Mafia Reunion - Day Three

Here is the analysis of the brewha wagon I promised (other than the case on Drain Bead.:()

Chronos of blessed memory pointed out brewha’s lie at post 536. At that time, the voting was very spread out; Pleonast led with only three votes, and six others were tied with two. Then, the pile-on began.

crys75 claimed shortly thereafter and attracted voters; at one point, she actually led brewha 8-7. Then, seven people piled onto brewha in pretty short order:raventhief, paulwhoisaghost, Khameleon, Lakai, Hooker Chemical, Meeko, and Toejam.

Here’s the Mod votecount at post 866, about 16 1/2 hours before EoD:

1 – brewha (17 votes) – Chronos (538), Biotop (543), Boozahol Squid (556), Cometothe…Cookies (575), sachertorte (576), bufftabby (622), Drain Bead (638), raventhief (646), paulwhoisaghost (702), Khameleon (716), Lakai (720), HookerChemical (722), Meeko (726), ToeJam (730), crys(743), Johnnyb(767), Profpepper(794)

2- Crys75 (10 votes) – Sunny Daze (568), Hockey Monkey (584), DiggitCamara (588), AngeloftheNorth (595), Texcat (639), Captain Klutz (640), snfaulkner (641); jsgodess(795), Hawkeyeop(803), Zeriel(860)

Pleonast (2 votes) – Lightfoot (288), Thing Fish (297)

PLAYERS WITH ONE VOTE:
ToeJam (Idle Thoughts – 32); Hockey Monkey (Hoopy Frood – 665); Texcat (Plumpudding – 68); Thing Fish (Pleonast -121); Chronos (Nanook – 151); sachertorte(brewha - 806); snfaulkner(1)(koldanar -819)
Just after that, this dialogue begins: (the very first quoted post is actually from paulwhoisaghost around 699)

jsgoddess nicely explains why this makes no sense:

This makes no sense at all. A hypothetical Townie holding the other Batman switch would somehow know that the other switch was held by scum, and know to counterclaim:confused:

I explore the question further (snipped):

Then,** Biotop** quotes my post and begins the eleventh-hour evacuation from the** brewha** and crys wagons and onto ToeJam. I agree with everything he said here, and judging from the vote shift it was a widespread sentiment.

I have bolded the part which, IMO, is the major reason people decided lynching** brewha** was a bad idea.

It is my theory that scum realized this earlier than we did, and embraced the** brewha** lynch wagon. I’m sure many of the 17** brewha** voters in the vote count above were Town, but I’m betting scum are overrepresented there, and I imagine I will be voting within that group Today. I am especially suspicious of those who hung back at first and then jumped on** brewha** when the** crys** wagon looked like a serious threat: raventhief, paulwhoisaghost, Khameleon, Lakai, Hooker Chemical, Meeko, and Toejam.

paul aggressively confronts Biotop about his vote switch:

This makes no sense. Biotop doesn’t want** brewha** to be lynched, so he should…vote for brewha?

A bit later, sachertorte claims Lutha. Again,** paul’s** only response to this development is to view it as a threat to the** brewha** lynch which he is clearly very invested in.

I think paul comes out of this looking pretty scummy, but at least he isn’t lurking, so I’ll hold off on the vote for now.

I’m done for tonight. See you all tomorrow.