Mini LondonDope October 6/7/8?

Heresy! :slight_smile:

But I’m all for it, always good to try something new. I think I’m going to try all the recommended bars during my stay anyway, so keep those suggestions coming!

Right. I only just heard about this thanks to Tir, but you can definitely count me in. Any night should be fine for me, but the 8th would be best. Always nice to break up a working week with a laugh and some good company, eh? looking forward to meeting all of you who didn’t make it to the last londope. Anyone know if Lobsang or jjim are coming?

Personally, looking at things again, I’d prefer the 6th or 7th, seeing as I have to teach on Thursday morning, and I do not want to be hungover, or exhausted…

***Oct. 6                    Oct. 7                 Oct. 8***
Coldfire                      Yes                       Yes                    Yes
Heloise                       Yes                       Yes                    Yes
paulberserker                 Yes                       Yes                    Yes
Angua                         Yes                       Yes                    No
garius                        ?                         ?                      ?
London_Calling                Yes                       Yes                    Yes
fizzy                         ?                         ?                      ?
qts                           ?                         ?                      ?
Gyrate                        No                        Yes                    Yes
Shade                         ?                         ?                      ?
Sir Doris                     ?                         ?                      ?
kferr                         Yes                       Yes                    Yes
Tir Tinuviel                  Yes                       Yes                    Yes
Crusoe                        Yes                       Yes                    Yes

How’s about this, then? :slight_smile:

Looks like the 7th is our date, lads and lasses.

now someone needs to pick the venue.

i like high powered lager. not bothered if its imported or not.

(this does not include Stella. im too old to drink loopy juice)

Ye Old Cheshire Cheese seems to be mentioned often, and has met approval. How’s about that?

suits me. i am confident witty person who enjoys shaking hand with the fresh face!

(to quote one of my old students personal statement)

insert smiley etc

***Oct. 6                    Oct. 7                 Oct. 8***
Coldfire                      Yes                       Yes                    Yes
Heloise                       Yes                       Yes                    Yes
paulberserker                 Yes                       Yes                    Yes
Angua                         Yes                       Yes                    No
garius                        ?                         ?                      ?
London_Calling                Yes                       Yes                    Yes
fizzy                         ?                         ?                      ?
qts                           ?                         ?                      ?
Gyrate                        No                        Yes                    Yes
Shade                         ?                         ?                      ?
Sir Doris                     ?                         ?                      ?
kferr                         Yes                       Yes                    Yes
Tir Tinuviel                  Yes                       Yes                    Yes
Crusoe                        Yes                       Yes                    Yes
**kabbes                        Yes                       Yes                    Yes**

Fancy including me in the OP and leaving me out of the table.

This is provisional though. I get even busier than the usual insanely busy at this time of year and there is a better than even chance that I’ll still be in the office at 11pm on the chosen day. Work issues aside, I shall endeavour.

pan

I can in no way cope with getting my name that table - but I just got my Uni timetable and can confirm I’m free on the 7th & 8th.

bump

Can we have a decision please? One of my non-Doper friends who lives in London will be joining us, and I’d like to give him a decision soon.

Can I therefore humbly put foreward October 7th as the date for our MiniDopeFest therefore, and allow someone more knowledgeable than I to pick a pub?

are we not going to the chesire cheese on the 7th?

Of course! D’oh! I’m seriously not with it today.

Heh. Yes, Ye Old Cheshire Cheese, October 7. What time shall we convene? 18:00 or thereabouts? Or: between 18:00 and 19:00, to keep it appropriately vague?

appropriate.

Cool, I’ll book the 7th and 8th off now. I’ll probably wander into London around mid-day to have lunch at The Texas Embassy if you’d like to join me.

I’ll be there.

No, Sir Doris, I wasn’t eaten by a Komodo Dragon, but I did go and see them and got VERY close. Photos on the 7th if anyone’s interested.

Tir, I hope you’ll be turning up. It’s not the same without you!

This mini-Dope is a nice idea but does anyone think we can fit one more ‘proper’ Lon- or Brit-dope in before the end of the year? I missed the last one so I’m kind of keen to see y’all again.

Hey Ianzin good to see ya back!
You gonna bring photos?

I’ll do my best to make it down to this one. I got a monkey with your name on it just begging to be smashed. (You’ll have to sort out any additional sheets though!) :slight_smile:

I reckon we should all do a Hallow-Dope, in costume! :smiley:

[sub]hey, at least I’ll look normal! ;)[/sub]

Can’t do the 8th - will be in Berlin. Monday I’m seeing friends who I would usually go out with on Wedenesday, but won’t be because I’m in Berlin. Tuesday I have a class till 9ish, but could come up for last orders perhaps?

(Ever feel like you’re trying to fit several lives into one?)

Gah, missed the second page! Well, the 7th it is then. How convenient for me!

Bugger. Can’t make it now. Stuck in fecking Reading working 13 hour days. If things change I’ll be there, but I’m not counting on it.