Mafia Reunion - Day One

I did have to drink it a lot slower. Mostly for ice cold soothing effects rather than the sleuth enhancement powers.

There is more to it than that. And you have read it.
While ( if) we have your attention. would you share with us your leans ( pro and con) before EOD?

If you are town, as you have said- then we can follow up on them .

(in reference to my asking people to claim Town or 3rd party)

The last thing you should believe of me is that I’m 3rd party. That idea isn’t evidence in favor of my Towniness, because I would have posted it as Scum, too (in fact, I’m pretty sure I have suggested very similar things as Scum, and gotten Townie credit for it). But I wouldn’t have posted it as a third party. If I were a third party, then I’d know that I’d have to claim eventually, and whether I’d need to lie in my claim. If third-party-me were going to claim honestly, then the only logical time to do so, after posting that suggestion, would be immediately. And if third-party-me weren’t going to claim honestly, then I wouldn’t even have made the suggestion.
I’ll join the chorus that Lakai’s post 1068 just looks crazy. Don’t point fingers because that might get you killed? What!? FOS Lakai. That might eventually turn into a vote, because I don’t want to end the day voting a one-off, but I want to do a re-read before then.

I think there’s some wisdom to this. The initial heat was from the “slip”, but he’s since gotten a lot of heat for not doing anything except defend himself. But when you’ve been getting as much heat as he has, pretty much all Day, it’s tough to talk about anything else besides defending yourself. It feels to me like a bunch of people (who probably include Town and Scum alike) have said to themselves “Ah, good, something I can vote for on Day 1. Whew, got that over with.”, instead of looking for other potential lynchees (of which we know there are at least 13 other good ones).

You appear to have missed a lot of context. First of all, nobody has suggested a full mass claim of roles (there probably will come a time for that, but it’s certainly not Day 1). I did suggest a mass claim of alignment, and a few people have gone along with it, but the people claiming Town aren’t saying whether they’re vanilla or powers. Second, when and if we do do a mass claim of roles, we won’t have to guess about duplicates, because we already know that (aside from Masons) there’s exactly one of each Town power role (and exactly one each of all of the Scum roles, too).

Lynching a Serial Killer on Day 1 would pretty much be a best-case scenario, significantly better than lynching a Scum. And it would actually help us find Scum, because quickly eliminating an anti-Town killer means that we’ll stay alive longer and have that much more time to hunt Scum (and whoever else needs hunting). Or, put it this way: If there is a serial killer in this game, then there are three factions we need to eliminate, and eliminating an entire hostile faction is better than eliminating 1/7 of one.

Have I ever mentioned how annoying I find it when someone says “At least some of this large set of people are probably Scum”? Over a quarter of the players in this game are Scum. Out of, what, a dozen people voting Lakai, then, we’d expect about three Scum. It’d be quite remarkable if there weren’t any, but even if we knew with absolute certainty that there was at least one (we don’t), looking in that set of players wouldn’t give us any better odds than just looking at the game as a whole.
And I’m not sure what to think of ToeJam: As I understand it, most of the heat on him now is because he hasn’t been back since he started getting votes. On the one hand, it seems like that’s more likely to be real life interfering, because surely if he were trying to lay low, he’d post at least a little, to prevent people from noticing that he wasn’t posting at all. On the other hand, though, he’s also a good enough player that he’d know that people would have that reaction. And on the gripping hand, from what I’ve heard of his playstyle (not having played much with him myself), he’s the sort who just might try a meta-tactic like that as Scum, just to see if it worked.

Snipping a post to focus on a single point is quite fine. cutting sentences in half and leaving out the point of the post, however, is frowned upon. Thank you

My Q has to do with this
if he had not gotten your attention N0 would his D1 posts be vote worthy still?

Psst, Sunny, over here.

I still think **Colby **is Scum.

I don’t think **Lakai **is Scum. His posts are just “too perfect”…he’s either 3rd Party or just having a really, really bad game.

I don’t think **ToeJam **has posted enough to be able to make a call. True, he was prolific during Night 0, but I have to assume that some of those posts came before he had his Role PM, and I’m not about to try to guess which ones were which.

This approach is consistent with her town play. It doesn’t mean that Angel or Guiri are town, but it isn’t a scum tell for her and is consistent with her approach.

It reminds me a little of the way I fished for “toy types” in the Toy Story game when I was third party with a toy type related goal. Maybe the third party needs to kill or ID another third party.

