Mafia Reunion - Day Two

Hi people - just checking in. I’ve been following along since the start of the game, but now I’ll have to go back and read the rules and roles in more detail - I’ll get better caught up tomorrow.

Sachertorte did leave breadcrumbs. They look pretty convincing to me. Why do you dismiss them?

There are more than one reasons to bus a townie besides to save scum. I think Scum want me dead by that last min attempt to get me killed (and it was pretty damn close). IF one of the people on **Brewha **had switched over to me, we woulda had a tie. I think people are desperate to kill me for some reason, partly also because I’m actually participating and most of their arguments are “well, he lurked”, when I’ve given a valid reason for why I’m not participating much on the weekdays.
→ I still think that vote pileup going from 1 vote to suddenly 14 votes is SUPER scummy, and if Town was involved in that, that’s really shit playing, Town. We can do better than that. Especially because a lot of those votes were just “me too” votes or “D1” votes without any comment to my defenses.

1. I do agree with your Breadcrumbs. That’s what I was expecting if that Cultist role was real- someone to be making “Leave us the hell alone or Luther or LUTHA” comments during the N0 or D1 especially because noone would be looking for it. So for that you get Cultist Credibility.

However, I’m still paranoid because “Non-Hostile” is easy to change from “Hostile”. Especially because what’s the value in linking up your fellow cultists one by one? In a chain reaction? That sort of a mechanism reeks to me of there being powerups or needing to discover all of you guys to unlock an ability. Like if 4 of the 5 of you or 5 of the 5 of you connect, you guys become a scum faction or have an alt. win condition.

That’s why I don’t trust you Cultists and 3rd parties. I’m always pro-Vigging you guys if there’s a mandatory Vig who doesn’t have a good read on people.
So it’s not your role that I worry about, it’s your win condition/powers.
-Because you could have let **Chrys **die, but you stuck your neck out at the end of the Day to protect Chrys, and then you started up the RooshBus. That plus you’re pro-Double Lynching… I don’t like how you’re playing trying to speed up the kills.

I love you too, buddy, and the feeling is mutual. I want *you *dead. :stuck_out_tongue:
You’re my Anti-StoryTeller, every Mafia game. A strong conniving player who I expect the best from. Including a fake Cultist Claim if you were scum to try to push it through. I respect your skills. But we always seem to end up in each others necks every Mafia game we’ve played. Hence my Anti-Storyteller. :cool:

This.
The whole “postcount” = activity is bullshit. I tend to post super long screeds/multiple thoughts per post. Others put one little thing. It’s not just a numbers game here, and that’s a bullshit way to just allow true lurker- to always post enough to not be at the bottom, but to post nothing of value other than “Go town” “Oh no town” type of posts or “I’m catching up” “Oh the game is so daunting” etc. It’s fluff that gets forgotten about and allows people to hide when people just pull up raw numbers.

Toejam, are you planning to do any scum hunting at all this game, or just whine about how unfair it is that people are voting for you? It’s the fucking height of arrogance that you would expect to be the daykill, despite having done NOTHING to help Town all game.

Awww… so salty. :rolleyes:

Would you believe that you’re someone who fits the above example of Lurking in plain sight? You posted 20+ times toDay. Yet, in an easy readthrough (and I say easy because of your fluff), only about 5-6 of them had any content. How’s that compared to my Filler/Fluff ratio for toDay, buddy? So stay in your Lane, and you hunt for scum your way, and I’ll do things my way.

There’s more than one way to lurk as you’re showing, and there’s more than one way to work for the Town even if you don’t have the time to play as much as the others. So my weekdays may suck, but I’ll be trying my best to do what’s best for the Town when I can.
-R

As a townie who pulled off brewha to (re) vote you, I think you just made more sense than brewha in a few ways. You were very nearly modkilled for non participation - which is not very helpful to town. You were one of three leading lynches on D1 - and the other two are now dead and confirmed Town. If either of of those 2 candidates gained votes to protect someone, you’re the likely one. Your vanishing act loaned credence to that. If you had popped in at any time before getting a modnote then your defense might have been more believable. Brewha turned out to be town, who presumably did have a switch, which throws sole control of a Town power into possibly unfriendly hands. I am willing to give Crys a bit of a shot-- though that may end up as “shit town playing” as well.

I’ll take that as a “no”.

These are fair complaints.
Rebuttals (i put the numbers into your posts):

1. I agree. Non-participating is unhelpful for town. I got a message on FB about it, and since then I have been participating. I cannot defend my being a non-participant. But I can hope that my participation SINCE showing up would be an argument to my non-participating.
    –My counterpoint to that is- there are plenty of people who have been participating but not really posting content, thoughts, or anything but fluff [Read over thingfish’s day 2 posts for examples. Or Hal Briston’s, or Idle Thoughts]. Are all of them scum? Probably not. Real life does get in the way. If you wanted to lynch all lurkers, fair enough then. However, if you’re going to claim lynch all lurkers when someone shows examples of no longer lurking, then… I can never do anything to redeem myself can I?
    — So basically, if it’s Day 5 and I’m alive, are you still going to point to my Day 1 of not being here until I was ModPoked as scummy? Or a Null-Tell?

