Mafia Reunion - Day One

Erg, I’ve actually been contemplating this myself. I don’t want meta information like that to influence my gameplay, but I went through a stretch where I was either lynched or killed in the first cycle or two. It’s demoralizing and I can totally empathize with feeling “butthurt” and being snarky and defensive. It starts to feel personal and is probably a contributing factor to my long absence from the games.

I also have been getting swayed by the current cases against Lakai. The Toejam votes I’m just not feeling as much. I still very strongly feel that Colby’s slip was real and he’s scum, but I am also willing to lynch another strong contender and let him play another Day. I’m going to go ahead and move my vote, just so if I can’t get back before end of day, it will be done. For the same reason I will revote, but I will not have time to pick out quotes from different people’s cases to support my move. It’s totally a MeToo vote and I will own that. I will also likely start Day 2 with a Colby vote, so heads up on that.

Unvote Colby

Vote Lakai****

(This is way harder to code on an iPad or phone, that with a keyboard and mouse. Jeez!)

Dammit

**Vote Lakai **

So, if my count is right, the lead votes are:

Lakai - 12 votes
Colby - 7 votes
ToeJam - 7 votes
Angel - 5 votes

I make it 11-7-7.

I support all three lynches.

I can’t believe toejam has not posted since #133, was there really that much pressure on him to make him go under the radar? 2 votes at the time to Colby’s 5.

No, I missed bufftabby, you’re correct.

I’m guessing RL. Or that he’ll at least claim RL.

questions for the ** ToeJam ** lynch supporters.

I read what was recently posted to support your stance. However the way I read it it is based mainly on comments he made Night 0. And then Day 1 posts are used as supporting evidence.
** Did ToeJam post in Night 0 that he had received his role?****

I am not going to wade through N0 to check.

I am not asking anyone else to do so for me.

• **** ToeJam ** you could easily answer this question*

Question I feel is important for the voters to ask themselves-
If so, was it before or after the posts that pinged you?

I have said before ( and will again) PMs were spread out through Night 0 - some much earlier/later than others.
I will not hang my hat on N0 comments, but you will play as you see fit as well.
not defending ToeJam, I don’t have a read for either good or evil at this time.Just trying to clarify.

So the Lakai “I didn’t understand what he meant by ‘fire’, guys” post was an utterly terrible defense that seems to have left pretty much every active player in WTF mode.

I think Lakai is more likely to be 3P than Scum, because if an entire Scum team helped come up with that defense and that’s the best they can do, they’re in big trouble.

Either way, I’m not getting a Town vibe at all after that post, so I’m cool piling on.

unvote CK
vote Lakai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not getting a towny vibe from Lakai either. I have been reading on my phone, and there is an awful lot to continue wading through, but still - there’s a hardcore ping there and it is enough for me for a D1 vote.

**Vote Lakai. **

OOG - Sunny you should come over to Giraffe and play too - there’s a vote robot and a whole Mafia forum!

Lightfoot, the post of Toejam’s from N0 that’s pinging a lot of people was him being too deferential to a few different people who were already questioning him. He could have laughed and said he didn’t even have his PM yet, so lol you guys. But he didn’t and never said that afterwards either. So I’m thinking he did have it at that point.

Regardless, other reasons for voting him (reaction to Colby, for instance; or my original vote for a specific post during day 1) have nothing to do with night zero.

Misreading a post makes you scum now? Even if I were scum, what possible goal could I achieve by lying about misreading that post?

Whelp, there goes the bandwagon. Hope you guys are right, I’m having the paranoia right now that this is both scum teams hopping on the bandwagon that is on neither of their teams.

Getting third party, if he is, would be nice in a way (esp if it’s SK), but doesn’t help us find scum.

I was curious, reading it seemed that N0 started it all. I will try to look at it with different eyes to see if I get what you got. (* as long as I don’t have to take meds for it *)

At this point I’m a pretty safe vote. Anyone voting for me will not be suspected as scum because almost everyone thinks my actions are suspicious.

Wrong. If you go down, I’ll have a close look at some of your voters, regardless of your alignment. I’m sure others will too.

I don’t think Lakai seems particularly scummy, but I never really begrudge a Day One vote. This is a mighty fast turn-around, though, at the very end of the day. At least some of this cavalcade smells of garlic or needs a full-body wax.

Note that even if he is scum, half of our scum probably think he’s Town. And that’s not even getting into the question of bussing a lost cause.

He WAS actually scum last game (as was mahaloth, in Dante’s The Thing game). But way back when town let him live into the later stages, he was a great asset to have.

Yeah, you don’t want what I got. It was less than fun. However I managed to fight off with just beer and ibuprofen.

Poor Nate! does that mean a less-than-ideal amount of sleuthjuice?

I am snipping bunches to get to the meat of things because Great Longest Day Batman!, this is one long thread. ToeJam got onto my radar due to Day 0, true that. I voted early knowing that I could switch my vote as the Day wore on. He stayed on my radar through his subsequent actions, however. I did not include all of his additional quotes (I will learn to be verbose!), but I didn’t keep my vote on him due to Day 0.

OOG - I believe I will, but maybe after we get through toDay. :stuck_out_tongue: