Michigan Summer Dopefest

Pers, I’ll throw in my my usual waffle, and say keep me informed. The only one that might be doable is June 23-24, as the other ones land during vacation. Uh, when is Father’s Day this year? I know I have something going on that weekend, too.

Persephone, I’ll probably crash on someone’s couch if that’s okay. I love kids, so its not a problem.

I’ll bring my guitar, to make Mr. Persephone wince with my amateurish playing.

you love kids? may I offer you mine? he’s housebroken (having broken many, many things around the house), 16, stands 6/1 (handy for reaching those tall things in the upper shelves) and has attitude to spare!

Magdalene: Bringing your guitar is a great idea! You’re just not allowed to play “Freebird.”

wring: Will the boy still be grounded by the time summer rolls around? You can bring him along, and he can help babysit. :smiley:

still grounded or grounded again will probably both be good possabilities. (I’m an optimistic) :smiley:

What this thread needs is a :: bump ::

Shadow, thanks for bumping. I thought I’d heard rumor of a MI Summer Dopefest.

I can make the June date but from the 4th on, we’re going up to the UP for a quick vacation. Father’s Day is the 17th.

I’ll see if I can grab a few pounds of venison burger from my dad…anyone interested in Bambi Burgers?

It’ll be great to see everyone sans snow, horrible driving conditions, and dingy waitresses.

tsarina, been on campus yet? Stop and say hi!

Pers, wassup?!(ouch, stop hitting, I swear that’s the first time I’ve ever said it!!)

I’m not sure I have the technical capacity to play “Freebird”, even if I wanted to.

(just doing my bumping duty)

Okay, how do we get CrankyAsAnOldMan to show up? I love all you Michigan Dopers so much, maybe there should be some kind of contest to see who is my favorite.

Shameless flirt!

I’ll be there if we’re not out of town. How’s that for a firm commitment?

We have no vacation plans settled yet, so that’s why I have no date preference.

BunnyGirl: Venison burger doesn’t turn me on too much. Venison chops, roast, or steaks, on the other hand…:smiley:

magdalene:

This will please xploder and Mr. Persephone greatly. Although they do a bang-up job playing it, they hate it. Most rock musicians do. I don’t know why. :smiley:

I will confer with xploder sometime this week and try & narrow down the date. Oh, and if anyone has any food or drink requests, or special diets, or musical requests (anyone that plays an instrument is more than welcome to bring it along, but if it’s electric, you’ve gotta bring your own rig) please let us know! :smiley:

Bambi Burgers are ALWAYS appreciated.

Freebird non-playing is NOT a prerequisite as we played it last year :slight_smile: And Persephone’s hubby did DAMN well on the slide guitar, so, don’t let her fool ya <g>.

Hopefully, funds permitting, we can, once again, rent a huge party tent. Don’t count on it though. If nothing else, we will have my bigass tent as well as, perhaps, a screen tent for the more scared-to-death-of-bugs people.

Oh yeah…my puppy, who is rapidly becoming a HUGE puppy will be there…Black Lab and friendly as a preacher asking for money :slight_smile:

Probably because of the tendency for stupid, drunk rednecks to stand up in the middle of an emotional sweet set and yell “Freebird!!!” doing that thumb-pointyfinger-pinky thing, spilling beer on the people in front of them. It’s a scary sight to see the redneckius stupidius in full swagger mode; some people have had to undergo therapy after viewing it. Please, don’t try this at home.

Re: Venison steaks, etc, I’ll see what Dad has in the ol’ freezer. He mostly turns his into burger 'cause that’s what he’ll the most of, but who knows what lurks down in that cold place? :smiley: I’ll try to bring enough of something so that everyone can at least have a little. I don’t want to clean him out too much!

Oh boy! Doper get-together, Doper get-together!

Not sure if we covered this in Twisty’s recent thread, but…

We’re getting there…our internet presence is always growing. And apparently we’re huge in Germany! :smiley:

We’re really only famous here in Columbus, Ohio. I get stopped on Ohio State campus all the time…“Hey aren’t you that guy in JWJ?!”

Only time will tell how famous we get…

As for the dopefest, I probly won’t be able to make it. My fiancee changed the wedding date to July 7th, and the band will probly be touring the east coast for most of June… :frowning:

Maybe next time…

What we need here is yet another

BUMP

I’m glad to see there’ll be a lot of people there, though.

LL <-- the one who straddles between Michigander and Ohioan [sub]and therefore has to fill out two state tax forms this year <ugh>[/sub]

I’ll throw caution to the wind and say I’ll be there.

(if you don’t mind, that is!)

It will be about time for a visit to the family (Parents in GR, real father in Fenton, ILs in Toledo) so I’ll just make a stop there with ToddlerNym.

I’ll just need a firm date so I can secure plane tickets, but I’m all for it.

We have a firm date of June 23/24.

Now all I gotta do is get my damn car fized which decided to go spelunking in one of our major potholes last night :frowning:

fized = fiXed dammit…PREVIEW, PREVIEW, PREVIEW!!!

Okey-dokey. It’s on my calendar.

And my calendar as well. As much as anythign is ever on a calendar for me.

LL

To all and sundry…

The menu, tentative as it may be at hit point, is as follows:

1. Beef ribs and pork ribs, both BBQ’d and spiced
  2. Boneless chicken breasts
  3. Bambi meat however I can fix it, if BunnyGirl brings it
  4. Hotdogs and burgers
  5. Cheese, crackers and sausages
  6. Various similar munchy type thingies

I will have White Grenache as Persephone likes it and I wanna get a better pic of her guzzling it straight from the bottle :smiley:

I’m gonna make George - be forewarned, it’s very potent - which tastes like lemonade.

I’m going to try and get Fosters, Guinness and perhaps one or two other specialty beers. We’ll definitely have a LOT of el cheapo Busch as Mrs X like is.

QUESTION:

What other things would people like? I would like suggestions of drinks and/or food.

p.s. I’ll have a stereo outside this time so we’ll have things to listen to until we get all the musical things set up.

p.p.s. If you have an instrument, by all means bring it!!!

PARTY IS OPEN TO ALL MEMBERS OF SD AND THEIR FRIENDS/FAMILY!!!

p.p.s.s. psssst…hey Sue Duhnym, makes sure ya bring your dartboard - for after we ship the kids off to bed.