Yes. Post 173. My issues with ToeJam begins around Post 412.

and what better way to narrow the field- 'e started the idea early in the game, didn’t 'e? Hmmmm

Thank you for that it gives me better perspective on the case(s) - * the two I read seem to be from the same posts /points*

I think the vote counts show my vote as Angel. But I switched to Total Lost after the septimus kerfuffle. Post 716.

All that to say Unvote Total Lost

I didn’t like the previous case against Lakai, but given the weird commentary about getting killed and about Colby’s arsonist remark (which remark still puzzles me), now I get it. I think those who suggest 3rd party may be onto something.

Vote Lakai

Just under 17hrs left till Dusk.

Can we get an official vote count?

I don’t know, but I certainly agree with you on that. But I’m not talking about the entire set of people voting for Lakai. I’m talking about the last 4 or so, as he took over the vote lead and then became our almost certain (given how much time is left) lynch target.

Yeah sure, gimme a half hour or so

I’m pretty sure you’re considering my case in the WOW one of the cases, based on the too-helpful attitude, self contradictions, and 180 on Colby.

Are you referring to the case that ToeJam was derpclearing as the other case? I didn’t look into where the derpclear statement was.

DAY ONE VOTE COUNT
As a quick reminder - there are no powers, hidden or open, that can affect the vote count. If you see an apparent discrepancy, it’s the result of moderator error.

Lakai (14 votes) - Inner Stickler (257), snfaulkner (295), RedSkeeziz(319), Plumpudding(647), Light Foot (883), Koldanar (900), Guiri (977), Scathach (1031), AngeloftheNorth (1078), Hockey Monkey (1102), Drain Bead (889), Raventhief (1109), Meeko (1082), jsgoddess (1129)

ToeJam (7 votes) - Sunny Daze (113), Hooker Chemical (184), sinjin (200), Sachertorte (534), Captain Klutz(796), Normal Phase (1011), Prof. Pepperwinkle (1057)

colby11 (6 votes) - Texcat (91), ToeJam (132), Hawkeye(350), Nanook(455), brewha (683), Pleonast (841), Suburban Plankton (1026)

Angelofthenorth (5 votes) - Zeriel(413), TotalLost(492), Boozahol Squid PI (546), Lakai (1006), Meeko (1082))

PLAYERS WITH 1 VOTE:
Pleonast (1 vote) - Thing Fish (794)
septimus (1 votes) - Enderw24 (243)
Thing Fish (1 vote) - Chronos (917)
snfaulkner (1 vote) - diggitcamera (264)
Normal Phase (1 vote) - Johnny Bravo (36),
Texcat (1 vote) - Scathach(758)
scathatch (1 vote) - Hoopy Frood (798)
brewha (1 vote) - Colby11 (946)
brewha (1 vote) - Biotop (958)

Promoted Slogan - YOUR SLOGAN HERE
–paid for by mahanafteller industries–

Innovation for the…something

Lakai is now the lynch leader and if nothing changes, he will be the one to be lynched.

Here is a countdown to the end of Day.

I still notice that brewha has two votes, which are listed individually. Not that it matters much at this point. 41 votes cast out of 54. Tomorrow may well prove to be a lot of fun.

Shoot, that’s an artifact from an old copy actually. One of those votes is actually on Chronos. I’ll correct again.

Players with one vote are
PLAYERS WITH 1 VOTE:
Pleonast (1 vote) - Thing Fish (794)
septimus (1 votes) - Enderw24 (243)
Thing Fish (1 vote) - Chronos (917)
snfaulkner (1 vote) - diggitcamera (264)
Normal Phase (1 vote) - Johnny Bravo (36),
Texcat (1 vote) - Scathach(758)
scathatch (1 vote) - Hoopy Frood (798)
brewha (1 vote) - Colby11 (946)
Chronos (1 vote) - Biotop (958)

I apologize if I have over-edited. I will stop snipping and start spoilering instead.

I cannot answer that I think, at this moment. He did get my attention Day 0. (I feel a bit Meeko-ish now.) I’m not sure I can excise that awareness from my worldview. It is also true, however, that I believe honestly that his behavior since Day 0, that is on Day 1, has kept it. I believe that to be valid.

In the spirit of complete intellectual honesty, I will go back and re-assess, as if Day 0 had not existed, as much as I can.

13 votes still unaccounted for? A lot of craziness can happen.

the back to back posts on page 22 yes