Mafia Reunion - Day One

if it helps my vote for Lakai is post #776- I didn’t code it right so the record shows a later post as the vote post.
and I need not re comment on the most recent developments.

Unvote Colby
Vote Lakai

Admittedly, I haven’t been DVRing the entire run of “The Lakai Show”, but the binge watching here of late has turned me queasy.

Dude, you have squirmed so much on your positions, if you had a New Years Resolution to lose weight, you’ve succeeded.

“I meant fire as metaphorical”

And that’s like the first thing I read. … Uh. No. No. We don’t need this much blatant Skullduggery.

Not saying that Colby’s ““team”” wasn’t a squirm, but in contrast to Lakai… It’s nothing.

THIS.

I have been known to jump out of wagons, but in this case I am considering pouring concrete for the lawn chair.

the phrase ’ dangerous when cornered’ comes to mind- but ,it seems, to themself.

No one likes what I’m saying. I might as well dig my grave a little further then.

Is it possible for all of my posts to be scum tells? Like every single one of them?

I think this is a massive example of confirmation bias, where everyone who votes for me uses my subsequent posts as further evidence of my guilt. I wonder if anyone will claim responsibility for guessing wrong when it’s revealed that I am town? Or will everyone say their vote was justified because I was acting scummy?

I agree that a mass claim wouldn’t solve the game. I wouldn’t even advocate for it right now and, if I had to guess, I’d say it’s currently more likely to hurt Town than help. If two actually claim the same role, we’d have to determine how likely it is that there are duplicates, but that shouldn’t be too difficult to sort out in time. So of course, everyone will claim Town and most will therefore claim vanilla leaving us no closer to solving anything.

There’d be some benefit to then knowing the power roles and who to trust but that would probably be outweighed by the fact that they’re going to be the first to get targeted by scum and we won’t learn much from them. Plus, I think the Masons have no reason to out themselves right now.
Anyway, onto other matters. I saw Septimus’s claim. I still think he’s been acting fishy, but I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt right now. Thing is, I’m going to keep my vote up on him until I have someone else to switch it to. I have no problem with the train on Colby, but I don’t think adding one more does anything right now. So I want to reread through Lakai’s accusations and his responses and come back with something soon.

Ha!

Fair enough, appreciate the explanation. Do you want to explain your vote on ToeJam?

How exactly was it a vote to gain information?

I appreciated it, but not sure how it’s different to discussing other games. Others were bringing metagame info to defend Colby’s actions but not backing it up in any way.

What does that mean? Sounds like the opposite of jumping?

0% likely, that was quick. Or did you mean something else?

Well, 2 sets of masons maybe… 13 secs, 4 secs

As we’re now well under 24 hours until End of Day, with at least three lynch candidates “in the running”, here is a list of players that currently have no vote on record, by my own count:

Not voting as of this post
Prof. Pepperwinkle - 37 posts - had previously voted for EnderW24 and Koldanar
**septimus **- 33 posts - had previously voted for Pleonast, Colby11, Johnny Bravo, Prof. Pepperwinkle, AngeloftheNorth, and Colby11

No votes Today
**Crys75 **- 9 posts
**BillMc **- 5 posts
**ComeToTheDarkSideWeHanveCokies **- 4 posts
**nesta **- 4 posts
Hal Briston - 3 posts
Idle Thoughts - 2 posts
**Khameleon **- 2 posts
**Sario **- 2 posts
**MHaye **- 1 post
**Precambrianmollusc **- 1 posts

0 posts total during Night 0/Day 1, in danger of Mod-Kill
DaphneBlack
Winston Smith

That amounts to quite a few votes still on the shelf

Most of the time if a wagon gets top heavy I will leave it/not join it at all.
In this case I am progressively more convinced that Lakai’s actions/explanations don’t fit with a Town role. So somewhat out of character for me I am leaving my vote where it is.

Does that answer your question?

Hard disagree. I’ve said it before, and I’ll said it again: if somebody is using crummy logic for their suspicion, I’m going to call it out. There’s nothing suspicious about defending a player that’s on the receiving end of lackluster suspicions, and I think we should all do it. While Townies often prove to be wrong in their suspicions (if they weren’t, we’d lynch perfectly on a regular basis), scum tend to have the most lackluster reasons for doing so.

More importantly, even if what you were saying was accurate, something being “more suspicious” than what you were voted for, doesn’t somehow make you any *less *suspicious. It doesn’t work that way.

I’m really looking sideways at “(a) all votes have little evidence behind them”, as that seems like a cop-out. ‘Votes never have good reasons so I don’t need good reasons’? Nope, not gonna fly for me.

FOS Lakai

On 4, me for one. I did vote him early on today, but then ToeJam went all giving me hives.

And now I see several others got there before I did. I’m glad it’s not just me giving that post side-eye.

**unvote Johnny Bravo

[COLOR=Navy]vote Lakai

[/COLOR][COLOR=Navy][COLOR=Black]I stand by my previous vote, but I’m skeptical enough of Lakai**'s posting to feel good about hir as a lynch candidate.
[/COLOR][/COLOR]

I think that’s one thing about a game of this size, there are enough players and factions that any vote leader is likely to have what feels like a ton of votes on them. It may look like a lot, but it seems like a similar percentage to what we might see in a typical game, where it wouldn’t necessarily look so top-heavy/wagony. (I think so anyway, from eyeballing it. I did not crunch actual percentage numbers.)

For Suburban Plankton and others

Here is the most coherent case on ToeJam I’ve seen, from HookerChemical. Click the link for context.

Here’s some of the pro-ToeJam arguments. First up, my post when I cast my vote:

I’ll share HookerChemical’s take on it as well.

Then we have ToeJam’s response, from Post 124, snipped (there’s a bit in there about formatting and Roosh and whatnot that I left out):

This didn’t help him in my eyes. It’s contradictory (he’s plays more, but he’s lazier, but he plays harder, but it’s just his style, but he’s great at being scum). So which is it - are you scum or not? Scum it is, for me. Nothing I’ve seen since then has changed my mind.

There you have it. There is more out there. Others have arrived at pro-ToeJam in other ways, but these particular posts have wrapped mine up neatly.

I think you are right, as I consider it more. Shenanigans can have a connotation of naughtiness, which I did not intend. Flurry of last minute activity comes closer to what I wished to ask. So asked and answered at this point, thank you. :slight_smile:

Simulposts on ToeJam! Oh well, I hope they help someone. :smiley:

I voted for ToeJam in Post #1057.

My mistake…I marked that vote down on the wrong line.

Which also means that **raventhief **(with 17 posts) hasn’t voted today.