Not a medical professional, but I had a job for over three years writing custom abstracts of medical literature. Any bizarre case reports that appeared in the daily workload got noted and passed around, whether they dealt with choking on live fish, having a toxic reaction to Earl Grey tea, or smoking Jimson weed. And there were a lot of sexual mishaps. Here’s some:
–“Diffuse feculent peritonitis” due to feces leaking from a tear in the rectal wall. Patient, a farmer, eventually confessed the tear was due to sexual relations with a boar.
–Priaprism, followed by inflammation, scarring and loss of erectile function, due to grinding up Viagra, mixing it with lidocaine and injecting the mixture directly into the penis.
–A paper in a forensic journal titled “Bizarre Impalement Fatalities: Where is the Weapon?” included a case of a man who liked to insert the leg of a tall wooden stool up his backside. One day he lost his balance and fell on the stool, driving the leg all the way up to his diaphragm. He managed to pull himself off the furniture before expiring; his wife, upon finding the body, then hid the stool, complicating the investigation.
–Autoerotic electrocution. I can’t recall the details, only the obvious moral of the tale: if you must take electrical devices to bed, stick to battery power and avoid those that plug into the wall.
That last one was also in a forensic journal, which makes me wonder what **gabriela ** can contribute to this thread.