Mike Pence in 2024-- please tell me it's not happening

Pence might be the dumbest coward in politics today. And thats saying something. Does he really think that fence exists to try and straddle anymore?

Once you’ve experienced a barbed wire butt-flossing…

When you’re the target of a lynch mob but you find it expedient to deny that the lynch mob existed- well you’re pretty much the definition of cowardice.

It should probably be removed from the calendar just to be safe. If people are worried about the year’s being out of sync we can just have two September 11ths to make Rudy happy.

I wouldn’t count him out just yet. I mean, look at the continued success of his mentor, Dan Quayle.

Trying to type this w/o gagging on my keyboard… but apparently Iowa repubs are not wanting Pence to run. Trump had a rally in Iowa recently and Jordan Klepper of The Daily Show went.

48 seconds in and, ouch, Pence gets burned:

He’s still at it.

It’s been half a decade now, and when I see shit like this I still exclaim, “TRUMP!”, they’re enthusiastic and willing to die for donald fucking trump!! of all people! It’s been abundantly clear what an amoral egomaniacal asshole he is, and that he doesn’t give a rat fuck about them.

Yep, it’s just mind boggling. The strangest thing I’ve ever seen. Well, except for that one thing I’m not allowed to talk about.

These people are completely immune to facts and reason (but probably not COVID).

That they have not yet crawled back under their rocks is troubling.

Maybe the light of day will eradicate their beliefs. That would be a good thing. But it’s not working so far.

His sentences could be longer.

I just plain old think Mr. Mother doesn’t want to run for POTUS.

Thanks, boss!

Just a short post to note that I am the OP of the thread, and am proud it is still alive after one year. I have not been posting to it, as it’s taken on a life of its own, and my original query was answered a long time ago; however, I have eagerly been reading it. I love me some thread drift, and I like that this has not gone on to be about tacos, or AA, but it’s gone on.

Carry on.

I dunno, I mean, some guys just are into the humiliation thing, y’know?

Does Pence like tacos?

I’d certainly understand if he developed a drinking problem.

Not a welcome spotlight for him:

“There are those in our party who believe that as the presiding officer over the joint session of Congress that I possessed unilateral authority to reject Electoral College votes. And I heard this week that former President Trump said I had the right to ‘overturn the election,’” Pence said in a speech Friday to a local chapter of the Federalist Society in Florida.

“President Trump is wrong. … I had no right to overturn the election,” he said. “The presidency belongs to the American people, and the American people alone. And frankly there is almost no idea more un-American than the notion that any one person could choose the American president.”

“Under the Constitution, I had no right to change the outcome of our election. And Kamala Harris will have no right to overturn the election when we beat them in 2024,”

Pence’s speech was given at the Federalist Society - Neil Gorsuch also spoke, make of that what you will - and some political observers are of the opinion that this is yet another signal of the party carefully moving away from candidate Trump.

If so, it lends credence to the theory that the FedSoc was content to use Trump to get three more of their judges onto the SC but now would rather he just go away.