Mole II 6/25 Predictions and Analysis

If it’s Bill who is the Mole, I’ll be let down. My feeling is that it is either Katie or Bribs, but it’s difficult to tell. Editing is the real Mole.

I tend to think that Al and Darwin are the final two; they highlighted their little relationship and “coalition” last week. They seem smart and if neither is the Mole(I doubt they’d make the black guy the Mole), they will be the final two.

This weeks loser? Bill is my feeling.

Predictions for this week (and beyond):

Katie is out. She makes a deal to take $50,000 in order to bring Myra back.

Katie is the mole. Bribs wins.

Katie and Bribs become romantically involved.

Predictions for this week (and beyond):

Katie is out. She makes a deal to take $50,000 in order to bring Myra back.

Heather is the mole. Bribs wins.

Heather and Bribs become romantically involved.

Why would you be let down if Bill is TM Mahaloth? I don’t think he is, but logically, IMHO he could be. Did you think the telegram clue was too obvious?

I’m still most suspicious of Darwin and Bribs. After Myra leaving, I don’t have much of a suspect out of the females. If I had to choose, I’d go with Heather, but I figure she’s too much like Kathryn from last year. Why do you think Darwin wouldn’t be chosen as TM because he’s black? I guess there might be a backlash, but that happened last year when Afi and Manny were eliminated early on, and we now have a second season anyhow. I do think you have a point, but I think it can be looked at from another angle, TM has to be reasonably intelligent to avoid detection. I wouldn’t be able to do it, I’d blush as soon as someone asked me if I was TM. :o

Who did Myra think was the Mole? Before last weeks test, she was shown saying that her strategy was to focus on one person being the mole and answering the questions accordingly. So whoever she thought the mole was, isn’t. And since she tied with someone, one (or more) of the remaining players may also know that they had the wrong person pegged as the mole.

My prediction for this week: Another female player is executed, most likely Dorothy.

Well…For the sake of those dopers who haven’t seen it yet:

Wow!! I didn’t think she’d take it. I sort of wanted her to though. I think I would have. 50,000 dollars is a LOT, and the chances of winning are so low. It’s more money than I think I’d ever see in my lifetime. I know money isn’t supposed to be important…but it is. Elavia was the obvious choice as mole. I thought they would have chosen the favorite player to take the money and run or stay- it’s more pressure on them because they’re considered the good cool person. Wonder what they would have done if the least fave player was mole. I feel gypped out of an execution though…Nice to see Anderson’s sense of humor.

On a non spoiler note, Katie was pretty funny in the game. So adorable when she “killed” the guy. :slight_smile:

WHOA!

I didn’t see this coming at all.

Elavia takes the $50k and leaves! I was hoping there would be an execution in addition to her departure, but no luck there.

Anderson was a delight as always. “Sure is one greasy gnome you have.” And that little dance at the end? Be still my heart.
I think Bribs made the wrong choice, and I couldn’t see anything intentional about Bill. And I think Katie and Al may just kill one another one day.

Who is the mole? Dorothy. Or maybe Darwin. Or it could be Al. I just don’t know!

WHOA!

I didn’t see this coming at all.

Elavia takes the $50k and leaves! I was hoping there would be an execution in addition to her departure, but no luck there.

Anderson was a delight as always. “Sure is one greasy gnome you have.” And that little dance at the end? Be still my heart.
I think Bribs made the wrong choice, and I couldn’t see anything intentional about Bill. And I think Katie and Al may just kill one another one day.

Who is the mole? Dorothy. Or maybe Darwin. Or it could be Al. I just don’t know!

Oh, man! Tonight’s episode killed me. The little Survivor-type tribal council thingy at the end was hysterical! Complete with all the correct musical cues and torches in the background. Hi-freaking-larious.

Anyone else notice that Heather greased the gnome for Bill even though Anderson specifically said that they couldn’t grease each others’ gnomes? I was willing to forgive her touching the bike, but two weeks in a row? Hmmm. I’m presuming that they didn’t mention it because it was a moot point after the gnome broke, but I bet if they’d completed the race, Anderson would have dropped the bomb on them for that one.

Hehe, this episode was too funny. Anderson is still one of the coolest things about the show, even though I was really really hoping there’d be an execution, too.

I had no idea what the second movie (the one mentioned besides The Gladiator) was. I think that if I were in the game, I would make a point of saying that, so that people wouldn’t suspect me if I dropped the greasy gnome (hehehe) on accident. I don’t know if Bill’s break was an accident or if he did it on purpose (either for reasons of sabotage or to get an exemption).

The gladiator game was really cool. I wanted to do it myself. I did, however, want to see how the other “guards” would have reacted if Bribs all of a sudden started chopping off their “eggs”. That would have been funny. Bribs’ little speech about wanting to play fair seemed like a big lie to me, though. He just did it (IMHO) because he was afraid of the repercussions it would have on his interactions with the other players.

