy?

Should we not be considering the implications of the three major factions and their numbers over the long term?

And to call it disingenuous, and then smear two players with that smudge without voting is one of the best examples of smudging I’ve seen so far this game.

You might not think it’s a subject worth discussing, but to call it disingenuous? Really? Sure, I must be scummy because I can do basic math. It obviously takes perfect information to crank out numbers that are out in the open and infer the significance of them.

unvote Khameleon

vote Texcat

Now that you point it out, it does indeed seem overly conciliatory. Angel may have a good gut, but she was Vanilla. Yes she had good intentions, but we have no idea if she was right or wrong.

WTF is this crap? Have you given up? I’ve seen spurious reasons, me toos, and lazy votes before, but never a Meh.

I just was trying to keep my word and working with town. However I do need to go back and make sure who asked.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

@plumpudding: Cheers! clink chugs beer

When we can’t seem to tell the difference between scum and town, how do you propose we tell the difference between mafia and wolves? I just don’t see the point in discussing it, and can’t imagine why you do.

I mostly completed my read through on Boozahol and for now I’m going to join in the
Vote Boozahol Squid

My reasoning is a little different, well except for meh, not sure how I can disagree with that. I think for scum, it isn’t that difficult to avoid “slips” when posting. Howver, people are going to post what they think about, and what a scum thinks about is a bit different then a townie.

Booz’s posts, especially early were filled with posts discussing scum logistics and makeup, scum role strategy, switches, and third parties. Now these aren’t unhelpful topics for town, but they aren’t going to be a townie’s main focus. As a scum, pondering the two scum team setup, third party roles, and switches are more pressing concerns.

Booz’s vote history I likewise find unimpressive even putting aside the weak vote against me day one. His votes are often defensive, voting for people who have voted for him first. He also was very focused are getting rid of third parties, more so then almost anyone else.