2. Yeah. I dislike the first sentence of this but expect it. Two other people besides me were lynch leaders, and are dead. But it’s a false analogy to simply claim that because they’re Town, I must be the scum. It could be (and it is unfortunately) Shit playing by Town, Day 1. I’m not whining about that though.
    –The second sentence is valid though. If people were trying to move votes around to protect people- then yeah. I do look scummy for that. I’ll take that care.
    —> I’d argue though that toDay there was def. an attempt to Bus me in the last hour. Very few people were really trying to save me this time, but rather pile on as many votes as possible onto me in that last min. That’s pretty suspicious.

3. I’d argue my “vanishing act” lends credence actually to the opposite. I did NOT post at ALL after life got busy. Including to where I was nearly lynch leader. Now if I was scum, that’s a REALLY REALLY ballsy Day 1 move to just stay silent the ENTIRE time and hope that my scumbuddies are all going to save me. It’s going to put intense heat on me, and it’d make my scum buddies all look scummy as hell too.

4. Actually, if I was scum, the smarter play would have been to show up during the Night. Because as one of the **Mods **had mentioned toDay that if they don’t post during the Day AND Night, they’d be modkilled. Me showing up during the Day (and not even in like the final Day, but enough time to participate) lends more credibility to Town vs. Scum. Or at best, a Null Tell. But if I was scum, it’d be far easier to show up at Night, be apologetic, and promise to start playing from here on out. So I think you should give me a point for that one.

5. Yeah. That part does suck. For what it’s worth, I hate the whole switch concept thing. But yeah. For me i did think he was lying about being Town, but part of it was from that superconvoluted plan about everyone targetting him. As i had forgotten about the watcher roles, and then once I realized that- it seemed super sketchy to me. But I own up that I did vote a Townie and at the end of the Day yeah. That’s on me, but would I have unvoted to allow myself to tie in the lynch? No. :frowning:

Thanks, Raven for your comments.
-R

Look I can fluff too! :rolleyes:

Look at our post counts get soooo big… Mhmmmm… We’re so Bigly.

So you acted against town by casting a vote that you felt was shitty but did it anyway to blend in… that’s what scum do.

You claimed to be playing the game vanilla town, so much so that you didn’t even use your investigation power, and yet not so vanilla that you would put in the work to cast a vote on someone you believe to scum, Toejam, but rather a shitty vote so you can hide?

You role claim under no pressure, for no apparent reason other than to relieve suspicion of Crys when the vote count was 16-10. But you didn’t think Crys was in any danger of lynch.

You then unvote Brewha, making the vote count 15-10. Bringing your only known teammate a vote closer to being the lynch leader.

Your actions are not consistent with someone whose win condition is for someone from your team to survive.

Am I alone in thinking this doesn’t add up?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

sachertorte, I appreciate that you LUTHAs just want to be left alone and you say you are going to play as a vanilla Townie to help us win. You are experienced and knowledgeable in game theory, I think. That experience/talent would be an asset for Town.

Does this mean I can trust you to answer a question truthfully, right now, with Town’s best interest at heart? Because a thought occurred to me on the way home from work. Will I get your honest take on it if I ask? Or maybe you can already anticipate the question…?

I’m not with you on this.'after sleep I might b able to make it clearer

Eh… total lost does get quite as town when she is wrong… and falling behind is seems to be exponential in this game.

I had to stop myself from clamming up after Brewha’s reveal. Well that and seeing that i was responsible for roughly 10% of the posts in D2. If I’m being so vocal and getting things wrong… that’s harmful to town. I’m gonna try to post less, but hope that others post more as the game progresses.

I challenged Total Lost to do this because I really don’t understand how he warranted such a profound surge in the last 24 hours of the Day. I’m hoping her comparison will change some minds. So we aren’t playing lynch the lurker on D3 with a player that has shown participation.

A suggestion to the vig toNight: I think a claimed cultist is a poor choice of target. We do want to find out more about them, but there is no rush. They are virtually certain not to be scum, and we do need to hit scum.

That’s my $0.02. Use your best judgment.

Quite often 3rd parties are treated like scum. I mean are you trying to tell me that your big won’t take shots at us? I wish that sachertorte hadn’t claimed but they have so I will investigate them and disclose my results if I wake up tomorrow. I will leave the switch alone tonight as I am taking the suggestion I was given somewhere upthread

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Can you detail what made you come full circle from originally wanting to lynch Crys to now defending her?

I don’t dismiss them. But they don’t overcome the other issues I have with the claim. Those other issues bug me even after I remind myself about the breadcrumbs. The amount of deep diving it would take to ensure the info in the breadcrumbs wasn’t available prior to then is overwhelming.

There was already a vote pile up on ToeJam on D1and no one caught heat for being part of it. I can see how scum would help push a wagon forward or outright starting one, and then abandoning it when it reached enough votes that the lynch was unlikely to change even without their vote. That way they have some semblance of control over the lynch and don’t attract suspicion when the lynch victim flips town. Following this logic a repeat pile on of Toejam would be a relatively safe place to park a vote.