I still dislike Katie, though her reaction to killing a gladiator all by herself was quite funny and made me giggle. She is just so dramatic…I completely agree with Al. If I were actually playing I don’t know how I could have stomached being around her all the time.

K, I’m a married straight man, and I’ve got the hots for Anderson! He looks and acts like he’d just be so much damn fun to hang out with. I’m with Sapphire Bullet on the little dance at the end; that was a hoot. I also had a great time watching him choke on his food from laughing so hard at Al’s “How about jellyfish?”

I don’t know if Bribs was worried about the repercussions from the other players so much as the fact that had he gone for the exemption, it basically would have been him against everybody else. Didn’t look like one of the easiest exemptions to earn, IMHO.

As to the identity of the Mole, I don’t have a freakin’ clue.

Smeghead, I don’t think that the final execution thingy was supposed to be a parody of Survivor. There were no torches (only Gary’s head on a stake), and the music was just the traditional “Mole execution” music.

Caesar’s Ghost (I won’t argue with myself whether or not you’re great), I’m in the same boat as you. I’ve heard of Romancing the Stone, but never seen it. I don’t know what it’s about (only that it’s not about somebody who has a love affair with a rock), so I’d probably pick Gladiator, too.

Other thoughts:
-One things for sure: whoever the Mole is, it ain’t Elavia.
-Katie’s jellyphobia. Strange.
-“I never thought I’d be saying this-time to grease your gnome.”
-How could anyone get over that ramp with the gnome?
-It wasn’t the fall. 'Twas bike that killed the beast…er, gnome.
-Nice to see Anderson laugh and be silly.

I thought the jellyfish line was funny but I completely cracked up when Anderson returns at the end, starts his execution speach, then suddenly says “just kidding” and does his little “I love this game” dance. That was a classic moment.

I suspect that if the Mole had been the least liked player then they would have offered the bribe to the most liked. In fact, it seems odd that they did what was essentially the same game two weeks in a row and offered the “reward” to the least liked player in both cases. I suspect the Mole was the most liked player (or was very close to the top). After all, getting rid of the least liked player would probably be seen as a good thing by most players (“Goodbye and good riddance”) and wouldn’t shake them up as much as getting rid of a popular player.

OTOH, maybe they realized that the least liked player was probably also everyone’s top candidate for the Mole and that getting rid of them would throw everyone into confusion. I don’t know.

“I love this game…!” :smiley:

Anderson’s little dance. “I love this game!” He’s getting more and more queeny every episode.

Told ya so. :smiley:

• s.e.

If you’re really into the Anderson love, he’s guest hosting CNN Newsnight this week. He’s even snarky there. :slight_smile:

Skip my post if you don’t want to hear speculation about who is the mole…
Ok, let me know if I’m crazy, but I swear I saw another clue leading to Dorothy being the mole. If you looked at the gnome during a close-up, it appears that it had a mole on its left check. That would be strange for a gnome to have a mole, don’t you think? Dorothy is the only player with a mole on her face. Another conincidence? Hmmmm??? Also, at the end of the episode she said something to the effect of, “I can’t believe Elavia left. I was hoping she and I could just pick everyone off one by one” Of course, that could be her being cocky, or being the mole.

That said, I’m sticking by my guess that while the clues are leading towards Dorothy, I want Katie to be the mole.

BTW, all the Mole links you could ever want can be found here.

• s.e.

You know I am. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dorothy acted really suspicious at the end of this episode. She acted like she was running off at the mouth with all the stuff she was saying–as if she wasn’t keeping her emotions in check. All the other players losing their prime suspect? Not her? Hm. It just made me really suspect her right then.

[Off to see when CNN Newsline is on…]

Anderson was awesome. The part at the end of the gnome-home game when they’re all hugging was so adorable. I would have loved to hug him. :slight_smile:

I’ve never seen “Romancing the Stone” either, but right after Anderson said he’d give the details on the exemption later, I was pretty sure getting it meant breaking the gnome. I thought it was weird that Heather was greasing Bill’s gnome. Bill strikes me as the honorable type (or at least, he wants to appear that way), and I don’t think he would fall on purpose. But then that could be part of his honorable navy image. Hmmm. The stakes are going up for the exemption now.

I was and still am convinced that Dorothy is the mole as soon as she answered two brainteasers on the 2nd try a few episodes back.

There is NO WAY a musician could do that without being fed the answers beforehand. Perhaps she could get one Eureka moment, but getting both a hard math and a hard word puzzle in almost no time is just way too unbelievable.

Unless she is some kind of Good Will Hunting genius in a humble job, or the producers lied about her occupation, I remain convinced it is Dorothy.