Montreal PoutineDope: Coronary in a Bowl

clayton_e’s thread got us both thinking: we need to have a PoutineDope, to celebrate this wonderful, yet oft-maligned culinary delight.

Some Ottawa Dopers have been coming out of the woodwork to sing the praises of poutine, but IMO it’s best to hold PoutineDope here in Montreal, maybe at the end of September, or after Canadian Thanksgiving in October. The poutine tasting would talk place at lunch, SEVERAL hours before the standard dinner, because that stuff is solid, man.

Ideas? Suggestions? Comments?

And Eonwe had better show up this time!

So, which poutine joint do you have in mind ?

Are there any Lafleur’s downtown? Or we could make a trip to the East End…

I still hold Lafleur’s makes better poutine than LBP. Still, the quality of LBP’s poutine varies from each franchise. The one near Atwater Market is particularly good.

There’s a small resto on the Plateau (on Rachel, I believe) that makes excellent poutine, but it’s a separatist hangout (Éric Lapointe goes there, and I hate him), so…

Are there any Lafleur’s downtown? Or we could make a trip to the East End…

I still hold Lafleur’s makes better poutine than LBP. Still, the quality of LBP’s poutine varies from each franchise. The one near Atwater Market is particularly good.

There’s a small resto on the Plateau (on Rachel, I believe) that makes excellent poutine, but it’s a separatist hangout (Éric Lapointe goes there, and I hate him), so…

Count me in… Some friday would probably work out.
I’ll see if my schedule can work, anyone going to be going from this area (ny/vt)? Seeing about a ride.

Clay, Eonwe lives in Burlington VT.

uhm. Yes. !.

There’s a Lafleur’s right at the corner of St-Denis and Square St. Louis, right by Sherbrooke metro.

My vote for Montreal’s best poutine is Eurosnax, across the street from Papineau metro… European-style fries, gravy with proper spice… heaven… Lafleur’s indeed, heathens…

Ah, yes. I forgot about that one. It’s been years since I’ve been to that particular Lafleur’s.

There are two dependencies I hate using work terms :

1. It has to be on a weekend when I get paid.

2. It has to be on a weekend Eonwe can make it. Bastard.

And Daerlyn had better show up this time around. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll coordinate… but is it bad form to have another Dopefest so soon? Or are we just happy, shiny people?

Mock my sleeping habits, will you? I’ll be there. With bells on. :wink:

Like matt_mcl said, that’s the only one I know of close to downtown. Alternatively, there is another one on Monk blvd in the southwest and two other named Lafleur in Verdun, on Wellington, but they don’t seem to be part of the same franchise.

And they also serve beer !

Would that be M’ame Bolduc on Marie-Anne, near de Lorimier ?

And whistles ? Ahhh, promises, promises :stuck_out_tongue:

Sadly, I’m totally incapable of whistling properly . . . I’m sure I can find bells somewhere though. :slight_smile:

Yay, I’m not alone. I can’t whistle either.

So clayton, you’re gonna come by and we can be orally-inept together, right?

That didn’t come out right. :o

pout
I am all the way out here in the Western US, totally broke and craving some poutine! double pout

Ummmm daerlyn I gots tons of bells…
trade you fer a ride :smiley:

Krisfer honey, I’m already here. :slight_smile: Although if I drove I’d go and get you, I swear.

Ahh…Montreal…where there’s a sex shop on every corner! Kinda like Tim Horton’s in Ottawa! Only, they sell coffee, instead of, um, naughty things.

OK, maybe it’s not that bad, or good, depending upon your point of view, but there’s this one street where it seems like it’s all sex shops. St. Catherine’s I think? It’s kinda weird.

Well nutz. Another brilliant solution shot down by slight miscalculation.

read the location at left next time

Oh well…

Stephi: Only for a couple blocks! Ok, like, 20 or 30. :rolleyes: But still.

Krisfer: I forgive you. You were obviously overwhelmed with joy at the mere thought of spending several hours in an enclosed space me behind the wheel. :smiley: I can understand that.