Minor things you find you are surprisingly judgemental about

• I look down on people who let their kids stay up late (I hear kids playing in the nearby park at 10 or 11pm!).

• I look down on people who send chain e-mails and other such glurge.

• I look down on people who mispronounce words like “Hors D’oerves” (horsey dorves), adament “a - dament”, etc…

Same here. It always makes me think of those tiny purse dogs that shake all the time. Everything makes them nervous or excited.

I judge enormous run-on sentence writers, too, the polar opposite of excessive punctuators.

hi how are you i’m good are you going to the store with us today i want to go have lunch first is that ok oh and lets go to the big mall not the little crappy one the big one has a macys and a tgi fridays

This can go on for whole paragraphs. Well, not really paragraphs. It’s like the punctuators use up all the exclamation points & question marks so nobody else has any.

Why is that in quotes?

I admit my view isn’t rational or defensible. It’s something I wish I didn’t do. But I do judge people based on this. And what is hard is one of my closest friend’s wives, who is an absolute sweetheart in almost every way, is a constant chewer. Maybe exposure to her will help me shake my prejudice.

People who don’t take their grocery carts back to the cart return areas on the parking lot. It takes 20 seconds!

(pass given for mothers with small children who may not want to leave their kids alone in the car or the disabled - everyone else - YOU SUCK).

I look down on people who feel entitled because of their lack of money.

I’m very judgemental:
-people who smoke, especially kids in their teens and 20’s. Are you stupid, or just stupid?
-people who pimp luxury cars. The Lexus doesn’t need big rim spinners, tires with 3" sidewalls, black tinted windows all around and a big “Gangsta” decal across the back window. It’s like shitting on the Mona Lisa, or something. And by the way, kid- how’d you afford that?
-people who choose to drink any Budweiser product.
-men in tank tops, unless you’re at the beach or pool.

There are a lot more, but I’d probably offend people if I shared.

I’m a little puzzled by the one about people who “don’t drink” refusing to have one glass of beer or wine- I realize these are irrational by nature, but this one really makes me go :dubious:.

As soon as the store puts me on the payroll, I will be glad to work for them.

People who use the self checkout lane but don’t know fuck-all about how to use it and need to call a cashier over to scan their 400 purchases.

I have a pack of gum, a six pack of beer, and a bottle of mustard. Get the hell out of the way and let me use the self-checkout lane for its intended purpose.

I was wondering that too–I don’t drink, and that means that I never drink alcohol. Nope, not even one glass of wine, that would be drinking, which I don’t do.

Most of mine have already been covered, but I’ll say people who never read. Like, at all. Also people who can’t spell, but that’s bad of me and I’m working on that one. Spelling seems to be a natural talent, and if you don’t have it, it’s much harder. So I’m trying to stop that one.

People who wear sandals all the time, but have nasty-looking feet. Geez O. Pete. At least trim your nails and scrub some of that dead, scaly stuff off your heels.

Me too. The fact is, I’m intensely judgemental of people I don’t know (misspellings, tattoos, and being religious are my big ones), but if I know and like you, you get a pass.

I just don’t get this - it’s not for the store - it’s for the other shoppers. Carts block parking spots, they roll around, they bump cars. Most stores put handy cart return spaces on every row, it only takes a minute to return the cart and make the parking lot a safer experience for everyone.

People who litter or don’t clean up after themselves in public.

Related: Lazy people (e.g. ones who change their mind about a purchase at the last minute and then just drop their item in the magazine rack by the till).

Since this is on a shopping theme:
Cashiers who have dollar coins but won’t give them as change because they mentally consider them “incoming only” and hand yuckky bills back instead.
Cashiers who are totally flummoxed by basic math:
“It’s $1.76”
“Okay, here’s $2.01”
“No, it’s $1.76.”
“I heard you; I’d rather have a one quarter than two dimes and four pennies plus the penny already in my pocket.”
“Huh? How could you possibly figure that out? Are you some sort of weird math genius that I should fear and dread?”

Any type of body mutilation including tattoos. If I see a female that looks attractive in person or in photos initially but has a nose ring, tongue jewelry, etc then I am repulsed and she might as well be non-existent from that point forward. I don’t like them on males either but I am straight so I don’t have to worry about the attraction thing so it isn’t as bad.

I look down on people with hick accents. Here in Texas it’s all relative, of course, and I have some fear that my northeast Ohio accent isn’t so great either. But people who sound like they should be on Jerry Springer make me crazy.

I also have a bee in my bonnet about typos and misspellings in formal documents.

I look down on people who find it necessary to look down on smokers.

I look down on rap music.

This statement is pretty much the epitome of what is wrong in the retail industry.

My biggest is when someone doesn’t wave when you let them in whilst driving. It takes about .2 seconds and it means the world.

Yeah, we all have things we’re petty about, don’t we?

• people who wear flip flops to work, pajamas to the store after noon, who wear polo shirts every. single. day.

• people who give list song title, then artist without even putting the title in quotes so you can tell which is which (obviously worse when they have obscure tastes in music) piss me off for no good reason, but they really do. Oh hell, it annoys me even if they do use quotes, but not as much.

• people who drive motorcycles without wearing a helmet

• people who use cell phones while: driving; eating meals with others; ignoring their children.

I have very few hot buttons that will automatically provoke kneejerk feelings of contempt. Among them:

• Don’t read for pleasure.

• Don’t listen to music ( any music ).

• Don’t like animals ( I mean any animals ) and are openly adverse to going to/being in natural settings.

But like others I’m perfectly fine with people I know with foibles like the above. I’ve had friends who rarely read, rarely listen to music or are uninterested in the outdoors ( though never all three at once that I can recall :wink: ).

OH boy. I am very judgemental, I admit it. I keep most of it under wraps, but I guess I can cut loose here. My (maybe irrational) judment calls:

• Women who let their looks go after kids/marriage
  • Anti-smoking activists
  • Loud cell-phone talkers (it always seems be be dim-witted people, too)
  • Men who drag on and on about “hot women”
  • People who brag about having no hobbies/not liking to read/exercise, etc.
  • One-Upmanship

I must stop! I’m getting irritated just writing this!